Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

MIA Members/Where Are They?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 525354
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 5:10pm
Some high profile NRL players have also been known to act as "disruptors"

Unfortunately they get it arse about & disrupt there own team Ouch
Refer ALP Election Promises
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

unlikely LOL

CryCryCry
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 7:35pm
This for you JJ.

TJ might well be coming to Towong 2025 (see Towong Cup thread in the Racing forum), so if you can get off your ass and maybe hitch a ride with Sister Dot/Acacia Alba/Dizzy you'd provide the teetotaler we need to round off our pot-pourri of attendees.

And hey, Oneonesit would also be absolutely more than welcome to join with we hoi polloi on this marvelous long weekend: sort of daggers at dawn and middies at mid-day stuff.  Thumbs Up

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 12:07pm
 I don't even know where Towong is...

Confused
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 2:16pm
Two stops from Lang Park and nearly in the shadows of Mt Cootha, if only you add another "o".
Seeing Manchester United relegated would mean more than words can describe to me.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 2:16pm
Mt Coot-tha, pardon the poor spelling.
Seeing Manchester United relegated would mean more than words can describe to me.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Two stops from Lang Park and nearly in the shadows of Mt Cootha, if only you add another "o".

Two very long stops from Lang Park. First to the airport, then a flight to Melbourne. 

Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 3:05pm
NE Victoria, close to Corryong:

Towong is a bounded rural locality of the Shire of Towong in Victoria, and is on the Murray River close to Corryong.

Horse racing commenced at Towong in 1871 and to this day still remains one of the districts most exciting and fun social events of the year.

The Towong Cup run on the Victorian Labour Day long weekend hosts around 2000 guests who travel from near and far to soak up the atmosphere of true country racing. With Victoria’s oldest free standing grandstand, magnificent century-old elm trees and sweeping views of the majestic Snowy Mountains, you could be forgiven for thinking it still was 1871.

In fact the setting is so nostalgic that the Towong Race Course was used in the filming of the classic Aussie film, Phar Lap!

The Towong Cup promises to be a ripper of an occasion and we have a fantastic day planned to make it special for everyone

Towong Cup

The Towong Cup promises to be an absolute cracker and to help celebrate 153 years of horse racing we have a fantastic day planned to make it a day not to forget. There will be fashions on the field, music by the Tedrocks, free kids activities and a fantastic 7 event race program that kicks off around 1pm. Shuttle buses will also be running from various destinations to help you get to and from the track safely.  Have you put Towong on your bucket list yet?  We'd love to see you at the races!

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 3:18pm
Hop, step & a jump from the NSW border

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 7:06pm
we hoi polloi 

LOL, SC.  Check the dictionary meaning . LOL  I always thought it mean the elite.  But not so Cry
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 7:09pm
We're "salt of the earth" AA.  Tongue
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 7:10pm
 I hope you all enjoy the day. I will happily remain on my ass/donkey, watching the football. 

By the way...who are the Tedrocks? 

Ermm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 7:10pm
Honestly SC.  Cry  Can you see my good self and JJ stuck together in a car from Sydney to Towong ??  CryUnhappy
animals before people.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Two very long stops from Lang Park. First to the airport, then a flight to Melbourne. 

Wink

I think you have missed the key point of my post.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 9:25pm
 No.  You were referring to Toowong. I know where that is. 

Geek

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 9:26pm
 I was just perpetuating the joke. Wink
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Honestly SC.  Cry  Can you see my good self and JJ stuck together in a car from Sydney to Towong ??  CryUnhappy

I reckon the exhaust might blow....LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 11:18pm
I reckon something might blow Thumbs UpLOL
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 12:47pm
 Or we would have a good time dissing posters on here.

Thumbs Up 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 12:58pm
Or revering others 😂
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 3:44pm
 SC, Afros, TJM, Furious and Voyager, you mean...

Thumbs Up
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 3:46pm
 Sorry, got to duck off. PT and I are discussing tonight's big game. He says the Chooks have no excuse if they don't win. Strong team. 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 7:57pm

Or we would have a good time dissing posters on here.

Thumbs Up 

LOLThumbs Up
animals before people.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 8:13pm

No.  You were referring to Toowong. I know where that is. 

Geek

Thumbs Up

Appologies, been a big week!  All in good fun.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 9:10pm

Sorry, got to duck off. PT and I are discussing tonight's big game. He says the Chooks have no excuse if they don't win. Strong team. 

They certainly won’t be winning this game the way they are playing. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 9:46pm
 Ashley Kline attempted to help them win.

Thumbs Down
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 525354