Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Chris Waller

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 727374
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 9:55pm
Such a disappointment that Waller didn't travel Winx. But its done now and we look forward to Royal Ascot 2022.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 5:04am
reductio ad absurdum
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 2:42am
I am surprised that Waller did not mention that Nature Strip usually improves after a run from a break.

I still think he will be ring rusty tomorrow, but hopefully he is still good enough!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 12:48pm
You would imagine he flew to England as fit as hands can make him and be 100% ready to go.
reductio ad absurdum
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 1:36pm
I would of thought Nature Strip is ready to go
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2023 at 7:40pm
Again I am surprised he not get a mention for his achievement on Saturday.

Whatever you think of him and his factory style stable, to win 150 group 1's is a great achievement.

Also to add to that he has done it in 15 years. (his first coming in 2008 Doncaster with Triple Honour).

If he stays training for 10 more years, he could get close to the two legends at 250+. 

With more group 1's on offer now it is easier to win one if you are a major stable, but still an achievement that should be recognised Thumbs Up
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2023 at 7:49pm
Guess we just get a bit blase about his results Voyager.

Amazing he had 7 of the 16 field Winx Stakes runners.  
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 12:03am
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Guess we just get a bit blase about his results Voyager.

Amazing he had 7 of the 16 field Winx Stakes runners.  
McDonalds also break records for the most hamburgers sold. 
“Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.”
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Again I am surprised he not get a mention for his achievement on Saturday.

Whatever you think of him and his factory style stable, to win 150 group 1's is a great achievement.

Also to add to that he has done it in 15 years. (his first coming in 2008 Doncaster with Triple Honour).

If he stays training for 10 more years, he could get close to the two legends at 250+. 

With more group 1's on offer now it is easier to win one if you are a major stable, but still an achievement that should be recognised Thumbs Up

Not sure he will ever be as good as Bart and TJ. In terms of Australian racing, they both hold the record for most Group 1s - 246 each. Good chance Waller gets to that figure in time but whether he will truly he as good as them...who knows....not sure.
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 2:14pm
I vaguely remember TJ being restricted to racing 2/3 horses in a race,anyone remember this ? 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 3:12pm
No , not I , but I do remember Neville Begg having 8 runners in a F/M race at Rosehill , he trained for a lot of breeders at the time .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 727374