Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 838>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 11:53am
OK thanks PT. But i still don't get why so many cases off that one boat are resulting in death. It almost seems to me it is a more aggressive strain / mutation
Refer ALP Election Promises
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 11:55am
Spain, 13,500 dead
France: 9,000 dead
Italy: 16,500 dead
Germany :1800 dead
UK: 5,500 dead
Belgium: 1,600 dead

And just down the road,,,

Hungary:  38 dead

Mmmmmmmm???????
I think its now very obvious why I speak so highly of Hungary.
LIFE is the number thing we have in our world, and look at what is happening.

ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 11:56am
That just may be a truer count than out in the public where people aren't being tested or recorded as coronavirus deaths.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 11:59am
Also what are the demographics of the typical person on a cruise ship? Lots of older people in much higher risk groups?
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 12:02pm
Not necessarily older people, but older people with underlying health issues.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 12:05pm
Cruise ships during the working year attract retirees, however during the summer holiday season they attract the young families and the party group. Looking at the pictures of those disembarking from the Ruby Princess I did not see anyone under 25 years of age.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 12:09pm
Fair points those
Refer ALP Election Promises
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

OK thanks PT. But i still don't get why so many cases off that one boat are resulting in death. It almost seems to me it is a more aggressive strain / mutation

Interesting point, I guess one of the fears surrounding this thing, is that it will mutate, as the cold viruses do, and defeat vaccines.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 12:52pm
Its just shocking the way the people on Ruby Princess were not even told to isolate or that there were seriouly ill people on the ship with an unknown ( at the time of docking ) illness.  Not to mention that the ship had sick people on it when it docked that morning yet NSW Health cleared it to load and sail again.  How much proper cleaning would a massive ship like that get in approx  10/12 hours , for starters ? Not the sort of cleaning I would wish for !Thumbs DownThen they just spread out all over Aust and spread it far and wide before they even knew they were infected.
Apparently there were approx 150 people taken straight to the airport and flew to Dallas Forth Worth on a Qantas flight, and the crew were unaware of it until later, so some of them were probably infectious too.

animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

We could start a rumour BOB .

All Lovelly ladies under 40 , become immune to Sars 1 , if they bonk an oldie .

"The cure is worse than the disease".....

Both cause Fatalities .   
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 1:13pm
US shares rocketed, only 1200 a day dying from coronavirus there, nothing to worry about.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 1:15pm
The $6 Trillion total stimulus and negotiations for another larger package satisfied the market.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 1:43pm
Be careful because people are going crazy during lockdown and I think I’m one of them.
I was talking to the microwave and toaster while making a cuppa.
We all agreed things are getting bad and could overheat.
I didn’t mention it to the washer because she always puts her own spin on things.
Certainly not the fridge because he’s acting cold and the vacuum was less sympathetic and told me to suck it up.
The toilet looked a little flushed when I asked her opinion while the doorknob told me to get a grip.
The front door said I was unhinged and the curtains said pull yourself together.
However the electric fan was more optimistic and said hopefully things will blow over soon.
In the end the iron straightened me out and said no situation is too pressing and everything will be fine.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 1:49pm
ClapThumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 1:49pm
You are either a comic, macca, or a plagiarist !
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 1:54pm
Love it.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 1:57pm
I'm both Max...    But you still have to put it in the right place.

Like I would never suggest PT will be busy with egg on face , on here just yet .
   That's for the Pell thread.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 8:00pm
I reckon the most interesting comment I have read about this, and I'm not sure who it was here that said it, is how the hell did this thing migrate all over the world from Wuhan, but not get to the big Chinese cities like Shanghai. Quite the mystery, that one, Isaac !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

I reckon the most interesting comment I have read about this, and I'm not sure who it was here that said it, is how the hell did this thing migrate all over the world from Wuhan, but not get to the big Chinese cities like Shanghai. Quite the mystery, that one, Isaac !

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 8:41pm
The Wuhan policy must have been, if you are flying out of the country, off you go no sweat - if you are travellling to another part of China, no way Jose.Wink
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 8:41pm
I don't know PT, there were infected people streaming out of Wuhan for weeks before the lockdown, and many must have been intra-China, as well as those that spread it over the world.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 8:46pm
OK Tlaz, you think they stopped the locals going back home, but let the internationals fly out ? Doubt that would not have been revealed by now. It doesn't ring true to me, that people can spread it effortlessly world wide, but it doesn't get to Beijing, or the other huge cities. Can't see how that happened.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 8:47pm

On December 31 last year, China alerted the WHO to several cases of unusual pneumonia in Wuhan, a city of 11 million people. The virus was unknown.

Several of those infected worked at the city's Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market, which was shut down on January 1. As health experts worked to identify the virus amid growing alarm, the number of infections exceeded 40.

On January 5, Chinese officials ruled out the possibility that this was a recurrence of the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) virus - an illness that originated in China and killed more than 770 people worldwide in 2002-2003.

January 6 - 12

On January 7, officials announced they had identified a new virus, according to the WHO. The novel virus was named 2019-nCoV and was identified as belonging to the coronavirus family, which includes SARS and the common cold.

On January 11, China announced its first death from the virus, a 61-year-old man who had purchased goods from the seafood market. Treatment did not improve his symptoms after he was admitted to hospital and he died of heart failure on the evening of January 9

On January 20, China reported a third death and more than 200 infections, with cases also reported outside Hubei province including in Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen.

Meanwhile, a Chinese expert on infectious diseases confirmed human-to-human transmission to state broadcaster CCTV, raising fears of a major outbreak as millions travelled for the Lunar New Year holiday.

The cities of Wuhan, Xiantao and Chibi in Hubei province were placed under effective quarantine on January 23 as air and rail departures were suspended. By the end of the week, more areas were placed under lockdown affecting a total of 56 million people. 

The WHO said that the outbreak did not yet constitute a public emergency of international concern and there was "no evidence" of the virus spreading between humans outside of China.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/01/timeline-china-coronavirus-spread-200126061554884.html

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

OK Tlaz, you think they stopped the locals going back home, but let the internationals fly out ? Doubt that would not have been revealed by now. It doesn't ring true to me, that people can spread it effortlessly world wide, but it doesn't get to Beijing, or the other huge cities. Can't see how that happened.

Keep the airport open- shut down the roads. Isn't that what happened/

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 8:49pm
The international airport that is.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 8:57pm
When were international flights out of Wuhan stopped?

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 8:57pm
Well, if the international airport was open, but the domestic shut down, that would start to sound like an explanation. And one that does not look good for Chaiina !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

When were international flights out of Wuhan stopped?

When were the roads out of Wuhan blockaded?

If those two dates are pretty much the same my preposterous hypothesis will be refuted.Embarrassed

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 9:00pm
And other domestic travel options, of course, like trains buses and private cars, but if international flights were still allowed to leave, well, surely they would not have done that ? Or maybe they did !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 9:02pm
Certainly if there was a distinct gap between the lock down, and international flights not being allowed to leave, that could explain a lot.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 838>