Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Member Interviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Get to know your Forumite- PUNTING PATTO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get to know your Forumite- PUNTING PATTO
    Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 6:22am
I hoped on a plane during the week and hot footed it down to Melbourne, jumped the fence at Flemington, ran across the course and jumped into Punting Patto's backyard.
While I was looking for photos to use in this interview I did a google search for "punting patto" and saw one photo that I thought could not be used in this interview. It was Patto wearing a pair of black undies in his lounge room??
Over a few bets we discussed a few things, and this was what he had to say:-

Q. Where were you born and where do you live now?
Born in Melbourne, grew up in Balwyn, now live in Footscray.  Just round the corner from Flemington Racecourse.  Its the best.

Q. What is your earliest childhod memory?
getting nude and covering my whole entire body with mud.

Q. What was your favourite childhood toy?
my transformers.

Q. What did you want to be when you were a little fella?
A policeman that rode a motorbike. 

Q. What do you do for a crust now?
I work for an electricity retailer called Red Energy.  I work in the retention department so that means that all the customers that want to leave have to get past me first.  I'm not hard to get past!  My job is ok coz there isn't really anyone telling me what to do, i just sit on my iphone all day and read the forums and stuff like that.

Q. How did you meet your fiance?
We met on a Sunday night/Monday morning at a nightclub in Chapel St called Revolver.  We were both wasted.  I don't actually remember meeting her, i just remember waking up the next morning in a strange bed and she was lying there next to me.  I thought GEE! 

Q. What got you into Horse Racing?
No one in my family follows horse racing, but i always loved the Melbourne Cup growing up.  When i was about 16/17 years old a mate called Pat took me to the TAB in the MCG and i backed a few winners.  I never looked back. 

Q. Who has been your all time fav horse and why?
Might And Power.  I was at Caulfield when he won the Caulfield Cup.  The atmosphere was amazing.  Everyone there was aghast with amazement at what they just saw.  It was something special.

Q. Who will you be following this season and why?
 I have been following Baughurst for the last two seasons and i am not going to stop this spring.  He is contesting harder races nowadays, but is still very honest and will always give a good sight.
I also will be keeping a keen eye on Vigor, i think that Danny O'Brien has been waiting for spring to unleash this bloke.  He is good.

Q. Who's your fav jockey and trainer and why?
Favorite jockey is Michael Rodd.  He is one cool customer.  Favorite trainers are the Wildes because their horses always are always very well placed.  I always feel confident that i have backed a fit horse thats ready to win when i back a Wilde trained horse.

Q. What's been your biggest win and loss?
I'm still searching for that 'big' win.  I've had a few $1000 collects here and there and a few good days but nothing massive.... As far as losses go, I think that was when i laid Happy Glen on Betfair.  He won and i lost about $700.

Q. What other sports do you follow and waht teams to you suport?
I follow the AFL during winter and support Hawthorn.  During Summer i follow the tennis and cricket.  I love it when the Aussies do well at the Australian open.

Q. What are most peoples reactions to your Punting Patto posts on Youtube, and are you just as mad in person?(My wife reckons you would be)  
 Most feedback that i get is positive.  I love it when people send me messages telling me that they won by backing my selections.  I get the odd message telling me that i am ugly and warnings that i'll get bashed at the races if they see me.  I do the show because i love horse racing and because i wanted to connect with like minded people, and i have met some great people from doing the show.
I'm definately not that mad in person, not that loud anyway.

Q. Who would play "Patto" in a movie, and would be your female co-star?
Sylvester Stallone would definately play me.
Judi Dench would be my co-star.

Q. What 3 people get an invite to a 'Patto" BBQ and why?
Sylvester Stallone coz I love his stuff and i want to make friends with him.
Shane Templeton coz he seems like a good bloke.
Richard Callendar coz he will make sure that there is no awkward silence.

Q. What country would you love to visit and why?
Never been overseas.  The only thing that would make me want to go would be to see the races, so Hong Kong, England, France and the USA for their big race days.

Q. What would be your ultimate job?
Professional punter

Time for the quick ones:-

Laughing so hard it hurts- Australia's funniest home video show.
Buddy Franklin-  Exciting to watch.
Whobegotyou- Is due to win a race.
Fav beer- Heinekin
I love- my family and Horse Racing
Fav chocolate bar- Old Gold
Fav Movie- Rambo First Blood
Nathan Tinkler- Living the dream.
Thoroughbred Village- the Forums here can't be beat.
Fav food- Indian
2007 JASBTC Champion,2008 JASBTC Runner-Up. NSW Surge-Aussie LFL Champions 2013/14
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Blake View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 6:28am
hahah great interview, i had a laugh, love the story of your wife patto, one to recount to maggie when she is growing up?? hahaha.
Jarryd View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jarryd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 6:55am
You met her at Revs! f**k me, i'm not even going to ask anymore about that
Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 7:03am
Definitely.
vontastic View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vontastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 7:33am
_popupControl(); Great stuff hey Patto your fiance must have a good sense of humour (I thought Gee)
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 7:38pm
I'm still searching for that 'big' win.  I've had a few $1000 collects here and there and a few good days but nothing massive.... As far as losses go, I think that was when i laid Happy Glen on Betfair.  He won and i lost about $700.

Makes me on the edge of my seat waiting for the next instalment of Punting Patto ....NOT.

Dichez View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dichez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 7:41pm
Just means Patto doesnt outlay a lot.............. nothing wrong with that...... keep it up Patto
Being punctual means you spend most of your life waiting for others
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Dichez Dichez wrote:

Just means Patto doesnt outlay a lot.............. nothing wrong with that...... keep it up Patto

Still searching for his big win Dichez, How/where does he find it?
Dichez View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dichez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 8:07pm
Depends what you call a big win.......... if I won a $1000 quaddie and had outlayed $200 I would not call that a big win........ On 30th December  I outlayed $190 and won $93,297 , thats what I call a BIG win, but to me, i would say any win over $10K for outlay of around $200 would be a big win .......
but I spose you would really have ask patto what he considers a big win..........
Being punctual means you spend most of your life waiting for others
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 8:31pm
you come across as sane patto which is a little suprising.

good stuff mate. and several times i have thought that stallone playing you would be perfect.

i am sure he thinks the same thing

keep it up
"it's not gambling if you're absolutely sure you're gonna win" Barney Stinson
Niconero View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niconero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 9:48pm
The interviews are fantastic!
And it amazes me how many people find true love at Revlers, actually your the first person I've heard of...Thumbs Up
puntingpatto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puntingpatto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 6:46am
Originally posted by Nocturnal Nocturnal wrote:

gee, i would classify anything over 10grand a 'big' win.
www.youtube.com/puntingpatto
MannyG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MannyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 8:14am
Originally posted by puntingpatto puntingpatto wrote:

Originally posted by Nocturnal Nocturnal wrote:

gee, i would classify anything over 10grand a 'big' win.

It's all relative though. I'm in the same boat as Patto, a couple of $1000 collects, that is a big win for me.
Hotham Heights View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotham Heights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 8:30am
Is there any chance Patto could do a weekly racing news report during spring as well as his tips?? Would love to hear his views on things such as Berriman/Rawiller attack, early cup tips and  other racing issues... Oh Gee i reckon this bloke could make it super entertaining!! Wink
KangaMick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 8:31am
As long as he wears his Rambo headband!!
2007 JASBTC Champion,2008 JASBTC Runner-Up. NSW Surge-Aussie LFL Champions 2013/14
Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 8:53am
Being a true horse fan that he is Patto would I think he would bet straight up or e/w. It's hard to get up to the $10K mark unless you do the exotics. 
puntingpatto View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puntingpatto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 9:45am
Each day i bet i put on a formula 123456 bet on for the win and place on 6 selections.  Then a small quaddie.
So to win 'big' I'd need 5 or 6 of my selections to win.... or to get the quaddie if its a big one.
www.youtube.com/puntingpatto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic