Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Is David Vandyke a myth?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 9:11am
He is very good by Australian standards. 
reductio ad absurdum
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 10:15am
You gotta love racing on days like these. If you didn't chew your nails waiting for the truck to arrive, or cheer Leviathan past the post, or choke up when The Alligator shot clear - you're not a fan.
And how good to read through this old thread   
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 8:47am
Hope, for his sake and ours, that he doesn’t end up overseas?
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Sister Dot Sister Dot wrote:

Hope, for his sake and ours, that he doesn’t end up overseas?

See article previous page:
Great i/view too with the owner on Talking Horses/Jo McKinnon in which the family has gone thru' 20years of hell & his wife now with stage 4 (I think?) bowel cancer + liver + blood Cry so the latest 3.2mill offer was never an option.
He selects his yearlings by singing Sinatra songs & watching for reactions LOL but in the case of AB, was checking out the next door yearling. However, this elicited no response from the target whilst AB gave all the animated signs he looks for so $55k later..........!
The name is from a poker term loosely meaning 'never give up' & refers to the last 20 years of stress (took on the govt. & won)
I think that's about it & I loved the insight.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 11:00am
None of my business, but he just won over a mill, plus whatever his balance was previously. Hope they at least put his return fare in the deal.
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 11:31am
The owner said he would not be going anywhere, no matter how much is offered.
He's part of the family who are also involved in equestrian activities, which is what he'll be doing post racing.
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 11:35am
Sorry I read that wrong and thought they sold him. He’s a lucky boy, champion horse, champion owners 😊
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 6:38pm
Phew!!!! Don't hold back Archie LOLLOLLOL

Dick Van Dyke Gets Away With Million Dollar Murder And Tells the World We Should Feel Sorry For Him Well Ive Got News For You Mate We Dont Want or Need Your Type in This Racing Game

al

Nathan Exelbys piece of piffle and nonsense in the Courier Mail this morning about Dick Van Dyke being a declared a drug cheat and his horse being disqualified from one of the biggest races on the Queensland thoroughbred calendar tells you everything you need to know about his credentials as a racing writer, and explains why 40-50 thousand people a week read this website.

What a pea-hearted piece of arse kissing nonsense Exelbys tripe is.

David Van Dyke Dick has just been found guilty of pulling a million dollar plus swindle on punters and rival owners and trainers by running Alligator Blood in the Magic Millions Guineas with the prohibited banned substance Altrenogest in its system.

There is no good reason in the world for a trainer to use Altrenogest (Regumate) on a gelding, other than as an anabolic steroid administered to improve the horses performance.

alq

If Ben Currie had trained a horse that had thrown a positive to the unlawful roids, then Nathan Exelby would have been standing on the rooftop pointing, shouting and screaming and calling him a cheat.

But because its Dick Van Dyke who is cheating, Exelby lets the whole disgraceful doping run through to the keeper, and instead of condemning the man who the whole world knows was once whacking his horses with elephant juice, whacking himself with Harry the Horse, and sticking synthetic steroids into his Group 1 winner Yankee Rose, Exelby instead writes an exculpatory piece painting Dick as the victim.

Hes no victim.

Dick Van Dyke is a cheat, and has been for thirty years.

Leopards dont change their spots, and he hasnt.

What sort of state is Queensland racing integrity in when Editor of the fast fading monopoly rag spends his time sticking up for dope cheats, and going to bat for juice men who rob their colleagues and their sport?

You are a disgrace Nathan Exelby, and so are you Mr Van Dyke.

A pox on both your stinking houses.

Our sport would be better off without you both.

It was a wonderful experience winning the Magic Millions and although the result has changed, it certainly doesnt erase that experience.

Are you kidding Dick?

Of course it bloody erases the experience.

You have been disqualified for cheating.

You lied, and you cheated.

Cheated just like you did with your Queensland Horse of the Year Yankee Rose, which never actually raced in Queensland once in her whole life.

Cheated just like you did when you won the Kembla Grange trainers premiership with horses that were doped to the eyeballs with elephant juice.

You can do the power of positive thinking thing all that you like mate.

We all know you are a repeat cheat and a multiple offender.

You should be scrubbed out of the game.

Vandyke said the drawn out process had been a test of his resolve and allowed him to reset and focus on what is most important.

What is important to you Dick?

Not doping your horses perhaps?

Doubt that.

Earning dough, thats whats important to you, and doing by hook or by crook or by any way that you possibly can.

Its nice that its all out there now and I can just move on

Only because the QRIC are piss weak and let you.

You should move on alright.

Right out of racing.

Alligator Blood was all-consuming up until late February, March this year. Since that point in time and off the back of the positive, Ive had to reset myself, just let go of the Alligator Blood story for a while reset myself, which I think has been valuable for me as a person.

Valuable for you as a person?

What, being caught doping for the umpteenth time?

You are joking arent you?

No youre not, you are just a full-on bullgelati artist.

Hes been doing it all day ref, and for 30 years.

Send him off.

It has allowed me to concentrate on my other horses, my relationships, my fitness, my mental health. All those things have been important areas of focus since the news of the positive came out.

Its all about you isnt it Dick?

Dont worry about the honest trainers and owners son.

Just get out the violin and play Woe is Me.

Piss off.

It was there lingering in the background. I knew I was headed to an inquiry at some point. I didnt know until (Thursday) what the result of that inquiry was going to be

Yeah, you got off light didnt you mate.

Real light.

Gee you are lucky there is no three strikes law in racing.

If there was, wed never have to hear your self-serving, poor me crap ever again.

Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 6:42pm
To those with long enough memories Vandyke changed his name from David Hayes to David Vandyke, which Archie Butterfly alluded to in another article on his website.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 7:30pm
Gee, I had no idea he used elephant juice on his horses when he trained at Kembla, if that's true then he's lucky to be training at all.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

Gee, I had no idea he used elephant juice on his horses when he trained at Kembla, if that's true then he's lucky to be training at all.

He copped that ban when his name was David Hayes.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 8:13pm
Be watchful, BB, Dangerous Dan Andrews might change his name to Dan Murphy, and sweep to victory on a policy of free beer !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Be watchful, BB, Dangerous Dan Andrews might change his name to Dan Murphy, and sweep to victory on a policy of free beer !
He could change his name to Daniel Craig(James Bond)with Halle Berry throw in as his Minister for Health and I could not vote for Chairman Dan.
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

He copped that ban when his name was David Hayes.
Maybe thats where he learned to be a horse whisperer. When theyre full of juice, loud noises can startle them. ShockedShocked
Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 7:58am
I wonder if the other David Hayes (the smiling one) asked him to change his name??? He may have said this game isnt big enough to have two mes LOLLOLLOL
Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.
Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 6:42pm
Any thoughts on the 2 winners he had at Doomben today?

1. Orbisyn - has won 4 from 4, all by big margins
2. Weona Smartone - has won 5 from 6, again by big margins

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 6:48pm
Both weapons and both not for sale CryLOL
Time is a flat circle
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 6:59pm
By the way, how's Alligator Blood progressing?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 8:14pm

Alligator owner takes legal action over Millions disqualification

Alligator Bloods owner has launched legal action in the Supreme Court seeking that the disqualification of his star horse from a rich Gold Coast Magic Millions race last year be voided.

Allan Endreszs action names the Queensland Racing Integrity Commission, the Racing Queensland board and Racing Australia as respondents in the matter.

Alligator Blood was disqualified from last years $2 million Gold Coast Magic Millions 3YO Guineas after traces of altrenogest were found in a post-race sample.

Greg Hickman-trained Eleven Eleven was subsequently declared the new winner.

However, News Corp has now seen documents, recently served, in which Endresz seeks to reinstate Alligator Blood as the winner in the Supreme Court.

Endresz has applied to the court for the purported disqualification of Alligator Blood to be found void and he seeks that QRIC, RQ and RA pay the costs of the application.

Because Alligator Blood won the race, Ezybonds No 1 was awarded prizemoney of $978,945.56, additional prizemoney was also awarded to the Alligator Bloods trainer and jockey, Endresz says in an affidavit.

I was never given an opportunity to be heard by the (Queensland Racing Integrity) Commission or the stewards before the purported disqualification of Alligator Blood.

Endresz and his legal team are arguing there was no procedural fairness and Endresz insists he was not given an opportunity to challenge the finding that a prohibited substance was detected in the sample taken from Alligator Blood or make submissions about the disqualification.

The owner seeks a declaration that the purported disqualification of Alligator Blood is void and of no effect because it was made in breach of the stewards obligation to observe the principles of natural justice whether that obligation be imposed as an implied term of the contract or as a matter of general law, Endreszs Supreme Court outline of argument states.

At the time, Alligator Blood was trained by David Vandyke but is being transferred to Gai Waterhouse and Adrian Bott.

Group 1 Australian Guineas winner Alligator Blood is currently with Billy Healey for pre-training on the Sunshine Coast after having successful surgery to repair a degenerative condition to his back, called kissing spines.

theshu25 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theshu25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 8:18pm
Hope the stewards are drug testing this cheating thieves horses.
theshu
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123