Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Member Interviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Get to know your Formite- ANDYNR123

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get to know your Formite- ANDYNR123
    Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 6:22am
This week I caught up with one of the Racing Forum's main contributors. I thought it was time to bring a few of the Racing Forum crowd over to the Sports Bar for a few drinks. Thier shout of course.
So this is what Andy had to say:-

Q. Why do you have the username "Andynr123"?
My first ever email address, when I was 10 years old, was andynorthrocks@hotmail.com. I obviously lived at North Rocks (in Sydney) and over the years it developed from there. I needed a 6 letter username when I was 11 so I shortened andynorthrocks to andynr and then when I needed a letter/number combination it became andynr123. I hate having too many usernames and passwords to remember so it has stuck.

Q. So whats your status?Married,kids? 
Haha, no, too young yet. Single and proud. Although if anyone knows of a nice girl...

Q. Where were you born and where do you live now?
Born in Canberra, but have lived in Sydney most of my life. Canberra still is the home of the greatest rugby league team in the world...

Q. What do you do for a living?
I'm working as a junior form analyst at the moment, learning the ropes of form analysis. Planning on going to uni to do sports journalism next year, but hoping to still keep a minor role with my current employees.

Q. How did you find the thoroughbredvillage? 
Probably not the best way, I was a member at 121s.com when a few members there decided to come over here (led by Igloo, better known here among many other things as Ormond). Have enjoyed it ever since, great group of people here (well, mostly, everyone knows who I have my issues with).

Q. What got you into horse racing?   
To be honest, I don't come from a racing family like most punters do (although my Dad was at Flemington the year Big Philou was scratched). For the first couple of years, I was only interested at Cup time (my first ever bet was a win on Might and Power). That grew into an interest at spring carnival time. When my mum married my stepdad, who was a punter, this seasonal interest became a year round passion. He has since bought Stella Command and Prince of Prague, and we are both in the unnamed Testa Rossa x Enfield Waratah filly.

Q. Best horses you have seen to date?
Might and Power holds a special place in my heart, and I loved Sunline. I think Makybe Diva was something special, and more recently I think I saw a freak in Amelia's Dream. From before my time, I reckon that Kingston Town was the best.

Q. What other sports do you enjoy? Who do you follow?
Although I now work Saturdays, I played cricket for a long time. As a Sydneysider, love my rugby league, and have been a lifelong supporter of the Canberra Raiders. In AFL, support the Sydney Swans. I like soccer, ironically I followed the EPL religiously from when I was 7 until I was 12, and I was the maddest Chelsea supporter. But I lost the passion along the way, and while I still follow them, not as full on as I used to be. Don't mind tennis either.

Q. The Raiders have asked you to select two players for next season, who do you suggest they buy and why? 
Tough one, probably need some big name players seeing as they have been relying on their juniors coming through, the likes of Campese, Learoyd-Lahrs, Tongue (who has been there ages now), etc. They need a reformation like the Bulldogs had this year. I'd like to see them go for Tuqiri, get him up on the wing. Give him a perfect base to set up after being sacked by the Wallabies. Second, I was going to say Greg Inglis, but not after his off-field performance this weekend. Jamie Soward has been a machine this year, and he would complement Campese. They would be a great halfback/five-eighth combo.

Q. Any sporting talents we should al know about? 
Not really, however I did win the long jump in primary school after all other five competitors fouled.

Q. Which woman would you love to have as Mrs Andynr123?
Jennifer Hawkins, beautiful and she already shares my last name Tongue

Q. Whats your favourite food and drink? 
Food would be either a good piece of chocolate mud cake or a dish from Singapore called Chicken Murtabak. Drink - beer (don't care which brand, probably like it strong like VB) or red wine. Family friends helped to establish the Brokenwood winery in the Hunter Valley so have been taught to appreciate good wine LOL

Q. Ultimate sporting destination and why?
Too many to choose from, want to get to the Kentucky Derby, Aintree Grand National and Royal Ascot, want to see an Ashes test at Lords, want to see an FA Cup Final at Wembley, want to go to the Superbowl...
I'm going to say the Kentucky Derby, because I reckon that the atmosphere would be unbelievable. Just like Flemington on Cup Day.

Q. You win the Pick 6 and collect $750,000, what do you do with it?
Buy 20% share in 20 emerging stayers, try and get a Melbourne Cup victory. That's my one ultimate goal in life - seriously. Probably why I wanted to believe Pazman.

Q. Fav book, movie and CD?
Book - Angels and Demons
Movie - Apollo 13
CD - I can't tell, I hardly listen to CDs anymore thanks to the iPod

Q. Best advice you have been given?
"Don't let the unknown prevent you achieving all you deserve"

Q. Which male and female would you love to meet and why? 
Male - Sheik Mohammed, I would want to try and find out a bit more about his racing operation...if only I had the money and the know-how, I would follow in his steps
Female - Jen Hawkins, see above

Q. What would you do with your last $50? 
Have a punt on the races (preferably the Melbourne Cup)

Q. What country would you like to visit and why? 
It would have been the US, but I have been there now. I have always wanted to see Dubai, so I'll say the United Arab Emirates. 

Ok time for word association, what comes to mind:-

Brad Clyde-grand final winning Raiders team (why can't we have more men like him? or Meninga? Stuart? Daley? the list goes on and on)
Golf-crap player (i.e me)
Leyton Hewitt- come on!
Scared of?- the Star Trek salute, I think it is called the Vulcan salute...makes me cringe and shudder every time (no joke)
Makes me laugh-Ormond
Summer-best sport
Legend-Bart Cummings

Andy, thanks for your time and thank you for being interviewed, it has been fun. Good Luck at Uni next year with the journalism. Maybe you can take over this interview caper for me!

Cheers Mate!
2007 JASBTC Champion,2008 JASBTC Runner-Up. NSW Surge-Aussie LFL Champions 2013/14
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 6:41am
You've made me shudder already with that Vulcan Salute....haha!!
Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 6:51am
I think you may have ran into me at North Rocks TAB - the one in the bunker besides the carpark in Westfield. Spent six months there and the owners of the place were so lazy. Good to see that you are getting out of that hell hole of a suburb.
Dichez View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dichez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 8:34am
So your real name is Andy Jenifer  Wink,,,,,,,,, good on you Andy.... and Kanga Mick it was a good read
Being punctual means you spend most of your life waiting for others
andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 3:49pm
Haha nah sub her first name with her last name...and yeah Pazman, I know the one in the bunker. Last time I was at that Westfield, about a year ago, they had scrubbed the TAB.
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 5:22pm
great stuff people

i think kanga would be jealous of your job. he spent years trying to get in as a form analyst

good luck andy, good to see you got your plan together.
"it's not gambling if you're absolutely sure you're gonna win" Barney Stinson
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 3:18am
Best of luck with what should be a great future for you Andyetc.  Thumbs Up
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
scoot View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 4:40am
i know a guy standing on the stage from the 05 grand final. great guy.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 7:02am
Good stuff guys. I hope you get your cup winner Andy.
andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 6:34pm
I hope so :)

I want to change from Jennifer Hawkins, I have found a more suitable replacement in FRANCESCA CUMANI...haha
KangaMick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 10:31pm
HERE YOU GO THEN

2007 JASBTC Champion,2008 JASBTC Runner-Up. NSW Surge-Aussie LFL Champions 2013/14
Slim Pickens View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2009 at 12:05am
Hey i'm a huge fan of Francesca but c'mon, how can you possibly compare Miss World to Miss Horse poo! Jen is in a class of her own! Stick to your original thoughts AndyWink  
Who says i'm dumb?
andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2009 at 6:18am
I dunno, there is something about Francesca, I don't know what it is...but she's won me over fully. If only I was older and more attractive...haha.

COME ON MY RAIDERS!!! Only have to hold on for 15 mins.
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2009 at 6:48am
Good stuff Andy and well done Kanga!
Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + Lady Vega
straight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2009 at 7:06am
Originally posted by andynr123 andynr123 wrote:

I dunno, there is something about Francesca, I don't know what it is...but she's won me over fully. If only I was older and more attractive...haha.

COME ON MY RAIDERS!!! Only have to hold on for 15 mins.
you must be young if you dont know what it is Wink
u dont have to b dead to b stiff
Slim Pickens View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2009 at 7:19am
I don't think it's that Straight, i think it might have more to do with the father and racehorsesWink
Who says i'm dumb?
andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2009 at 7:24am
Haha, nah not really.

It's neither...there's something alluring about her (although yes, she is very attractive and very rich).
bern_borough View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bern_borough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 3:30am
Rosscoe, your Avatar gives me the creeps, it's pretty sick.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic