Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Who owns horses???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 260261262
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 3:16pm
Absolutely.
Freefall View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freefall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Take2 Take2 wrote:

Pretty good run Bush Girl Freefall she kept giving

Thanks Take2.

She got out to 300/1 for this race and I couldn't help myself lol.

Currently 42nd in the ballot for the Oaks. There's plenty who won't go on. If she makes the field we'll run, if not she'll go for a spell.

Jay Ford says he'd like to ride her if she makes the Oaks field.

Still not sure whether the heavy going is a plus or minus at the moment. All her family relished it but jury is still out with her.

I tried to post in this thread before the race but computer gremlins got in the way,

Either way, really happy to have a racehorse on our hands - albeit still a maiden Smile
Freefall View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Freefall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 8:28pm
And I've just bought a yearling filly that we reared on the farm for $7k. I've got a champagne diet on a beer budget Tongue

Some mates have come in but I've been left with a bigger share than I want lol.

Anyone interested let me know. Craig Weeding at Wangaratta had a look this week. Likes her a lot and will train her.

You can see her on the Inglis Premier Sale last month - lot 567.
Freefall View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Freefall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 8:33pm
By Rich Enuff out of a Tiger Hill mare.
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 9:23pm
our ex Illuminous goes round in the next race (10) @ sha Tin ,1st try over 2000m , that what he would've done if we still had him

change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

www.3rdmillenniumbloodstock.com.au
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 10:14pm
Runs 3rd.  Take2 will no doubt tell us about the run.
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 10:33pm
Thought it a pretty ordinary ride, hunted him out of the gates, was never settled, chased them up when it never mattered ran, on like he always does
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

Freefall View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Freefall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2024 at 9:43pm
Well. This sort of planning very rarely comes off.

Bush Girl has made the Oaks field - of 10!

My mate who bred her has always looked for stayers. His best so far was Niwot who won a Sydney Cup, Lexus and a few others. Hawkes trained him but the only problem was he sold him at the yearling sales and had no share.

This time we're all part of it. He's even cancelled a wedding invitation on the weekend.

From the time we knew we had a filly, she was always heading to a staying, black type race - if she was good enough.

Kerry Parker bought into our dream and set her for it. She ran an unlucky 2nd in a maiden that upset the plans because we thought we'd need a benchmark high enough to get in. As in turns out there are only 10 acceptances from about 120 initial nominations and we could have been a bit easier on her.

Unfortunately we've bumped into one of the strongest fields in years. Orchestral and Zardozi look to have a mortgage on the quinella, but...

She pulled up well from the Adrian Knox and we are pretty sure she'll run out the 2400m.

Hope she runs well and gets home sound.
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2024 at 10:45pm
Marvellous news, freefall. To get a horse good enough for an Oaks is a success in itself. BOL and no doubt we’ll all be cheering for her. 
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 12:13am
Enjoy the special day Freefall, lot's of fun to be involved at that level! I'll be cheering on your girl.
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 10:36am
Blessed to have two at Gosford.  Incantress/Eye of the Fire.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 10:42am
And Sacred Eagle goes around in Race 5 at Sandown.
Rhino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 10:51am
Thanks for posting all. Really enjoy following your horses. BOL.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 2:44pm
Good luck all, my boy Crackle n Burn not far away, being primed for a crack at the famous May carnival here in Sunny Warrnambool
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

And Sacred Eagle goes around in Race 5 at Sandown.

Almost hit his nose on the turf after a blundering start, and afterwards failed to chase imo.  Suspect he'll be a very sore boy tomorrow, and irrespective very soon minus his gonads.
Freefall View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freefall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 2:40am
Bush Girl runs in the Oaks tomorrow at Randwick and her price says a fair bit about her chances lol.

However...if we jump we will lead and make it a true staying test. If I could get a price about being in front at the 600m I'd take it!

She has shown every indication that she'll run the trip but as everyone knows you never know until they try.

Anyway, worst case she runs last and we pick up $8k and as long as she pulls up well we'll be happy.

When I left my office job a year or two ago I gave all my ties to the op shop in town. I was at work today and had to text my wife and ask her to buy one back for me Clown

High hopes, low expectations.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 10:14am
Best of luck and have a great day!
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 10:34am
very exciting freefall, good luck and enjoy the day
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 10:35am
How exciting FF, see you there! A great ew bet Thumbs Up Star Yippee! 
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 12:57pm
good luck Freefall

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 2:31pm
All the best mate . 
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 2:56pm
Enjoy the experience Freefall.
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 4:32pm
Best of luck
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 4:48pm
bloody good run Freefall
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 4:59pm
Very Brave , should be proud of her Freefall , spell , back for the early spring , gotta get that win on the board , good luck mate . 
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 4:59pm
She sure ran a race! Onwards and upwards, ff Clap
Freefall View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freefall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 6:37pm
Thanks all. She was very brave - great ride and did exactly what was planned.

Still thinks she’s just having a run around with mates and as Kerry said the penny hasn’t quite dropped with her that she is a racehorse!

Spell now and we’ll see what the spring brings.

She was in the tieups next to think it over before he was paraded before the QE
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 10:18pm
She made them work to chase her . Didnt pike it either. Can be proud of her.
animals before people.
Freefall View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freefall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2024 at 12:03am
Thanks AA. That was the plan and she stood up to her end of the bargain.

Hope she enjoys the paddock for a while and comes back happy and relaxed.

Freefall View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freefall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2024 at 12:11am
I was having an average day on the punt until the last. If you discard the heart not head bet on Bush Girl I was still down on the day.

My wife gave me her late father's cap to wear to the races - he was Scottish and the cap was an original "St Andrews Old Course" bonnet.

So even though I like her anyway, I couldn't back anything else than Wee Nessy in the last.

Perfect ride from J Kah.

From down a bit, to a very good punting day after Wee Nessy and coupling her with both Russian Revolutions in the race in a quinella.

Ended up a great day racing wise and a better day punting wise!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 260261262