Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Member Interviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Get to know - JOSEPH PRIDE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get to know - JOSEPH PRIDE
    Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 4:30am
Our first ever interview with a horse trainer is with non other than my favourite Warwick Farm trainer JOSEPH PRIDE.
Joe used to be the stable foreman for John Size, and then later went on to be a trainer in his own right. Based in Warwick Farm he has already had great success in a short period of time with horses such as Vision and Power, Hadaaf, Red Oog, Judged,Regal Cheer.
On a personal note I cheered the house down when Red Oog won the Cocorde Stakes in 2005. That was the win that got me walking past Loretta when we first met. So I guess I owe Joe a beer for that one. 
And what an amazing job he did with Vision and Power last season with victories in The Parramatta Cup, George Ryder and culminating in the Doncaster Hcp.

So this is what Joe had to say when I asked him a few questions-

Q. Where were you born and raised as a little fella and where do you live now?
Born in Queenbeyan, raised in New Zealand and Australia, 6 different suburbs and six different schools.  I now live in West Hoxton.

Q. What did you want to be as a young boy?
Corrupt Cop

Q. What was your first job?
Waterworks Slide Park

Q. What advice would you give to a 12 year old version of yourself?
Don't Bet odds on and be good to your mother

Q. What got you into the racing game?
Love of punting

Q. John Size has played a big part in your career, who else has been a big help in getting you where you are today? 
My wife Kylie, and my mum and dad.

Q. Who is the best horse you have seen and why?
Kingston Town (3 Cox Plates)

Q. What has been your biggest thrill so far in racing?
Winning the Doncaster with Vision and Power.  Time honoured race with so much history.

Q. The best and worst part of being a horse trainer?
No holidays

Q. Which horse should we follow from your stable this season?
Neeson

Q. Which horse currently racing would you love to have in your stable and why? 
Predatory Pricer, very exciting.

Q. Who do you look up to in racing?
John Size

Q.What other sports do you follow and what team do you support?
Rugby League, Union and Cricket.  I change teams often, more than Chris Walker

Q. What sporting event would you love to see live? 
Really can't beat my lounge Chair at home.  I'm not really big on crowds and queues.

Now for a few quick short ones:-

Fav Movie- Planet of the Apes/Omega Man
Fav Book- Haven't found it yet
What would you do with your last $100- Angus Steak with Bernaise sauce and a couple of Jack Daniels
Sports Idol-  Waiting for one to emerge, was Steve Waugh
Last time you laughed so hard it hurt- my kids do it to me regularly
Fav food and drink- Angus Steak with Bernaise Sauce and Jack Daniels and Coke
Who would be your female co-star in a movie- Scarlett Johansson

I would also like to say a big thank you to Joe's wife Kylie who was very helpful in the interview process. Now we can also sit back and wait to see Neeson in action!!

Cheers Joe, thanks for the interviewClap

2007 JASBTC Champion,2008 JASBTC Runner-Up. NSW Surge-Aussie LFL Champions 2013/14
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Maximillions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maximillions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 4:33am
Joe Baby
Forget the odds.....You are Unstoppable !
Charliehorse View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charliehorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 4:40am
Good luck to him with Vision and Power... in the cox plate!
Slim Pickens View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 4:51am
So instead of being a corrupt cop you became a corrupt horse trainer?Wink

Only kidding, any man who's favourite drink is Jack Daniels, has got to be ok in my book.Thumbs Up

ps well he couldn't really look up to any jockeys could he? Big smile
Who says i'm dumb?
vontastic View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vontastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 5:28am
_popupControl(); Clapwell done Kanga
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 6:05am
nice work pridey.

always has been good to the crowd and getting the results he deserves

you to kanga
"it's not gambling if you're absolutely sure you're gonna win" Barney Stinson
kiwi88 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 6:32am
haha love the pictures kanga.
Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 10:35am
Arguably this bloke has the worst hair cut in racing. 
MannyG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MannyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 11:54am
Any man who enjoys an Angus Steak with a few JD's is a very smart man (along with the fact he has trained Vision and Power from a welter horse to the Doncaster winner). Also Pazman, arguably you might be the worst poster this forum has ever seen.

Keep up the good work, both Kanga and Joe!
lookout View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lookout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 10:22pm
thank you kanga ,these articles are first rate ClapClapClap
JJ
reldas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reldas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 10:38pm
Another good one Kanga fantastic jobStar
Success demands singleness of purpose
Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2009 at 1:22am
JP is getting some decent support from prominent owners with his talents recognised. On the up as a trainer.

Edited by VSP. - 31 Aug 2009 at 12:27am
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 12:31am
Best of luck to Joe for the spring carnival and a big thank you for participating in Thoroughbred Village Clap
Great job Kanga, keep up the good work.
andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 1:35am
Yes Kanga, very good interview. And good luck for the spring carnival Joe!
Mr Prospector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Prospector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 2:27am

Thumbs Up Good interview Kangamick and good luck to the Pride stable for the season .

Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 7:02am
Great interview and Nick loved the fotos.
Viktor View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 1:32am
hi everybody.... this is Viktor Cley from USA. Just I have joined this forum and I want to say hello everybody on this forum. I glad to join such a nice site.
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 2:22am
Great to have you with us mate.  Star
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
Daytoncol View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daytoncol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 1:27am
Greetings........My self Dayton Col, I'm 26 years old person. I am working as seo analyst in affiliate marketing field. I would feel pleasure to join this site.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic