Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Australian property crash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 373839
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 6:55pm
You don’t want to play that game Doc.

Scomo is out and about every day, I could flood the pages with fact checks about the piffle that spews out of his mouth
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Speaking of cycles. What do you reckon this one is, lunar? It builds and builds and then all of the toys start coming out of the cot again

Clap ... thank you Judge - that's all I ask! ... comment on stuff you know something about!!!Embarrassed
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 9:43pm
Not sure where you get this second richest country idea from Doc, interested in your sources. Done some research myself and anything I found has us in the late teens to early 20s. Still comfortable but nowhere near your claims.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Speaking of cycles. What do you reckon this one is, lunar? It builds and builds and then all of the toys start coming out of the cot again

Clap ... thank you Judge - that's all I ask! ... comment on stuff you know something about!!!Embarrassed

That’s obviously a “do as I say,not as I do” for you.

Or are you about to stop posting forthwith?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Not sure where you get this second richest country idea from Doc, interested in your sources. Done some research myself and anything I found has us in the late teens to early 20s. Still comfortable but nowhere near your claims.

Invostopedia Afros - rusty will tell you it's a "Murdoch Rag" I suspectWink ... just be careful, in the time it takes to post this, we could have dropped to #3 - that is guaranteed under Labor!

By the way, just saw Chris Bowen pretending that getting his numbers wrong by 100% doesn't affect his Property Tax policy ... THAT'S WHAT HE SAID, AND BLAMED SOMEONE ELSE ... seriously, you would not trust this guy to give you correct change from a $10 note at the corner shop!!! 

Are we really entertaining this guy, Shorten and Turnbull (he has to jump in every time they fcuk up you would have noticed!) as the leaders of the country?   SPARE US LORD!!!Cry

Oh look, and here they are!

Left to right - SHORTEN, TURNBULL, BOWEN! Embarrassed

Image result for three stooges

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 12:26am
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

That’s obviously a “do as I say,not as I do” for you.

Or are you about to stop posting forthwith?

Would it make you more pleasant or honest if I did?
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 9:32am

Well I suppose I could post (or rather scream) essentially the same thing into half a dozen threads until about 4am on a daily basis, but then the TBV vacancy for “Unhinged Simpleton” was filled looooong ago. And I must say Doc, you really have made it your own.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 9:56am

Well I suppose I could post (or rather scream) essentially the same thing into half a dozen threads until about 4am on a daily basis, but then the TBV vacancy for “Unhinged Simpleton” was filled looooong ago. And I must say Doc, you really have made it your own.

So I'll take that as an acknowledgement that you have nothing - Cheers!Big smile

Feel free to ask if you have a question.Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 9:59am
Of you? Why bother? We know the answers. You’ve been on repeat mode for years. Only the colours change.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 10:03am
So how can you remain so clueless?Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 10:14am
Maybe I’ll give it a shot then....hmmm, volcanoes, Gary Rohan, dinosaurs....

Nah, better off with the George Constanza approach to your posts-think the opposite.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 10:18am
I’d call that judge 2 Doc 0......
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 11:05am

Maybe I’ll give it a shot then....hmmm, volcanoes, Gary Rohan, dinosaurs....

Nah, better off with the George Constanza approach to your posts-think the opposite.

Ahhhh, you got me there, didn't you!

So, in your opinion, those are the main election issues - well ahead of the LABOR/GREENS' WEALTH DESTROYING POLICIES that they don't understand, can't explain, and totally fcuked up anyway?

You know it is a little creepy that such meaningless things are indelibly etched into your mind, but you refuse to try to understand basic economics ... Hey, YOU could be Shadow Treasurer tooClap

ScoMo - 3

Shortonbrians - 0
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 11:06am
Any questions, do not hesitate to ask!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 1:25pm

I'll try some Psychology on the team.

At 3.05 PM tomorrow, The Queen Elizabeth Stakes will commence at Randwick
. AT THAT TIME the word WINX will have you think of TBV's own Winx,= DOC.

.That will be a fitting tribute to our very own champion.

ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

And you want us to believe that you voted no? Yeah right!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 2:26pm

Big meeting for a Friday Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 3:31pm
I think he’s referring to the maiden at Orange. Makes much more sense
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Big meeting for a Friday Confused

Hahaha -GOTCHA Plik . NOW read my 11.30 am post in the LNP thread.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 7:28am
He's only had 5 years to understand the facts and now he's been busted, so he blames anyone he can, including the media? ... and somehow, there is still no change to LABOR/GREENS' FANTASY SURPLUS ...?
Chris Bowen is the only person on the planet who could have Bill Shorten as his leader.

Home policy built on shaky foundations

On the eve of the election ­campaign, Labor’s numbers man, Chris Bowen, has developed a problem with negative numbers — negative gearing numbers that is.

Labor’s Treasury spokesman has dramatically changed the public presentation of the key figures for one of Bill Shorten’s critical revenue-raising measures, based on changes to negative gearing and capital gains concessions.

Bowen is putting out confusing and contradictory figures and is unable or unwilling to say how these new figures affect Labor’s revenue forecasts for the next 10 years.

For almost four years, Bowen has been arguing in favour of Labor’s changes to tax breaks for negative gearing and capital gains aimed at raising $34 billion over 10 years on the basis that only 7 per cent of investors bought “new houses” and 93 per cent invested in existing property.

Apart from cutting the negative gearing tax concessions for the purchase of existing flats and houses from January next year to raise significant revenue to pay for many of Labor’s promises — including the $2.3bn biggest change in Medicare since it started — Bowen also says it is designed to expand investment in new housing to give first-home buyers a greater chance to buy their own home.

Yesterday the long-quoted “7 per cent” became an economic orphan. Bowen didn’t repeat or explain it. The Parliamentary Budget Office hasn’t used it. The Australian Bureau of Statistics disowned it and the Grattan Institute denied ownership.

Instead, in a media statement — and at the National Press Club — Bowen attacked the media and “self-interested” building groups and revealed the PBO had actually used a figure three times higher — 22 per cent for the first year of ­operation and “rising over time”.

He also quoted yet another PBO figure of 12 per cent for investors putting money into new dwellings, which was the PBO’s ­initial calculation.

Even if the various numbers are explicable, they are confusing. And Bowen is still refusing to indicate what impact the various numbers have on the long-term revenue raised.

In 2016, he faced his most humiliating moment as a politician when he had to admit Labor had a $16bn shortfall in the four-year budget estimates compared with the Coalition, and you had to wait for 10 years to be “better off” under Labor.

Bowen has done well on championing strong policy and arguing for equity and has benefited from not facing consistent grilling from the government on his negative gearing policy.

Well, the heat’s on. And he needs to clarify Labor’s position as soon as possible and demonstrate that outdated figures don’t have an impact on the $34bn in revenue Labor is relying on in every spending announcement by “closing tax loopholes used by the top end”.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 3:33am
$1.7 million in Chamberlain Avenue Padstow? ... tell 'em they're dreamin'!Wink

... definitely not if Bill gets elected!Dead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 373839