Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Member Interviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Get to know- NASH RAWILLER

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get to know- NASH RAWILLER
    Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 2:18am

This week we get to know one of Sydney's Top jockeys NASH RAWILLER. Nash has been in excellent form in September winning 9 Sydney metro races aboard such horses as More Joyous, Lucky Secret, Princess Quality and More Than Great. Some of those trainers have been G.Waterhouse, G.Ryan, C.Waller and D.Payne. 

Feel free to leave a comment or two as Nash will be getting this link in a few days.

This is what Nash had to say:- 

Q. Where were you born, where did you grow up and where do you live now? 
Castlemaine December 1974. Moved to Bendigo aged 5 now living in Kensington, Sydney.

Q. As a young fella what was your fav subject in school, and what did you want to be when you got older?
Wood work and electronics wanted to do a trade, maybe electrician.

Q. Were you and Brad competitive growing up (much blood spilt),and who used to win the backyard cricket?
Always very competitive kids Todd was a fast bowler and Brad thought he was Don Bradman.

Q. When did you realise you wanted to be a jockey?
About age 11

Q. You started your career in Victoria were you have had great success with Tony Noonan (79 wins at 21% strike rate) and Brian Mayfield-Smith (62 wins at 30%). How much of a help have they both been in your career?
Tony Noonan had a huge influence on my career in many ways and brian gave me some tremendous oppotunites.

Q. You rode your first Group 1 in the 2002 Salinger Stakes aboard Rubitano for Brian. How did you feel going into the race, where you confident and what was the feeling like as you crossed the winning line?
Bulta in 1998 S A Derby was my first G1 win it was 80/1 trained by Tim White. Rubitano is as good a sprinter i have rode. I was very confident that day. (That will teach me for doing my research on dodgey web sites!)

Q. You rode Elvstroem for 6 wins, and 4 of these were Group 1's. Which win stands out as your favourite and why?  
Very hard to split the Caulfield Cup and Dubai Duty Free. Both wins meant the world to me

Q. You moved from VIC to NSW to be the stable jockey for Gai Waterhouse (77 wins at 30%). How did you feel moving to a new state and riding for one of the countries biggest trainers?
Thrilled and excited about the new challenge ahead.

Q. You have been lucky to ride in Australia,France,Hong Kong,Italy,UAE and UK. Which country was the most competitve and why?
Australia is as tough as anywhere but really enjoyed all my travel. Its tremendous experience.

Q. You have ridden many great horses in your career like Theseo,Elvstroem,Bel Esprit,Tuesday Joy,Rubitano,Typhoon Zed, Bently Biscuit. Which horse do you have a soft spot for and why?
Elvstroem put me on the map and had champion qualities.

Q. Which horse should we be keeping an eye on in the near future? 
More joyous

Q. If you could be on ANY horse this season who would it be any why?
El Segundo, think he will peak cox plate day.

Q. Which jockey do you admire the most?
Have to admire Steve Arnold. 

Q. Aside from horse racing, what other sports do you follow,and which teams do you support?                                                                                                                                                   Richmond and Melbourne Storm

Q. If you were having a BBQ and could invite any 3 famous people, who would it be and why?
Sam Keckovitch could bring the meat, Jamie Oliver could cook and Johnny Walker could bring some blue lable.

Q. You've just won the Melbourne Cup and it's time to take the family on an all expenses paid hliday, where would you go?
Anywhere warm with good Fishing good golf course’s  good friends.  Maybe Greek Islands.

Q. Who would you like to swap lives with for 6 months and why?
It would be great fun trying to put a dint in John Singletons fortune for six months.

Ok, now time for some quick answers:

Fav Food- Mud Crab
Gai Waterhouse- Genious
Funniest Jockey- Shane moses
Fav Race Track-      Randwick
The new whip rules- Better Now
2004 Caulfield Cup- Yippee (elvis)
Golf Handicap- 25
Being a Dad- Lucky to have two beautiful kids.
You have 24 hours to live- try and make another

Nash, cheers for the interview mate, and best of luck for the season ahead mate!!
2007 JASBTC Champion,2008 JASBTC Runner-Up. NSW Surge-Aussie LFL Champions 2013/14
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 2:45am
Great interview Kanga.

Love the question about his first G1 winner. I wouldn't have known it LOL
Crash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 2:47am
Great stuff Kanga Thumbs Up Best rider in Sydney
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 3:00am
Great inteviews these. Always interesting to find out some of these details from the hoops themselves.
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 4:12am
 Thumbs UpThumbs Up
Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + Lady Vega
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 4:20am
definately my fav jock to put the cash on. always miss him on the jock challenge though

many good rides there and i am sure plenty more to come.

interesting comment about el segundo. might be onto something there
"it's not gambling if you're absolutely sure you're gonna win" Barney Stinson
Harry T View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 4:31am
Now, if you asked him about his best jockey manager it would have been interesting!
Strive to be happy
Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 5:03am
Try and make another!

Who would have thought that Nash had a SOH!
KangaMick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 5:25am
Sorry Harry T, I forgot to ask him that question
2007 JASBTC Champion,2008 JASBTC Runner-Up. NSW Surge-Aussie LFL Champions 2013/14
Harry T View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 5:37am
I suspect he would be very supportive of Tajodds!Wink
Strive to be happy
Relampago View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Relampago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 9:06pm
Cant believe you posted of the storm over richmond....LOL
Daintree Duke Fan Club President!!! RIP!!!

Melbourne Autumn Tipping Champion 2009!
Melbourne Spring Tipping Champion 2009!
Ormond View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ormond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 9:13pm
Another great interview Kanga Thumbs Up
vontastic View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vontastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2009 at 12:22am
_popupControl(); great readClap
Diesel View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2009 at 12:24am
Good Reading Kanga, kepp up the good workThumbs Up
KangaMick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 1:41am
Well Done Nash.
Group One win on More Joyous todayClap 
Benhro View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benhro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 4:19am
It's NOT BAD to back BRAD, But if you want the CASH ya better BACK NASH!
travo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 5:42pm
Nash is one of the top jocks, and his ride on Gold Trail - a beauty.  He always gives his ride a big go.
It's only a rort if you're not in it.......
OLAH View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OLAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 7:07pm
Nice interveiw. i would like to say to Nash that his ride on More Joyous saturday was one of the BEST RIDES i have seen in a very long time!!!! gee it was good. very clinical and a pleasure to watch. (even if shes got plenty on themWink)
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 12:08pm
Did anyone see Nash tweet this the other day?
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 3:35pm
No, interesting, give me the details?
Mayor
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 4:25pm

@That_Jeff_Guy hi Jeff that interview three or more years old

Hide conversation 
  •  Retweet 
  •  Favorite 
  • < ="" ="btn- with-icn dropdown-toggle" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 8px; border: 0px; padding: 0px; cursor: pointer; border-top-left-radius: 0px; border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px; -webkit--shadow: none; -shadow: none; color: rgb0, 132, 180;"> More
6:31 AM - 21 May 13 · Details
< ="tweet- condensed" method="post" target="tweet-post-" ="https://upload.twitter.com/i/tweet/create_with_media." enc="multipart/-" style="font-size: 12px; margin-bottom: 0px;">
Image will appear as a link
  • @nashhot I'd like to fast forward to the present but you've got to be so careful these days #keeponkeepingon

• @nashhot @That_Jeff_Guy can't believe that you remember what you said four years ago lol

• @nashhot: @That_Jeff_Guy hi Jeff that interview three or more years old” for the record!

KangaMick View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 8:45am
    Hahaha I'm still getting credit!!
     Post Reply Post Reply
      Share Topic