Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Trump hasn't been impeached yet ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 8:44pm
How about you refer any suspect thread to me first before you act - i’ll do an Official Post count. You can trust me
Refer ALP Election Promises
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I know you Trump cultists are hurting today stayer so I will cut you slack.

Depends how you look at things, of course. You could for example see this as a great moment for team Trump because the dems have been shown up to be so obsessed with downing Trump that they have finally managed to force a phony "impeachment" gimmick by numbers, which they won't follow up on, while offering nothing but garbage that would make Corbyn blush. The only bi-partisan thing about the impeachment rubbish was that a couple of dems had the integrity to vote against it.

Or he is guilty as charged.

What sort of person refuses to allow witnesses and evidence that could clear him quite simply, and allows himself to be impeached instead.

It doesn't take rocket science to work out it is a guilty person.

Sounds a lot like your arguments about Pell.

That’s quite amusing.
Irony I presume?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 8:47pm
31 “Official Posts To Date” ( OPTD )
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 8:50pm
Make that 32 OPTD - Rusty just pushed in
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

How about you refer any suspect thread to me first before you act - i’ll do an Official Post count. You can trust me

There are other factors, for instance your latest thread qualifies but it is in good spirit, no hidden agenda or having a dig at anyone , so I did not include it Thumbs Up
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 8:56pm
Oh thanks Whale - you are a real sport
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

I know you Trump cultists are hurting today stayer so I will cut you slack.

Depends how you look at things, of course. You could for example see this as a great moment for team Trump because the dems have been shown up to be so obsessed with downing Trump that they have finally managed to force a phony "impeachment" gimmick by numbers, which they won't follow up on, while offering nothing but garbage that would make Corbyn blush. The only bi-partisan thing about the impeachment rubbish was that a couple of dems had the integrity to vote against it.

Or he is guilty as charged.

What sort of person refuses to allow witnesses and evidence that could clear him quite simply, and allows himself to be impeached instead.

It doesn't take rocket science to work out it is a guilty person.

Sounds a lot like your arguments about Pell.

That’s quite amusing.
Irony I presume?

No. A bit of pizz-taking, but no irony.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Don’t take it so seriously Whale

as if, some seem to take it seriously though Confused
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 11:03pm
SHAMMY ----      Brightens up the day.

Always good to see your name but I understand your standing off the
" Australia " Debate ,   as the Country falls victim to being "crumpeted ".

Inevitable, consequence of our choices for breeding stock over the more recent generations.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 8:20am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Impeachment is like pregnancy, there isn't a lite version as Trump and Doc insist.

There is now.

Stayer the trolling little worm has arrived Cry

Get effed you creepy creepy man.

do they teach you that language in church, or is that just what the priests do to little boys ?

These are the smae control freak people who think they have the right to dictate their standards to us, potty mouths and all it seems.Ouch
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 10:46am
You tell em Stayer .

Too many losers lately, has these lefties grasping for straws.

Our gang of green backs are notably scathing in their reaction.

It wasn't our fault Shorten fell through the floor , Boris blitzed em , Trump is flying ,   Greta looks all of her 90 years , Nancy isn't as pretty as Melania   ( or Melania's Dog. )etc etc
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 10:48am
I just checked maxie, Donald is still impeached.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 10:56am
And I hear Shammy is back in witness protection.

He saw what he thought was a run, broke out, but unfortunatelygot onto Doc's back and the gap he thought was there slammed shut(that's what you get for getting between 2 lawyers and an opinion) Shame.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

You tell em Stayer .

Too many losers lately, has these lefties grasping for straws.

Our gang of green backs are notably scathing in their reaction.

It wasn't our fault Shorten fell through the floor , Boris blitzed em , Trump is flying ,   Greta looks all of her 90 years , Nancy isn't as pretty as Melania   ( or Melania's Dog. )etc etc

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 3:27pm
Nancy Pelosi: ”He just got impeached. He’ll be impeached forever. No matter what the Senate does. He’s impeached forever because he violated our Constitution,”
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 3:43pm
Section 2, clause 5 of the US constitution

The House of Representatives shall choose their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 4:21pm
That's right.

It is remarkable that so many people believe that Impeachment describes the trial of an elected official before the legislature.  It doesn't.  Impeachment only describes the statement of charges against the defendant, like an indictment in the criminal justice system.  

Trump is Impeached.  He has been charged by the Representatives.   He will be tried by the Senate. 

He was impeached by a simple majority of the Representatives.  A conviction will require a super-majority (i.e. 2/3rds) of Senators.  If convicted by the Senate he will be removed from office. 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 4:25pm
There is just a debate going on among law professors as to whether a President is impeached following the House ruling or on reciept and acceptance of the articles in the Senate. It followed an opinion piece by Noah Rothman. He has been pounced on by a multitude of other lawyers but embraced by Trump's fav Epstein lawyer Dershowitz. It is just a ''how many angels can fit on the head of a pin'' debate
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 10:26pm

Don't know where you got 13 posts, not from me

It is a bit flexible but the basic criteria is 2 or 3 pages

LOL ... "it's a bit flexible"

Like impeachment by AOC's bitch Skeletor Pelosi is "a bit flexible" eh Whale!LOL

What do your "Focus Groups" tell you Whale?

Is it what the Dems "Focus Groups" are telling them???

nobody cares. 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

That's right.

It is remarkable that so many people believe that Impeachment describes the trial of an elected official before the legislature.  It doesn't.  Impeachment only describes the statement of charges against the defendant, like an indictment in the criminal justice system.  

Trump is Impeached.  He has been charged by the Representatives.   He will be tried by the Senate. 

He was impeached by a simple majority of the Representatives.  A conviction will require a super-majority (i.e. 2/3rds) of Senators.  If convicted by the Senate he will be removed from office. 

... and what if Skeletor's "focus groups" tell her that moving ahead is suicide, and she predictably soils her adult diaper, and she NEVER files these articles with the Senate ... what do you call that?
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 10:43pm

Nancy Pelosi: ”He just got impeached. He’ll be impeached forever. No matter what the Senate does. He’s impeached forever because he violated our Constitution,”

It seems like she is NOT going to do anything ... because if they do have a trial, he will be PROVEN to have violated nothing ... I'm sure that the American Voters will be understanding - they realise this was all a scam from a desperate bunch of unelectable parasites.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 10:47pm

And I hear Shammy is back in witness protection.

He saw what he thought was a run, broke out, but unfortunatelygot onto Doc's back and the gap he thought was there slammed shut(that's what you get for getting between 2 lawyers and an opinion) Shame.

So this is all going well for the Dems now PT?Embarrassed

How long will it be before Trump is out ... and no cheating - November 2024 is already taken!Wink
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 10:54pm

Impeachment is like pregnancy, there isn't a lite version as Trump and Doc insist.

There is now.

Stayer the trolling little worm has arrived Cry

Get effed you creepy creepy man.

do they teach you that language in church, or is that just what the priests do to little boys ?

These are the smae control freak people who think they have the right to dictate their standards to us, potty mouths and all it seems.Ouch

But PT, surely Impeachment IS like pregnancy in the Dem's Pro-Choice world of post term abortions ... Nancy looks like she's all set to terminate this one ... and just because she doesn't like the look of what might be born of it!Embarrassed
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 10:55pm
Hey Whale, how many? ... eff off.LOL
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 12:23am
So, a week away for me and it seems that Trump may never be Impeached! 

... had a lovely pancake stack at the "Terrorist Terrace Espresso Bar" in Brunswick Heads on Christmas Eve I must say! ... not sure that the locals quite knew how to take my "FAKE NEWS" T-shirt though!Cry
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 12:34am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

... had a lovely pancake stack at the "Terrorist Terrace Espresso Bar" in Brunswick Heads on Christmas Eve I must say! ... not sure that the locals quite knew how to take my "FAKE NEWS" T-shirt though!Cry

YOU SPELT FAKE WRONG ...     & Whale is never there when you need him .

Like when he thought I was promoting him to the Rank of Counts.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 8:38am
Careful Doc, if you spend too much time here in paradise it might humanize you.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 10:21pm

Doc, go away. Nobody missed you and nobody likes you, not even your 9 :friends" on FB or the couple to whom you paid $500 to have lunch with you LOL
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 11:02pm

Careful Doc, if you spend too much time here in paradise it might humanize you.

It's ok PT ... only stayed long enough to enjoy the local breakfast and coffee ... mmmm ... not sure what V or GF on the menu means, but I wasn't risking waiting around for one of those burnt out old hippies to tell me to Get F--ked in Veganese ... Tongue 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 11:03pm

Doc, go away. Nobody missed you and nobody likes you, not even your 9 :friends" on FB or the couple to whom you paid $500 to have lunch with you LOL

Merry Christmas Whale, and Happy Santa's Birthday!HeartHug
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>