Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Oscar/ Grammy Awards

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oscar/ Grammy Awards
    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 7:27pm
Just trying to answer macca's call for something to talk about here.
The Grammies were bloody awful. Billie Eilish?

And the Academy Awards - the Joker guy spent his alotted time not thanking anybody, and going off about race/ gender/ species equality, including some thing about cows being ripped from their mothers to make milk for our coffees? Maybe he was taking the pizz?

Edited by Gay3 - 10 Feb 2020 at 8:20pm
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 7:31pm
More interesting threads are great.  And some of us may be interested in the Oscars.

However the immediate thrust of this thread appears simply an avenue for people to express their conservative negativity, and is thus a hot favorite to join the Sad Threads.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 7:40pm
Can you say that in english?
Let's see if anyone is interested. Of course you and PT (and soon whale) will have changed the topic, so probably no chance of any one having a friendly chat.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 7:51pm
Here's a great idea Stayer: why not start a thread titled "What did you think about the Oscars presentation" instead of simply  boring us with your own opinion.

Your approach is akin to a teacher, which you claim to be, making his or her your own claim about a particular subject rather than raising the subject in a non-judgemental sense and then asking for student opinion and input.

The latter course of action is called Education and Teaching 101.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 7:56pm
Yes thanks for the advice, SC. I thought about doing that. Is there a chance to bring some civility to this forum? Just trying to help macca. You're probably helping him already.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 8:03pm
Let's try it again then, SC, What are people's opinions about the Oscars/ Grammies? You already know mine.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 8:15pm
your opinion stayer is just a dig at a young singer and a middle aged actor. You haven't said anything about the awards.

aside from that the academy has really taken a step in a different direction with best film - never heard of the parasite but I better check it out now. Maybe it's little more than a token gesture and they will get back to self importance next year
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 8:19pm
Saw Parasite months ago, quite good, best film ?

Maybe trying to get some diversity in there.
Was The Irishman nominated, it was better than that ?

Grammy *
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

More interesting threads are great.  And some of us may be interested in the Oscars.

However the immediate thrust of this thread appears simply an avenue for people to express their conservative negativity, and is thus a hot favorite to join the Sad Threads.

Alexovics Hmmm GIF - Alexovics Hmmm GIFs
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 8:22pm
i saw the Irishman - it was good but no best picture winner
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Let's try it again then, SC, What are people's opinions about the Oscars/ Grammies? You already know mine.

Never watch them, Bob's threads are more interesting Confused
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 8:24pm
I mean Parasite was better than The Irishman which was way overrated IMO

that's 4 posts, nobody can say I don't pitch in Smile
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 8:31pm
Good for you, whale!
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

your opinion stayer is just a dig at a young singer and a middle aged actor. You haven't said anything about the awards.

aside from that the academy has really taken a step in a different direction with best film - never heard of the parasite but I better check it out now. Maybe it's little more than a token gesture and they will get back to self importance next year

Never heard of the parasite either. Not sure what the ages of the singere/ actors have to do with anything?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Saw Parasite months ago, quite good, best film ?

Maybe trying to get some diversity in there.
Was The Irishman nominated, it was better than that ?

Grammy *

Nominated for 10 including best movie
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 8:55pm
I can already tell you about next years nominees.

1. A movie about a white admiral, general or conqueror, which is considered a hero, but who slaughtered thousands.

2. A political thriller about some mafia influence on US politics, oh wait a minute that was nominated this year, no matter the academy will fall over themselves with De Niro doing is only acting thing, and playing a gangster type who is the most miserable person in the movie.

3. A biographical (if it truly is) of one of Hollywoods greats, lets see oh I know Kirk Douglas just passed away so he it is a sure bet a movie is in the pipeline with his son as producer.

4. A remake of a movie which was overhyped when it was originally done, okay Little Women had that slot this year, but there is one virtually every year.

5. They will throw a movie in there that is either a foreign film or directed by a foreigner, as the token non-white anglo saxon.

6. A movie based on a real life criminal event, with the best actress winner coming from this movie.

No white directors nominated. oops sorry that should be no black directors nominated.

No independent movie, no matter how good, nominated as we have seen Hollywood go through their antiestablishment phase, just all big studios and Netflix from now on.

And two 30 to 50 year old, white, winners of the best actor and best actress award.

There you go I have just saved you 3 hours of watching next years awards.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 9:13pm
That's more like it.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 9:34pm

Never watch them, Bob's threads are more interesting Confused

I'm Kirk Douglas' son. !!!!!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 10:02pm
I didn't watch - no Ricky Gervais to move the sweethearts along so who would bother.Dead 

I did hear that the Best Movie Oscar went to PARASITE - the story of the Labor/Greens Political movement ... don't think I'll be watching that either ... Thumbs Down
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 11:08pm

Can you say that in english?
Let's see if anyone is interested. Of course you and PT (and soon whale) will have changed the topic, so probably no chance of any one having a friendly chat.

