Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

BLACK CAVIAR RETIRED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petiterhapsody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 5:10pm
Not me AA, I don't push mine for the sales, just feed them well and minimal exercise, I even prep them from small paddocks. They all happy as Larry that way and not overworked at all. The flipside though as we are in a mountain climate they are smaller, but hey its their natural growth and they are what they are. They will grow when their ready. And PS I generally wean around 6 months pending if the foals and mums are ready to part ways.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Lexawin Lexawin wrote:

Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

That is NOT normal
Far from it
BS its been done like that for years...you guys are living in the past...do you think for one minute they would have taken it off her was it not ready..get real Shocked

Are you able to name any reputable studs practising this program? I've personally never heard of a foal weaned in November by choice Confused
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 9:53pm
Me neither, and I am all for Petiter,s plan.   Good on Petit.
My good friend,s kid works on a very famous stud in the Hunter, with weanlings,  and no way do they take babies off Mum at 3/4 months.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Lexawin Lexawin wrote:

Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

That is NOT normal
Far from it
BS its been done like that for years...you guys are living in the past...do you think for one minute they would have taken it off her was it not ready..get real Shocked

You should tell us who these expert people are then ???    No one I know, and in spite of what some of you think, I do know heaps of breeders,  big and small,  takes a foal away at 4months. 
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 9:58pm
Unless there is a problem.
animals before people.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Sometimes it pays to read preceeding posts...............you never know what you may learn LOL

Originally posted by VSP. VSP. wrote:

While it was lovely to see Nelly parading at Flemington today I found a couple of things a bit disconcerting. 
Firstly owner Neil Werrett was very forward about stating several times they had given Black Caviar the year off hence not in foal - well she was served right through to 21st December according to Stud Book, which sounds more like nature gave her the year off rather than her owners.
Secondly, her 2019 colt foal is less than 4 months old, but Nelly certainly didn't appear to have a nursing bag of milk so where is he?

The decision was only made early last week to parade her & LP kindly offered their Flem. stables so that she could be on track. She arrived Thursday.
Werrett on RSN this morning again stated "We decided to give her a year off" What a BS artist Angry Thankfully Mother Nature ensured a well deserved break Clap

She'd have to be short odds to get rented out to the Japs for a NH cover before the yer is done.
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

She'd have to be short odds to get rented out to the Japs for a NH cover before the year is done.

I actually think she's a great chance to be sent overseas for a SH time cover by a stallion like Frankel or Galileo. In the current ownership group, they won't be leasing her.
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 12:36pm
What I mean is, I expect them to keep using the great mare as some sort of party favour. Get some of that Asian money.

I replaced 'pimped' with 'rented' in an effort to tone it down a bit. Apologies for the confusion LOL

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 1:20pm
I just looked at those pictures again.  Cant get over how good she looks.  Are we all sure its her and they didnt do a Fine Cotton ??Wink
animals before people.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 5:21pm
Production line, with % of associated downfalls 🥺 surely the owners of BC aren’t put under the pump
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 12:50pm
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 1:52pm
They are talking about running her first up in stakes race. 🎓
reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12