Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Maddie Raymond

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 7:50pm
For a start. Daniel Bowman and Mitch Freedman we’re working about a dozen older broken down ones that needed the beach. They weren’t there during Weirs “prime”. Maddie Raymond was, and now she trains a couple under her own name out of Lindsey Smiths stable. This is heading exactly the same way as Weir and McLean. I’m more than happy to cal it guilt by association, just as I will listening to the silence from the “believers” when one or both get outed.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 8:04pm
I can assure you both were foremen consecutively at Miners Rest when blinkers hung ominously & continuously on one particular treadmill, tho' in their capacity, they didn't operate these, that I'm aware of.
However, despite turning a blind eye, they certainly learned how to train well as evidenced by their results. Sometimes one needs to off off one's nose to spite the face Wink
'Everyone' knew what was going on for the previous 10 years, the surprise was the time it took to officially resolve.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Discohips23 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 8:13pm
I have NEVER said at any time that all Weir ex employees should be tarred with the same brush, NEVER. I will however say whatever I wish about a situation that has all the hallmarks of past discretions. 
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 8:50pm
The racing industry has and always will be an echo chamber. Until it dies which it will within decades.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 10:17pm
This is a crap read! The person worked for Australia’s biggest horse trainer. You do not become that big if you cannot train! She probably has learnt all the best ways to train and seen many other things in the process? But everyone is an individual! Narrow minded people want to paint with one brush.
Mr Grieves View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Grieves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Straight arrow Straight arrow wrote:

The person worked for Australia’s biggest horse trainer. You do not become that big if you cannot train!

You can if you cheat.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 11:19pm
blah blah blah. So the horse, Wentwood, that was racing in Group company in Europe, now bought and owned by the same individuals that race a So You Think (entire) that had 8 starts for 5 WINS and TWO SECONDS for Weir and now in the hands of Lindsey Smith, has been handed over to an individual who has had their license five minutes. You don’t think for one minute this is odd? An owner with ties to both Weir and Smith giving a horse to someone with absolutely no credentials other than also having ties to the same people?. I can remember Smith and a couple of his owners throwing McLean a bone or two not so long ago, namely Cougar Express and Trap For Fools. 
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 11:21pm
Hey all, I'm watching this thread. Please let's not let it get out of hand with false accusations. There are a ton of good people who worked for the Weir stable and most have been absorbed into stables that have since become highly successful. They sure know how to train and look after horses. Aside from the convicted few, every other person must be treated as innocent or at least oblivious and deserves a chance to show what they are made of. Don't be a troll.
Wishing only good things from the village.
Cheers, Mayor

Edited by Mayor - 17 Jan 2020 at 11:23pm
Mayor
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 11:41pm
You're blacklisted everywhere in that State.No one will employ a snitch if you go that far & if you give 'a change of scenery' as reason & head to another trainer, don't expect a glowing reference even if deserved.

Too right.   Come on you jokers.  You must have been around stables long enough to know how things work ??  Shocked   Surely ???  If you havnt been, and you dont know, get your heads out of the sand and go work in a stable for awhile and try your luck as a snitch when seeking other work.
I never even worked in a racing stable, but I did do the hard yards in other breeds stables,  and if you dont believe word travels, and work drys up, when you try and do the right thing by the horse, when your employer is an ass, you live in La la Land.
On the other hand, work for a straight trainer and you have no worries.
animals before people.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 12:31am
OK Boomer. Keep that wheel rolling.

Not my pig, not my farm.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 12:44am
Its your farm alright.  You are just snoozing under the pig.

animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

I know it as fact! You're blacklisted everywhere in that State.No one will employ a snitch if you go that far & if you give 'a change of scenery' as reason & head to another trainer, don't expect a glowing reference even if deserved.
What's the difference between Maddie, Daniel, Mitch & other ex Weir employees then? How come they too don't have potentially slanderous threads? Perhaps because she's female? Involved closely with a Melb. Cup winner? She's not even a tall poppy Confused

I think it is the whole Weir - Smith and now still employed with Smith and doing similar to McLean, Working for Smith and her own horses.

It just has an absolute stink to it.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 11:15am

I can assure you both were foremen consecutively at Miners Rest when blinkers hung ominously & continuously on one particular treadmill, tho' in their capacity, they didn't operate these, that I'm aware of.
However, despite turning a blind eye, they certainly learned how to train well as evidenced by their results. Sometimes one needs to off off one's nose to spite the face Wink
'Everyone' knew what was going on for the previous 10 years, the surprise was the time it took to officially resolve.

Who are these people that do not employ snitches ? They should be ostracised as much as the convicted.

And when the industry is brought to its knees and caves in, everybody who said nothing will deserve exactly what they get.

