Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > International Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Japanese Racing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2023 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Interesting to note that the Arima Kinen field today features just one runner who also ran in the Japan Cup.  That runner being the aformentioned (by djebel) Through Seven Seas, beaten 26.4L in the earlier race.

Today's winner Do Deuce ran 4th, and today's runner up Stars on Earth ran 3rd in the Japan Cup.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2023 at 5:54pm
This is the disgraceful form the TAB had on their website. Apart from Afros how many other punters took notice of this form and took 5/1 about Do Deuce ?

Edited by djebel - 24 Dec 2023 at 5:57pm
reductio ad absurdum
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2023 at 6:04pm
Do Deuce's damline details after winning the Gr2 Kyoto Kinen in February. Nice to see Strawberry Road in the 4th generation.

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2023 at 9:09am
Originally posted by horlicks horlicks wrote:

Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Interesting to note that the Arima Kinen field today features just one runner who also ran in the Japan Cup.  That runner being the aformentioned (by djebel) Through Seven Seas, beaten 26.4L in the earlier race.

Today's winner Do Deuce ran 4th, and today's runner up Stars on Earth ran 3rd in the Japan Cup.

I was working off the TABs form, which had only Through Seven Seas as having run in the Japan Cup, I even looked through twice as I thought it odd that only one runner of the 16 had run in the Japan Cup.

As djebels post below yours highlighted it was a blunder on the TABs behalf as usual, I didn't have a bet in the race and I don't follow Japanese racing anywhere near closely enough to have been aware of the blunder but it is interesting to note that the Quinella paid $16.8 and the Exacta $47.9, can't help but feel with most being aware of how true the Japanese form is, if the TAB form had shown 3rd and 4th running in this race that quinella would probably have paid closer to even money...

The cynic in me suggests that this blunder could possibly have not been an accident... LOL
Seeing Manchester United relegated would mean more than words can describe to me.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2023 at 1:40pm
Just had a look at the Japan turnover figures as the Arima Kinen is said to be the biggest punting race in the world.

The turnover on the race yesterday in Japan was  54.7 trillion yen which is approximately $AU560 million
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2023 at 5:49pm
The Gr1 Hopeful Stakes has been won by Regaleira (2f Suave Richard x Roca, by Harbinger) defeating Shin Emperor & Sunrise Zipangu.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2023 at 5:58pm
Her 3rd dam is Wind In Her Hair, the mother of Deep Impact.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2024 at 5:53pm
The Gr1 February Stakes over 1600m on dirt has been won by the roughie Peptide Nile (6h King Kamehameha x Queen Olive, by Manhattan Cafe) who defeated Gaia Force.

Peptide Nile's 4th dam was My Darling One, a chestnut & white sabino who won the Gr1 Fantasy Stakes & was placed in a Kentucky Oaks.

Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2024 at 6:33pm
To add to the Sunday card was the Hyacinth Stakes, a 3YO event over 1600m which is a qualification event to the Japanese Road to the Kentucky Derby.

The winner was Ramjet (Majestic Warrior (USA) - Nefertiti by Gold Allure) won by 3 length 1:36.10 as the 13/1 shot.

His sire Majestic Warrior won the G1 Hopeful Stakes at Saratoga in 2007.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011