How about this from Dr E ? Of course we know your hero can say no wrong, like Trump Confused

I did hear that the Best Movie Oscar went to PARASITE - the story of the Labor/Greens Political movement ... don't think I'll be watching that either 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 12:01am
Great to see the call answered to jazz TBV up a bit . Grat stuff all.

After last night I appreciate how tough Doc does it on the night shift.

Good time to belt a few of these Hollywood corpses ,   They are more anti trump than PT .
One even married Harry to honour her promise to leave the Country if Donald Rode the winner.
   They have probably fallen in a heap like TBV , when The MIGHTY man shoved an im-peach up their clacker.

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 10:17am
Hey Stayer, your mates are really sticking to the fun theme of this thread and leaving out the politics LOL
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 11:07am
Love SC calling other,s posts negative LOLLOL

animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Love SC calling other,s posts negative LOLLOL

You leave SC alone .    She might be my last chance in life , given she is starting to recognise my qualities on the tip     ( AND don't tell anyone , my stand outs don't end there )
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 4:18pm
Dont pin your hopes on SC now JJ has sacked you , Macca .   Its my personal belief that SC is a bloke.  I wouldnt have picked you to be fancying a bloke ???Big smile
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Dont pin your hopes on SC now JJ has sacked you , Macca .   Its my personal belief that SC is a bloke.  I wouldnt have picked you to be fancying a bloke ???Big smile

NO No No --   Too pretty to be a bloke AA.      You haven't been reading God's letters.
SC was given to RFF in marriage many years ago .    JC was castigated along that line ----     You don't feed strawberries to pigs, so the story goes.
------------------
JJ sacked me ...???.     JJ and I were never an item.
She did once offer me a bed in the Bindies .   A suggestion I accepted, as where she wanted the pricking to be done.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 9:59am
Once again Rita Panahi, NewsCorp journalist, has got it right again, here is an excerpt of her opinion on the Academy Awards.

At Monday’s Academy Awards the celebrity class gave us more far Left preaching, empty virtue signalling and incoherent grandstanding. Indeed, the vacuous nonsense began on the red carpet with actor Natalie Portman showing off her Christian Dior Haute Couture cape embroidered with the names of eight female directors who were not nominated.

“I wanted to recognise the women who were not recognised for their incredible work this year,” Portman said. This brave bit of activism was applauded by much of the adoring media but derided by those blessed with a BS detector.

“Being a woke elitist is so weird. Her outfit is Dior, which was using sweatshop labour — mostly female migrants — as recently as 2018,” wrote Emily Zanotti.

“I wonder if this means her production company will finally produce a film with a female director,” tweeted Kate Sanchez highlighting Portman’s hypocrisy in only hiring male directors.

“The most effective way to tackle inequality is through the medium of haute couture,” mocked intersectional feminist and Twitter’s funniest parody account, Titania McGrath.

“Has every Hollywood actress lost her mind?” wrote philosopher Christina Hoff Sommers."

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob<b> Baghdad Bob wrote:

Once again
Rita Panahi, NewsCorp journalist, has got it right again, here is an excerpt of her opinion on the Academy Awards.

At Monday’s Academy Awards the celebrity class gave us more far Left preaching, empty virtue signalling and incoherent grandstanding. Indeed, the vacuous nonsense began on the red carpet with actor Natalie Portman showing off her Christian Dior Haute Couture cape embroidered with the names of eight female directors who were not nominated.

“I wanted to recognise the women who were not recognised for their incredible work this year,” Portman said. This brave bit of activism was applauded by much of the adoring media but derided by those blessed with a BS detector.

“Being a woke elitist is so weird. Her outfit is Dior, which was using sweatshop labour — mostly female migrants — as recently as 2018,” wrote Emily Zanotti.

“I wonder if this means her production company will finally produce a film with a female director,” tweeted Kate Sanchez highlighting Portman’s hypocrisy in only hiring male directors.

“The most effective way to tackle inequality is through the medium of haute couture,” mocked intersectional feminist and Twitter’s funniest parody account, Titania McGrath.

“Has every Hollywood actress lost her mind?” wrote philosopher Christina Hoff Sommers."

You love your Herald Sun, Panahi, Bolt are your gods, very low standards Confused

By the way it is not necessary to say again twice in one sentence Wink
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 10:37am
Following on the hypocrisy theme
Harvey Weinstein is obviously a bad bloke, but gee, he did launch a few actresses careers.
Why didnt they they say something sooner and spare future generations of actresses a lot of angst?
Hard to take seriously.....

Name and shame these "ladies" who had a help along.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 10:42am

Originally posted by Baghdad Bob<b> Baghdad Bob wrote:

Once again
Rita Panahi, NewsCorp journalist, has got it right again, here is an excerpt of her opinion on the Academy Awards.

You love your Herald Sun, Panahi, Bolt are your gods, very low standards Confused

By the way it is not necessary to say again twice in one sentence Wink

Whale, so do you disagree with Panahi ? If so Why ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>