Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

RECIPES - Event Date: 08 Feb 2020

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: RECIPES
    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 9:40pm
I just had the most beautiful salad .
    I went back to a dressing My Mum and Granma used to thrill us with, and so simple .
-----------------
     Half a teaspoon of Mustard Powder a bit less of salt ....
Mix well with about half a cup of condensed milk ( a bit less for one )
Add about the same of Vinegar ( apple cider i used )   Mix it up and put it in the freezer 15 minutes .
_-------------------
With the lettuce tasting magic ,   The boiled egg , Ham, Tomato Banana
and whatever else you fancy ......    DELICIOUS ......
------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's where the lovely ladies can enlighten us Hermits ,   into some easy 10 minute meals .... For one or two .
   I'm getting sick of the frozen ones from the supermarkets .( delivered )

AND PLEASE don't mention Donald Trump. PT ...      Your diet appreciated as Ive gained 7K in recent times.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 10:54am
Sounds nice Macca.   I hate cooking so cant help you . Sorry. 
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 11:42am
Probably my favourite & introduced to it by Mum who was a wonderful cook & an advocate of US chef Robert Carrier.

Ingredients for 2:
4 - 6 lamb kidneys
1 shallot/spring onion
10g butter 
100ml dry white wine
75ml double cream
2 tsp Dijon mustard 

Cut down the length between the lobes to separate it into two parts.
Turning each part over, cut down either side of the white fat and connective tissue and remove it completely.
Slice crossways up to .5cm thick. 
Peel and chop the shallots very finely. Heat a heavy-bottomed sauté pan until quite hot. Add a film of oil and then the unseasoned kidneys and sauté them on a very high heat, turning them from time to time until they are seared on every surface.
Tip the kidneys out of the pan into a colander or sieve so that they can drain. They are definitely best when kept quite pink.
Without cleaning the pan, melt half the butter in it and add the shallot and the thyme. Stew the shallot gently until soft and then add the wine. Reduce this by two-thirds and then add the cream.
Bring to a boil and simmer gently for a few moments until it reaches a good sauce consistency.
Whisk in the mustard before adding the drained kidneys, seasoning them well and reheating them without letting the sauce boil. Swirl in the remaining butter and then serve.

From start to finish it takes me 15mins max - I think LOL Cheap as chips too.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 12:00pm
Dont worry maxie, I wouldn't mention that bloke in here. KFC, Big Macs double chocolate cake with 2 scoops of ice-cream and Coca Cola are not in my diet anyway.

PS, my mum and grandmother used that same dressing recipe
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Dont worry maxie, I wouldn't mention that bloke in here. KFC, Big Macs double chocolate cake with 2 scoops of ice-cream and Coca Cola are not in my diet anyway.

PS, my mum and grandmother used that same dressing recipe

It was amazing how our past generations were the WINX of cooking .

Only had the old stoves, wood fed , small as my undies "bulge" and they were miracle's for their achievements in the kitchen.
Won them more hearts than the bedroom.

I've been buying the peppermint lollies , 25 packs at a time . Full of sugar .    I think that's where the weight has come from.

I might re start smoking to give up the peppermints.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 8:40pm
Good one gay3 ...   I'll give that a try .

Got a copy before my effort sees the sad threads Department.
   I'm surprised at the ladies for not showing their cooking skills.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 11:17am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Not at all, needs to be agenda driven, vicious, superfluous, already covered in other threads. This thread may be slow but is harmless and has potential to be interesting
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Not at all, needs to be agenda driven, vicious, superfluous, already covered in other threads. This thread may be slow but is harmless and has potential to be interesting

This is YOUR thread Whale!Big smile
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 12:32am
I'm down 1.5 K in quick time ..    Big reduction in the sugar and salad coming out my ears.   

Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 11:32am
[COLOR=green
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 11:34am
350 degrees F is 180 degrees Celsius, you can replace ketchup with tomato sauce
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 11:43am
   Looks good Dot---     I'm trying to lose the weight..

I've got to get the Body Beautiful back ...        I've been having loving dreams & I'm blaming the weight for missing out .    By waking as it is all about to happen.    
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 11:45am
Egg Salad -
Chopped lettuce, chopped onions or chives, hard boiled eggs
Mayonnaise -
2 tablespoons vinegar, same of water, same of sugar,
1/2 to 1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 oz butter
1 x beaten egg
Combine all ingredients in small saucepan, STIR over LOW heat till butter melts and mixture thickens slightly.
Remove from heat, when cool mix gently through lettuce, eggs and onion/chives.
White onions are milder than brown.

Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 11:48am
I’m hearing you, we’re all trying to lose weight. A lot easier said than done I find 😁

Looks good Dot---     I'm trying to lose the weight..

I've got to get the Body Beautiful back ...        I've been having loving dreams & I'm blaming the weight for missing out .    By waking as it is all about to happen.    
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 12:09pm
Moderate oven = 180 - 190 degrees, T = tablespoon
Chicken in BBQ Sauce
1 kg chicken pieces
SAUCE
2 T light, salt reduced soy sauce
2 T honey 🍯
2 T Apple cider vinegar 🍎
1 T brown sugar
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/3 cup tomato sauce
1/3 cup hot water or peach juice
MIX ALL INGREDIENTS, POUR OVER CHICKEN, BAKE MODERATE OVEN 30 -40 MINS. COVER LOOSELY WITH ALFOIL FIRST HALF OF COOKING TIME OPTIONAL. IF MEAT PINK IN MIDDLE, RETURN TO OVEN 10 mins, check again
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 6:18pm
Here you go maxie, my favorite falafel recipe from Yotam Ottolenghi

Very simple to make, great with salad.

1-1/4 cups dried chickpeas

1/2 medium onion, finely chopped

2 cloves garlic, crushed

1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley

2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander(optional)

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

3 tablespoons water

1-1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, for coating

salt

------

Soak the chickpeas overnight in plenty of water

Rinse well

Put everything in the food processor and blend fine.
Shape into small balls 
roll in sesame seeds
cook in pan with some olive oil spray

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 8:25pm
I'm down .5 of a K.
   I put a few lettuce & Silver beet seeds in the plastic bag trick ...
Into the water bed under cover ..    Nothing else is rooting in there.
Couple of days and their ready for a pot with good mix and all the greens I can eat .
I'm not just a pretty face.      
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 11:49am
Banana Oatmeal Pancakes - these are really nice and have no flour!
you can halve recipe or keep whats left in the fridge and cook the next day

4 1/2 cups rolled oats
6 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
6 large ripe bananas
3 tbsp maple syrup
3 eggs
3 cups milk -( can use almond milk)
3 tsp vanilla
pinch salt x 3

cook in a frying pan with a little butter or coconut oil ( with for bubbles to pop and then flip over for 1 minute)

top with maple syrup , cream , nuts

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 2:58pm
Keep the recipes coming. I'm learning to cook more than steaks and eggs during lockdown.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 4:38pm
Perfect for you Stayer
Buy a Turkey , have a glass of wine , stuff the turkey,have a glass of wine.

Put the Turkey in the oven , Relax with a glass of wine .

Turk The bastey , Wine of another get , Use the theat mermometer.

glass yourself another pour of wine. Bake the wine for 4 hours,

Take the oven out of the Turkey,------ Tet the sable ,   

Grab another wottle of bime . ---- Turk the Curvey.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 5:23pm
Cheers macca 🍷
 Post Reply Post Reply