Really, the "Industry" is a disgrace.

reductio ad absurdum
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 11:35am
Doesn’t bode well for the horses, when even the people who feel sorry for them and know that it’s wrong, have to swallow their objections and principles, just to stay in the industry they love? It all comes back to the love of money, which in many cases exceeds all else.
Pity those that put success at whatever cost to the kind and obliging horse, can’t find a job working with racing cars, bikes, boats, anything that can’t feel stress, pain or discomfort🥵🤬
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 6:34pm
Great first up effort
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Who are these people that do not employ snitches ? They should be ostracised as much as the convicted.

And when the industry is brought to its knees and caves in, everybody who said nothing will deserve exactly what they get.

Really, the "Industry" is a disgrace.

Very good question.

Bigger myth than chemtrails.

Anyone who is actively looking to punish whistleblowers is complicit.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 8:26pm

Fat lot of good that does the whistleblower Confused Tell me any industry in which a whistleblower is no worse of after revealing all Unhappy

For example:
Max Igan

I have not been arrested. the rumours people are spreading are false but it has been an extremely intense few days. I have a lot to share but need to go underground for a while, will message when again I can.

Edited by Gay3 - 18 Jan 2020 at 8:39pm
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 8:40pm
Got to actually see her today, interviewed.  Spoke well.
animals before people.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 8:50pm
I agree aa.
Hopefully she can snag a few winners
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 10:00pm

Fat lot of good that does the whistleblower Confused Tell me any industry in which a whistleblower is no worse of after revealing all Unhappy

For example:
Max Igan

I have not been arrested. the rumours people are spreading are false but it has been an extremely intense few days. I have a lot to share but need to go underground for a while, will message when again I can.

Who the kiss is Max Igan?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 11:05pm
I’ve never heard of Max Igan, and never heard of a single person / whistle blower who has gone to Racing Victoria with a report of systematic cheating within their work place, full stop, let alone if someone had and the “system” lett them down. Happy to be proved wrong. 
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 7:38am
Originally posted by Discohips23 Discohips23 wrote:

I’ve never heard of Max Igan, and never heard of a single person / whistle blower who has gone to Racing Victoria with a report of systematic cheating within their work place, full stop, let alone if someone had and the “system” lett them down. Happy to be proved wrong. 

That brave young lady Kate Goodrich went to RVL with a tale of woe, one of the worst bullying stories I've ever read, RVL were disgusting in their investigations, the behaviour there was and still is in question, and I believe this is before the courts. I hope Kate gets her just rewards, her life will never be the same.
The reason I mention this in the same context Disco, is that in my opinion RVL is not to be trusted, if the behaviour at Weir's was Victoria's worst kept secret, for so long. then he should have been gone many years ago.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 11:09am
Appreciate the KG story, whilst not fully understanding it. When mediation is called in it is apparent that someone isn’t prepared to take some responsibility for the situation. My comment was in response to one made about if you snitch to the authorities, your career is doomed. I would imagine if you were honest and snitched on Weir for instance, there would be no way you’d get a run in stables like Lamming or Gelagotis, if of course “the word gets out”. But to hold the opinion that you are doomed if you do is delusional. If you had the qualities stables like P.Carey, G.Eurell, N.Blackiston, P.Payne, M.Moroney, etc are needing, I’m sure you’d be employed. 
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 3:37pm
If whistleblowers were so badly treated, who snitched on Weir then?
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 3:56pm
Don’t think Julian Assanges life was ever quite the same.......
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

If whistleblowers were so badly treated, who snitched on Weir then?
m
Some of his ‘staff’ were undercover cops
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 4:18pm
Which is half ironic, because from the 60's right through to the 90's half the Ballarat cops turned a blind eye to institutional pedophilia in the Catholic church. Thumbs Down

Sorry to even further hijack the actual thread of "Maddie Raymond" who was just one of Weir's scores of employees.  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Sister Dot Sister Dot wrote:

Don’t think Julian Assanges life was ever quite the same.......

Comparing the calling out of War atrocities and the use of information for the purpose of vote rigging in a Presidential election, and notifying a racing body of stable indiscretions. Really?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 8:43pm
Let's see how she goes, She is licenced and the powers that be are obviously happy for her to be so.

Hopefully she does not geld for the sake of it and is a proper horseman. 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 8:54pm
Gay,

Is there are thread for these “anti-paedophilic” comments? Surely we can’t have this “link” to the Maddie Raymond thread! Like Weir, all Pedos (even the tried & true Ballarat ones) should be respected on this site by all who use it. Innocent til proven guilty, eh! And like Weir, all these paedophiles had their believers. Over to you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>