Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Weird Racehorse Names

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adladain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weird Racehorse Names
    Posted: 27 Jun 2009 at 2:40am
Surely there are some decent (and relevant!!!) names for horses, still out there.

Recently I've heard some strange ones, but a mare called TOM LIKES BEETROOT (Snaadee-Hesyan) is certainly the funniest.
What's the weirdest you've heard??

Daintree Duke R.I.P
The Shirtman View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Shirtman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 9:45pm
There was a weanling that went through the Sales on Friday by Untouchable out of Divinyl.  If it's not named "I Touch Myself" it will be a crying shame.
v and m View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v and m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 10:27pm
Poop Deck Pappy is one. Another one that I thought was funny was My Face, why you may ask? because I heard a bunch of women call out "Come on My Face!" Smile
ZAMINGA
1annandale1 View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1annandale1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 11:50pm
A clever name i noticed   and this one does go alright in WA...  By Dr Johnson   out of Honeymoon's Over     It is called  ONCE A WEEK..   I am lucky to get it now  once a month!!!
Ringlock View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ringlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 4:48am
I cringe every time I hear Mybigfatgreekhgorse.  And how about Cheap And Nasty
andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 4:58am

"And hear comes...ARRRRRRRRRR!!!"

Back Packer View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Back Packer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 6:42am
 I onwed a horse years ago that has one start and ran last! His name was "Who Cares". The race call didn't relise what he'd said till it was to late!!! very funny to listen to!
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 7:55am
used to be a horse raced out northern nsw named Sir Laponac which when read backwards spelt CAN O PAL. Cruel but true. dont know whether he avoided it or not.
Dichez View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dichez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 8:06am
depingsaregone.......... a guy who had his golf sticks stolen named this one
Being punctual means you spend most of your life waiting for others
MannyG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MannyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 2:53pm
Saw a dog go around a few days ago called Ask Bandit.. :P
scallywag View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scallywag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 7:03am
Owned and trained a horse called ITCHY HOOFS, and one day as they went through the races at Warren NSW it came out over the loud speakers "and Itchy Hoofs is scratched" Aparently there was much hillairity in the crowd
Miss_GC View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss_GC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 8:17am
Originally posted by scallywag scallywag wrote:

Owned and trained a horse called ITCHY HOOFS, and one day as they went through the races at Warren NSW it came out over the loud speakers "and Itchy Hoofs is scratched" Aparently there was much hillairity in the crowd

lmao - thats funny LOL

I like the horse running up in the Mid North Coast called Home On The Wife
amateur View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 9:54am
There was one called She Got The House.
troppo75 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troppo75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 11:10am
Hoof Hearted - classic & footage included http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqj2hkbDnyM&feature=related
Now having passed 1000 posts I feel you are all so much the wiser for my having said... stuff!
Ticino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 8:45pm
Hello,
here in your raqcing paper "Sportwelt" was a Report about a 2 year old named "Backpfeifengesicht" (a German word) a colt by Mayson, a name you defies a direct english eqiuvalent. It could be only explainj with a Long english description, 'a face you'd like to put your fist into' or "shorter fish face". Yes, he is in the data
of "pedquery".

WEhen i went through old volumes of the German Studbook I saw some names, which made we laugh, when I imagined all These horses were  running in the same race.
 A very Special case was a thoroughbred named "Iwnwseb", an unpronounceable Name. For a very Long time I thought something of "Racing Folklore". Well, I did find the Name in an older Volume
The mystery of naming is solved, when you do following:
i (ch)
w(eiss)
n(icht)
w(as)
s(oll)
e(s)
b(edeuten)
English: I don't know what does it mean (indeed) and it's the first line of the German Folksong "Lorelei" (the famous at the River Rhine. after a legend a blonde Sirene sits on it and combed her hair, while singing). The than racegoers called it "The Lorelei Horse".

regards, Ticino
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 9:08pm
Thanks Ticino.  I think.  Embarrassed
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 10:30pm
In the 70’s my mate named his horse Hugh Jarsol after our local steward.
Never made it to the races
This space has been intentionally left blank
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by scallywag scallywag wrote:

Itchy Feet was a good one in the early 1970's.  Won a George Main and Ryder Stakes.  He was well named too, out the mare Ticklish.

One from the hounds was Marbles Are Red, a clever name because the box draw was made using marbles and the most coveted marble was the red one, box 1.  

However, when you say it fast, like a race caller, well... I am sure there is an ointment you can get for that. 
early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 8:04pm
Slugs Brother Nugget
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 8:52pm
(I tried to slot this into a thread that already existed )

Does anyone know why this NAME is permantly unavailable ?

CoronachInternationally ProtectedNA
Coronach1923HorsePermanentNA
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 8:54pm
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 8:56pm
Thanks for that.
Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 1:48pm
Hamilton Race 1 - Howgoodisplumbing

I agree that plumbing is very good, but sadly the horse may not be given he debuted with a 6th of 6 beaten 99 lengths!
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 2:33pm
Bombed the start and race caller said his chances were down the toilet soon after LOL
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 8:35pm
Howgoodisplumbing Fractious in the barriers. Slow to begin. Trailed the field throughout. Rider T Sadler advised the horse was agitated prior to the race and after being slow to begin, failed to stretch out. A post race veterinary examination faled to reveal any obvious abnormalities. Trainer S Pateman was advised that the gelding would require to jump out prior to racing again. Trainer S Pateman indicated he would not be continuing with the geldings preparation
Kimberley Mine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 1:10pm
Found a real Shocked while doing some pedigree deep-diving:

Filho da Puta (br. 1812, by Haphazard ex Mrs Barnet)

Yes, this animal's name literally was "son of a betch."

One can only wonder at his disposition.
Ticino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 8:57pm
Hello,
 the most unpronounable Name I ever saw/read : Ezerkilenczszazegy

It means 1901(Nineteenhundred and one) In Hungarian language, and he was a German Derby contender in 1904, ran a 5thplace.

Another Classic winner was named Crwr (Dick Andrews-Lady Charlotte by Buzzard) won 2000 Guineas
in 1812.

regards, Ticino
 Post Reply Post Reply