Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Priscilla Schmidt Injured

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Priscilla Schmidt Injured
    Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 7:40pm
I saw nearly half the field come down in race 6 at Doomben today and Priscilla Schmidt appeared to have the worst injuries. Early report was possibly 2 broken legs. Does anyone have any updated info?
Keep them honest
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 7:45pm
Last I heard was a broken ankle and possibly the other one as well.
Larry back soreness and possible rib damage.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 7:52pm
It looked really bad didn't it. How lucky were they to get out of that alive?

princerubiton View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princerubiton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 8:22pm
I missed it. Was anyone at fault or was it one of those things? Also how did the horses pull up?
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 8:28pm
couldnt see anyone at fault.  horse seemed to just fall sideways and take out the others.  like he may have just stumbled/tripped/dipped.
they were not racing close.
and yes,  did all the horses pull up OK?   heard someone say they did.
animals before people.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

couldnt see anyone at fault.  horse seemed to just fall sideways and take out the others.  like he may have just stumbled/tripped/dipped.
they were not racing close.
and yes,  did all the horses pull up OK?   heard someone say they did.

Certainly all the horses galloped on and looked OK
Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 8:32pm
It's a death wish riding in Brisbane. Reckless jockeys, big fields and tight tracks.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 8:43pm
wasnt a big field tho.  9 in the race.  not racing close at all really.
certainly not all squashed up !
thats why it was a bit of an "OMG what happened there " question.
is Doomben a tight track ?  they looked quite spread out.
( never been there ).
animals before people.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 8:55pm
What strikes me is how the girl jockeys tend to get smashed up worse than the blokes. Whether that is a matter of physiology, I don't know. I still remember the fall that killed a female rider at Doomben about 20 years ago, name Leanne Crook. Tragic.
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

What strikes me is how the girl jockeys tend to get smashed up worse than the blokes. Whether that is a matter of physiology, I don't know. I still remember the fall that killed a female rider at Doomben about 20 years ago, name Leanne Crook. Tragic.

Afraid to imagine the response if anyone began to give reasons for that. Not even going to quote a male jockeys' thoughts on the matter. The guns are loaded and ready, just waiting.....

Problem Gambler View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Problem Gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 10:05pm
I saw this. Personally thought it was Brooke Richardson's fault on Gold Rating. But only seeing it once with no replays shown, it's hard to have a concrete opinion.
jimbob04 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbob04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 10:47pm
not good at all looked real bad

Fine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 8:15am
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Any facts to back that opinion?
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 8:31am
What's the latest on both jocks?
Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + Lady Vega
Blind Faith View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blind Faith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 9:44am
Cassidy is bruised but no major injury at this stage. Priscilla has a collapsed lung, broken ribs and a badly broken leg which can't be operated on until the lung improves. Anybody who's had a rib injury of any sort will know the sort of pain she's going through. Best wishes for a quick recovery Priscilla.
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 1:47pm
I recently was told and confirmed by newspaper articles....that PRISCILLA and jockey BEN LOOKER are an item.

They have a property in GRAFTON.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 1:51pm
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by RED HUNTER RED HUNTER wrote:

I recently was told and confirmed by newspaper articles....that PRISCILLA and jockey BEN LOOKER are an item.

They have a property in GRAFTON.

Big deal.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 1:55pm
So what if she has a boyfriend.... most of us do.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 2:06pm
Celebrate love
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 2:11pm
PT....your P and B photo...that would the day VICTOREM won the COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIP....Priscilla is wearing the colours of VICTOREM. Classy.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 2:17pm
Yes it is RED I had seen it on her Facebook page.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 2:25pm
PT...is that a helicopter in the background?

Any ideas who the celebrity was?  or just SINGLETON.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 2:26pm
could be JEFF GOLDBLUM, "THE FLY"
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 2:36pm
Dont know RED, but I dont think they are an uncommon sight on racecourses. Might be the Sky Racing chopper. 
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 2:47pm
Probably Nick Williams
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 2:49pm
(old joke.....Did you hear about the pilot who flew home to see if his wife  was being unfaithful ?

by hell he copped her
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by RED HUNTER RED HUNTER wrote:

(old joke.....Did you hear about the pilot who flew home to see if his wife  was being unfaithful ?

by hell he copped her
LOL

That joke is so bad it's gone past bad and back to good again.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 1:58pm
Jumped on this thread expecting there was some serious new about Priscilla. Ended up reading an ordinary dad joke.   
 Post Reply Post Reply