Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Darren Weir

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freefall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2024 at 9:36pm
I just finished Jim Cassidy's "auto" biography.

Wasn't very complimentary about Chris Waller.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2024 at 10:40pm
In fairness  tho, Jimmy prolly hasnt got a whole lot of room to bag someone else ?WinkLOL

animals before people.
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2024 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by mc41 mc41 wrote:

Was charged with having electrical devices, but not using them.
Didn’t they have a video of them being used on a treadmill? 

I hate cruelty to animals full stop. 
I hate what he has done and had others do. 
I hate those who defend what he has done 

Giving people a second chance is righteous, but I really dont know 
Not sure whether he will be getting a second chance after today’s admissions and guilt plea. 
The video of them hitting the horses with a poly pipe whilst electrocuting them, doesn’t really seem like he is the animal lover he likes people to believe.
My suggestion is to give him life from any form of thoroughbred involvement, and maybe he can go and become a famous greyhound trainer or trot driver. He has the right morals. 
Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.
spinner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Freefall Freefall wrote:

an extract please 
kiwi88 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kiwi88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by spinner spinner wrote:

Originally posted by Freefall Freefall wrote:

an extract please 

Freefall View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Freefall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 6:30pm
Thanks Kiwi88. Saved me rereading it Smile
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 6:31pm
Interesting reading. Good that Jimmy Cassidy stood his ground too.
spinner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 12:11pm
With no reference to Jimmy or Chris it is a funny game, some think they are of higher importance, trainers, riders, Fact is its a big wheel with many spokes. Admin, greenkeepers, ambulance drivers, barrier staff, strappers, transport drivers, race club committees, vets, punters ect ect. 
In life its something that gets up my nose, anyone that thinks they are better than anyone else or more important, or a uses a reference as key player to puff their chest. 
Reminds me of a leading trainer i was standing behind in a racing office that gave a serve to the lady at the counter whilst getting his race book and owners tickets. The classic and abrupt, Don't you know who i am. Then proceeded to say you need to be replaced if you don't know who leading trainers are, was an absolute grubby form of bullying and i would never go into a horse that this bloke trained. You then hear these guys on the radio referred to as champion blokes when some are weak individuals.    
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 8:58pm
would anyone on this forum, watch and allow, alleged cruel acts, prohibited acts, and then film it all on 25 seperate occasions, and seemingly NOT report it or attempt to stop it or protest about it VERY LOUDLY
i sincerely doubt that very much
The fact that it was allowed to happen 25 times without a whimper, seemingly, till they have gathered the "evidence" is equalling offensive and appalling , would they allow a woman basher and similar "humans" to do their illegal and or offensive acts 25 times before saying enough?????

Edited by Take2 - 20 Mar 2024 at 9:00pm
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

www.3rdmillenniumbloodstock.com.au
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 9:50pm
Doesn’t matter. He did it, and the do-gooders here are worried about why they never stopped them. The reason is that nobody would believe that Darren Weir was capable of such cruelty. 
Back Weir, drink beer. 
Should be; Back Weir, support fear. 
Goes to show grubby owners will support any form of cruelty to get results. 
Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 10:31pm
Everyone knew he was doing it, was hardly a secret. I assume this was referred to stewards before giving up and involving the police.  As for not stopping them, the police let Flower and Hayson conduct their business for years getting enough on them. It’s how the police do it 
to the victor
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 10:33pm
not sure wot you are intimating there batman, i dont recall saying a word backing him or supporting him merely stating a fact that by allowing and obviously condoning it, until it suits otherwise is equally as bad or possibly worse
report it at the time, or grow a set and confront them (perpetrators)
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 10:34pm
Don’t be ridiculous.

Most of the owners owned an eyelash.
Most owners had no idea how “the sausage was made”
You think they had open days and gave everybody a turn with a cattle prod for a bit of “harmless fun”?
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 10:40pm
[QUOTE=linghi11]Everyone knew he was doing it, was hardly a secret. I assume this was referred to stewards before giving up and involving the police.  As for not stopping them, the police let Flower and Hayson conduct their business for years getting enough on them. It’s how the police do it [/QUOTE

in a previous life, if I knowingly allowed unsafe work practices to take place, or allowed others to do so, i would have been sacked, and or, depending on the issues and or  events therefrom, could or would have been in court and sued under the act.
Plus at every prestart, the message of see anything that may result in an serious event happening, stop the works, fix the problem and report it, not hard is it? beats doing an investigation into injury or worse.

i don't think owners would have set up the cameras or advised the police, the same sort of thing happened in the shearing industry, where a person worked with a contractor for some time, with a concealed camera and after he got the "evidence" took the video to the police whilst pocketing his weekly wages for some time, ( so much for his conscience or care, when the mighty dollar was involved)  the blokes involved in the activity of mistreating sheep, were convicted  (rightly so) and found it hard if not impossible to find work, if the cockies had of known about it they would more than likely have sacked the perpetrators, ( but it is not an activity that is done in front of the contractor or the cocky) and possibly the whole sorry affair would have been avoided (speak up or shut up at the time in my book), poss off out of the industry and let someone else who might have a set and the guts to do something about things like that at the time, and not be worried about milking it for all its worth before taking it further
If the person was so offended by the mistreatment, he should have notified the contractor or the cocky and let them manage it accordingly

Edited by Take2 - 20 Mar 2024 at 10:58pm

linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 11:14pm
I’d be surprised if his big owners and syndicators didn’t know, look at them now, they know for sure and are dying to go back for another bite. But the industry was well and truly aware before the news hit, and this wasn’t all of it. Shouldn’t be allowed near a horse, he’s fleeced enough industry money from other trainers and their owners 
to the victor
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 11:27pm
  Clap

Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 8:38am
Linghi ClapClapClap
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 11:40am
100% Linghi Thumbs Up
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617