Please visit VillageBet for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Harness Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Geelong Rocket

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ormond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Geelong Rocket
    Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 11:04am
Race 7 SEW-EURODRIVE GEELONG ROCKET 9:30 PM Print this race
M0 Or Better. * Manual Field Selection. * The winner of this race will be exempt from ballot for the $50, 000 Caravan Industry Vic. Legends to be run at Tabcorp Park Melton, November 5. PBD/M. Prizemoney: $20,000
1609 METRES 2ND LEG DAILY DOUBLE, 4TH LEG QUADDIE MOBILE START
  Form Horse Trainer Other Eng. Driver   Class  Hcp
1 7s111 EM MAGUANE Add to Blackbook G F Webster Emmett Brosnan (C) C9 M1  FR1
2 31225 BENNY MAC NZ Add to Blackbook A L Peacock Damian Wilson C13 M4  FR2
3 0087s MISTER SWINGER Add to Blackbook G F Webster Geoff Webster C11 M6  FR3
4 47280 TI VOGLIOBENE Add to Blackbook G R Norman Brian Gath C14 M7  FR4
5 85486 BOLD CRUISER NZ Add to Blackbook G F Douglas Daryl Douglas C17 M12  FR5
6 24063 MELPARK MAJOR Add to Blackbook A R Tubbs Amy Tubbs C17 M12  FR6
7 1s111 SMOKEN UP NZ Add to Blackbook L J Justice Lance Justice C30 M25  FR7
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Ormond View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ormond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 12:59pm
Smoken Up for me,Melpark Major not going good enuff imo
MJay91 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJay91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 11:20am

benny mac can go close but hard to see him winning

The only time a horse should kick, is at the 400.
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 7:26pm
If I was the owner of Melpark major I'd be taking ti straight out of the yard of the slaughtermerchant Amy Tubbs and giving it to Peacock, Braun, Lilley, Douglas or even Justice. Just take a look at the strike rate of these blokes compared to Amy. It beggars belief that he's still there!!
Grinnersawinner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 8:48pm

And if you were the owner (ex-trainer) you would be sooo happy with the job the Tubbs have done with the horse. Two injuries in quick succession doesnt help. You do realise he was going so well he sat 3wide outside Smoken Up(death) at Kilmore, should have won a Miracle Mile (yes half Amys fault) and broke the MV record when winning the Vic Cup before he got injured? Was a dead cert for the Inter that year.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 8:21am
Yep and he won a Vic cup as well!! Smoken Up wasn't going half as good when he beat him at Kilmore though but let's face it, Amy Doesn't have the record of the above-mentioned trainers and Melpark isn't going well at all, he's now a 7yo, make the change before it's too late!!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Pardon_My_Dust Pardon_My_Dust wrote:

Yep and he won a Vic cup as well!! I already said this. Smoken Up wasn't going half as good when he beat him at Kilmore though but let's face it, Smoken Up was still considered Vics best. Had won a Len Smith (still the biggest race he's won and ran 1.54.8 the start before and was one of the favourites for the Miracle Mile. Amy Doesn't have the record of the above-mentioned trainers Good thing her father Alan is the trainerand Melpark isn't going well at all well der, he has been injured for the better part of 2years, he's now a 7yo, make the change before it's too late!! 
When he first came back this year the Tubbs made no secret he was a few runs short. The big races are still a fair while away (apart from the Miracle Mile) so no use having him at his best now.
MJay91 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJay91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 3:12pm

she hasnt got the half the talent a kerryn manning has

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by MJay91 MJay91 wrote:

she hasnt got a quarter the oppurtunities either.
Ormond View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ormond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 4:59pm
MJay91   Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Grinnersawinner Grinnersawinner wrote:

Originally posted by MJay91 MJay91 wrote:

she hasnt got a quarter the oppurtunities either.

There's a reason for that.

And for the record, Smoken Up WAS NOT considered the best in Aus when Melpark beat him at Kilmore. You are making stuff up there. As for the rest, you're entitled to your opinion.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 9:55pm

Reason being her dad isnt Peter Manning and her ex isnt Andy Gath. Im not trying to say Amy is better but geeze anyone would think Amy was a mug the way you guys are talking.

Where did I say Smoken Up was considered the best in Aust? He has never held that mantle.
First four posts in that forum are from prior to that Popular Alm sprint. General consensus there is Smoken Up was in the upper rung horses for the Miracle Mile that year. Which is what I said to start with.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 7:44am
Amy is a mug driver and an average trainer. Any person that had a say in those driving tactics for the Miracle Mile doesn't deserve to have their hands on a horse like Melpark. Like I said, they are mad not to take the horse to a decent trainer with a proper strike rate. I'll stand by that comment any day of the week mate!!Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 10:37am
Done a search of Tubbs on on harness.org fields only other horse he has racing in the next 5 days is House of Khan.  30starts for 1 3yo win last season. Tubbs gets it, first start C0 win, 2nd start C1 win.
I Am Sams owners rated the Tubbs when they gave him to them for a while last season.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Grinnersawinner Grinnersawinner wrote:

Done a search of Tubbs on on harness.org fields only other horse he has racing in the next 5 days is House of Khan.  30starts for 1 3yo win last season. Tubbs gets it, first start C0 win, 2nd start C1 win.
I Am Sams owners rated the Tubbs when they gave him to them for a while last season.

Funny that. I Am Sam wasn't half the horse we was once he got to their stable.LOL
MJay91 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJay91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 11:27pm
kerryn Manning may be "well related" but she is a damn good horse women, one of the best and has probably forgotten more than tubby knows.

on a better note il take 5 bucks the place benny mac, disappointed in the exacta payout, maybe i wacked the pool? cheers cu*ts
Shakamaker View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakamaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 11:39pm
Exacta paid $9.70 NSW meaning you got $9.70 Benny Mac to run 2nd, not a bad div imo
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Shakamaker Shakamaker wrote:

Exacta paid $9.70 NSW meaning you got $9.70 Benny Mac to run 2nd, not a bad div imo

I took the trifecta but I had field for third so watched in dismay as MM flashed home. A promising run too from Melpark, lets see if the Tubbs' can make me eat my words though I wont hold my breath and nothing will ever take away the miracle mile blunder.Evil Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 12:19pm

Hear hear. Good price for the exacta considering Benny Mac paid $3.10 the place.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 5:23pm
How did those words taste?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 7:29am
Pffft, JUstice gave it to her on a platter, would be surprised if he didn't have his own on MM. BTW they were very sour, had field in the first leg of the quad ($70 first leg winner) going into Smoken standard. Of course the only time I back Smoken Up it gets beat! Justice drive to just let MMC walk to the front in the Cup was just as bad fair dinkum last time I risk my hard earned on him.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakamaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 10:44am

Justice had no alternative on OM, he was just unfortunate nothing came around and took on MMC.

Very poor Kilmore Cup imo, no longer do the greats take it on, used to be a great race years ago on a Monday afternoon
Ormond View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ormond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 11:03am

Very poor Kilmore Cup???? " Make Mine Cullen creates History" First Mare to win Kilmore Cup.....36 starts: 23 Wins 7 placing's=Champion Mare in my book

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Ormond Ormond wrote:

Very poor Kilmore Cup???? " Make Mine Cullen creates History" First Mare to win Kilmore Cup.....36 starts: 23 Wins 7 placing's=Champion Mare in my book

Mate my yiayia would have won with a run out in front like that. 33 second second half gimme a break. All it needed was for one runner to go up and put it MMC and Our Malabar would have gone stright past her. Joke of a cup and joke of a sprint.
Ormond View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ormond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 12:25pm
PMD are you from QLD LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakamaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 2:25pm

First mare to win it, I repeat, very poor Kilmore Cup.

If MMC makes the final of the Inter i'll eat it
Ormond View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ormond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 2:31pm

She's not going to Interdom LOL..There's alway's someone that doesn't know,this time it's Shakamaker
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 2:43pm
So lets get this straight. Our Malabar won the Inter consolation.

Has the cheap seat behind MMC yesterday but cant run her down. Therefore MMC>>>Our Malabar. That would mean MMC >>> Inter Consolation winner. So if you are above the Inter consolation winner would that not infer you are Inter Final worthy?
And it isnt too long ago someone on this forum said they wouldnt be surprised if Our Malabar equalled up to Smoken Up or words to that effect. In fact I think it was PMD.
PMD also said Our Malabar cant do it tough, needs a sit sprint (after the race when PMD did his money) So what did he have yesterday? And Benny Mac still made montys of ground on him.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakamaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 2:49pm

She's not going to Interdom LOL..There's alway's someone that doesn't know,this time it's Shakamaker

Where did I say she's going to the Inter? All I said was i'll eat her if she makes the final, obviously i'll need to look elsewhere for my next feed LOLLOLLOL
Blaster View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 4:53pm
Today's Rocket:

R4-H1 Overthorns
He's Not Heavy,It's My Brother
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic