Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Member Interviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Get to know- LOGAN MCGILL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get to know- LOGAN MCGILL
    Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 7:07am
Hi All.  I am still going to be interviewing forum memebers however I thought it was now time to get out there and interview the people that belong to the Industry that we all love.

So this week I was able to get in touch with one of Melbourne's start young up and coming apprentices in Logan McGill.  We all know the current hardships that he is dealing with and I am sure I speak for everyone at the 'Thoroughbred Village' in saying we all wish him a very speedy recovery and look forward to seeing him back in the Winners cirlce very soon.

This is what Logan had to say-

Q. Where were you born and where do you live now?
Born in pakenham and now live in mornington

Q.What did you want to be when you were a young fella?
Have always wanted to be a jockey

Q. What got you into the racing Industry?
My family

Q. Who is the best jockey you have ridden against and why?
Damien Oliver is the best of the best I think but I am also a huge fan of Hugh  Bowman

Q. Who is the best horse you have ridden to date and why?
Secret Flyer is very smart or Gold Salute will hopefully find his potential this preperation

Q. Which horse would you love to be on this season and why?
Tough question probaly have to stick with Secret Flyer or Gold Salute

Q. What is the best and the worst thing about being a jockey?
 The best is winning and it is a great lifestyle when everything is going good. Worst is all the traveling and waisting.

Q. What has been your biggest thrill in racing to date? 
Probaly winning on Secret Flyer down the straight

Q. Which jockeys/trainers have been a big help to you in your career?
My boss Mark Riley and jockeys Chris Symons and Billy Hernan

Q. What other sports do you follow and which teams do you suport? 
Nothing really I am pretty much addicted to racing

Q. If you weren't a jockey, what would be your ultimate job?
Trainer or Bloodstock Agent

Q. What would you do if you won $1 million?
Pay off my house then travel for a while

Q. 20th Century Fox have asked you to star in thier new romantic comedy, who will be your female co-star?
Elisha Cuthbert( from girl next door)

Q. If you could invite any 3 people to a sunday bbq, who would it be any why?
Hamish and Andy because they are hilarious and maybe Jennifer Hawkins for obvious reasons

Ok now time for a few quick answers-
Fav Movie-the hangover
Fav Book/Mag-zoo      
Fav Music-rnd pop anything catchy
Fav TV Show-how i met your mother family guy
Fav Food-pasta
Fav Drink-red bull and v

Thanks Logan for taking part in our first Jockey Interview. Can't wait to see you booting home the winners real soon.

Good Luck.Clap

2007 JASBTC Champion,2008 JASBTC Runner-Up. NSW Surge-Aussie LFL Champions 2013/14
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Charliehorse View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charliehorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 7:56am
Lets hope he gets better and is back on board Secret Flyer for some good wins this spring! Thanks Kanga.
dan moor = gun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan moor = gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 7:57am
onya mick

Blake View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 7:58am
never short of a word young logan Tongue

very nice job mick and agree with charlos, lets hope logan gets back soon, seems like a good kid.Thumbs Up
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 8:12am
good to see the kid still has some brains about him.

and elisha cuthbert, excellent choice

good stuff kanga
"it's not gambling if you're absolutely sure you're gonna win" Barney Stinson
Tommo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 3:07pm

Great stuff guys and brilliant idea Mick!

andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 4:43pm
Fantastic interview, look forward to seeing how the others go.

And will Logan see your interview?
KangaMick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 4:46pm
Yes I am sending him the link today, so I am sure he will get a bit of a 'pick me up' from all the great comments from eveyone.

And good to see everyone is so positive in the feedback as I can now use this link to send to future jockeys/trainers to show them what we do.

2007 JASBTC Champion,2008 JASBTC Runner-Up. NSW Surge-Aussie LFL Champions 2013/14
Peter B View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 5:00pm
Great stuff Mick, look foward to seeing Logan back in the saddle soonThumbs Up

agree with Questions, Excellent chioce Cuthbert!!!
Dichez View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dichez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 6:55pm
Great interview mick............ just a suggestion and I know youre our ideas man........ but could your interviews be put in its own Topic or section  say " Get to Know" or  something like " Say Hello to ..... "
Being punctual means you spend most of your life waiting for others
Tommo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Dichez Dichez wrote:

Great interview mick............ just a suggestion and I know youre our ideas man........ but could your interviews be put in its own Topic or section  say " Get to Know" or  something like " Say Hello to ..... "
Good idea Dichez, I reckon the 'racing personalities' interviews should still be posted into this section but when they have run there course a moderator could move the threads to a dedicated section (may need to replace and rename an existing section, perhaps a poorly subscribed section) so they don't get lost forever and we can easily access all the interviews of racing personalities in the future.  It would be a shame to lose Kangamicks great work after a thread has run its course.
Ormond View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ormond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 8:06pm
Well done Mick....Agree with other posters to put this in a locked thread or one that doesn't just disappear
andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 8:08pm
Mate, you should work for a racing site. Your interviews are better than the current ones by Racenet, a million times better than the Virtual Form Guide which has really decayed in recent years.
musha View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 8:20pm
Great stuff Mick.
Elisha Cuthbert Clap the lad still definately has his wits about him! haha
KangaMick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 9:48pm
Just got an email from Logan. This is what he said:-

"just had a look, love what you did with it, brilliant thanks alot mate good job!!!
logan
".

So hopefully this positive feedback will be the start of what should be very informative and a bit of fun.

straight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 12:07am
Looks like its cheered him up
u dont have to b dead to b stiff
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 1:43am
Great idea K.M. l'm, having trouble keeping up, your're churning them out too thick and fast to reply to for me, but they're a great read !
wizzbong View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizzbong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 2:57am
Great stuff Mick,fav music rnd is that a new style or did logan mean rnbTongue
UUMMM i dont know!!!!
reldas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reldas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 12:22am
Great stuff as always Kanga, agree re the specific section for these interviews, keep up good work.
DiamondsAtDusk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiamondsAtDusk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 6:51am
Originally posted by KangaMick KangaMick wrote:

Q. Who is the best horse you have ridden to date and why?
Secret Flyer is very smart or Gold Salute will hopefully find his potential this preperation

Q. Which horse would you love to be on this season and why?
Tough question probaly have to stick with Secret Flyer or Gold Salute

Clap shame logan hasn't been on but i have followed the horse and very happy you interviewed him mick!!

We Started Nothing.
KangaMick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 4:59pm

Cheers Diamondsatdusk.

Always good to get a few good tips from the interviews.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic