Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Member Interviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Get to know your Forumite- MAXIMILLIONS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get to know your Forumite- MAXIMILLIONS
    Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 1:07am
I had a wonderful two days sitting on the beach with Maximillions enjoying a few cold Ales. We had a good old chat and this is what he had to say:-

Q. Why do you have the username "Maximillions"?

Honestly..what a cool name ! Imagine that on your passport baby !

Q. Married, single,kids? Where were you born and were do you live now?

Single baby ! Too many Girls in the world to just settle for one ! I was Born in Cairns Baby - Edgehill, only Sugar Cane there then ! I live on Maggie Island some time and T'ville city some time and Gold Coast some time.

Q. What do you do for a crust?

I am a Builder (Retired) ...only build things for me now,... only if I have too !!

Q. What did you want to be when you were a youngster?

A Builder Baby !

Q. Whats your fav sport to watch, and who do you support?

Any Sport thats competitive....not interested in seeing someone get flogged......except NSW in State of Origin !  

Q. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time apart from sport?

Relaxing and touring.

Q. Do you play any sports. Where you talented as a youngster?

I played field hockey...Yeah baby ! Played for Queensland when younger and again as a Veteran....Yes we all still think we are still 17 ( You might get the ball past me son...but you ain't going anywhere !)! Got talked into a game of golf by some of my football mates, It just came very natural to me...smoke that little ball and putt it in the hole, how easy is this !....Golf should only be played with your mates ! I only play golf with my mates.... ! ...oh and in the off season we'ed Bat and bat and bat...the Captain would always declare and me and me mate would be not out...saw the ball like a footy in those days ! 

Q.Who is your sporting hero and why?

So many....I'm Bias, Rick Charlesworth ! Honestly, a true champion, a living legend ! No frills, no cash, just the best dam competitive man ever !

Q. Whats been your biggest win and loss on the punt?

Now I call a punt..anything where i put my $$ up and theres a risk I may not get any of it back ! I have had some massive Gains on the stock market (years ago) in and out quick, or as some say momentum trading ! ....But became a Tax headache baby ! Remember AMP....before they listed in 2000 ...I was a good boy, I had been with them for 20 odd years, they gave me thousands of shares for free, and I asked for more as well !!! The whole country expected $16 tops, or thats what the papers said ....in 5 mins flat they went to $44, I sold over the phone, It was like I had just won lotto...all on my own ! I was building my house on the island at the time, concreting, I just told the driver to wait, cause I would only be a minute on the phone !....the bloke on the other end was screaming at me "What do you want to do ?" ........"SELL BABY SELL !" 

Q. Which sporting event would you like to watch live?

AC/DC baby  

Q. WHat would be your ultimate job?

Being invited to all Major and Minor carnival races days all over the country....As "Maximillions"....Now that would be a great life !  

Q. You have 2 free dvd rental vouchers, what you you rent?

The Warriors and Mad Max

Q. Which cartoon character/super hero do you most associate with?

Road Runner

Q.20th Century Fox has asked you to star in thier new romantic comedy. Who is your female co-star and whats the movie called?

any of the Miss Noosa's - "Beach Me Baby"

Q. What would be your favourite holiday destination be and why?
Most places in Australia....its Home....theres no place like home baby ! Love the Gold Coast (Broadbeach) its just so....yummy ! I go there often !

Q. What would you do with your last $100?

My last hundred......Put a big add in the Lonely Planet. This would make sure there would be an endless supply of backpackers at Maxi's house!

Q. Any hidden talents we don't know about?

No, all my Talents have been exposed !

Q. Whats a typical day on Maggie Island?

Peace baby

Q. Rick Charlesworth, AC/DC and Kanga are coming for dinner, what will you cook and what will we drink?

There will be a very large bowl of M&M's all types ! There is a bar and it caters for every type of drink ! I will cook a wonton soup dish and baked Coral Trout !

Ok word association time my friend:-

Politics-Gay
Generation Y-
Out There
Fav Book-
Courier Mail
Dole Bludgers-
Good Luck
Thoroughbred Village-not bad baby
Best advice I was given-
Never ever sell property
Malcolm Turnbull-Clown
Fav TV show-
Seinfeld
Love-
Girls
Fav Drink-
Ginger Ale
I am scared of-
Cyclones
If I had 24 hours to live-
Root
Queensland-
Winners 
Last time I laughed so hard it hurt-
When I was with a bus load of American Tourists.....and they just did everything i said ! ...I still roll around laughing today !

Maximillions thanks for your time, it has been very educational and relaxing. You are one Chilled Baby!!!Star 

Edited by Mayor - 04 Sep 2009 at 10:32pm
2007 JASBTC Champion,2008 JASBTC Runner-Up. NSW Surge-Aussie LFL Champions 2013/14
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

reldas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reldas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 1:44am
Great stuff kanga and Maxi was up there other week we should have caught upThumbs Up
Peter B View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 1:45am
another great read KangaThumbs Up i see you like Seinfeld Maxi, check out Curb Your Enthusiasm if you have'nt already. Full of laughs!!!
The Muffin Man View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Muffin Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 2:09am
Thumbs Up
"Well, I will never post again, if the Oz dollar doesnt go below 80 cents within the year 2012." - Occy22
Tommo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 2:22am
LOLClapGreat stuff guys!
Relampago View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Relampago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 2:41am
One question I would have liked to be asked... Whats with all the baby's baby??
Daintree Duke Fan Club President!!! RIP!!!

Melbourne Autumn Tipping Champion 2009!
Melbourne Spring Tipping Champion 2009!
straight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 2:54am
Originally posted by Relampago Relampago wrote:

One question I would have liked to be asked... Whats with all the baby's baby??

MAXI is a cool dude baby
u dont have to b dead to b stiff
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 3:00am
Too many cones Baby??????
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 4:00am
classic,

bring on the movie" beach me baby"

bet kanga enjoyed googling miss noosa
"it's not gambling if you're absolutely sure you're gonna win" Barney Stinson
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 4:08am
Very good!! Or should that be 'Very groovy baby'? YEAH!
I don't have one
the bushman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the bushman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 4:17am
maxi you should live forever man ,, no stress, no pain, no worries, on yer
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 4:46am
great stuff Kanga!
Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + Lady Vega
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 5:14am
Who ever said there was anything wrong with an old one but a good one?  Clap
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
Maximillions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maximillions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 6:19am
Looks funny from here.....

I rekon theres a role in that movie for you Q. !   

Well done Kanga !.........see I am normal   
Forget the odds.....You are Unstoppable !
Tommo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 6:22am
Very normal Maxi, perhaps too normal Shocked
Dichez View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dichez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 7:25am
For some reason the word HIPPI comes to mind........... yeah baby.........Clap great stuff fellas
Being punctual means you spend most of your life waiting for others
Maximillions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Maximillions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 4:43pm
6 years later and Beach Me Baby is only in draft stage
Forget the odds.....You are Unstoppable !
KangaMick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 7:24pm
Good to see you around Maxi!!!! Hope you are well mate. I still have my awesome unbreakable golf tees and use them a lot
2007 JASBTC Champion,2008 JASBTC Runner-Up. NSW Surge-Aussie LFL Champions 2013/14
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic