Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2020 Democrat race ie next President USA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 163>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 4:13pm
bad there, 50k probably, I wonder how Boris is, doesn't look that flash.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 4:20pm
Like America, Italy Spain they still aren't counting nursing homes and home deaths from coronavirus
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 4:30pm

Did Dr Fauci also say that the increase in death rates in 2020 will probably cause a decrease in 2021/22/23
Keep in mind 8000 Americans die each day on average.
While statistics are our only measure , they also have to be properly analysed to cater for the wider picture.
The 100000 who die today aren't going to be there to die tomorrow.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

bad there, 50k probably, I wonder how Boris is, doesn't look that flash.

UK total actually closer to 80,000 on excess figures and world figure on only 24 countries 240,000 understated.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 4:33pm
Sheer genius macca, we can say with confidence that everyone dies eventually. But probably prefer not to die earlier than they have too, and importantly, not in such a dreadful way.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 4:35pm
Anything to let Donald off the hook.

Remember the outrage over 4 people in Benghazi from Republicans Inquiries for 5 years and tried to bring down the Sec of State and UN Ambassador. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 4:36pm
It has a bad effect on loved ones as well, not able to be at the bedside. It's a tale short of upside.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 4:40pm
As professor Sharfstein from Johns Hopkins said, when this thing is done every American will either know someone or know someone who knows someone that died.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 4:42pm
It is bad news all round, but if you are losing lives in bulk, and copping an economic hiding at the same time, a double whammy. So far, Australia avoids the former.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 4:43pm
We followed South Korean model early.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 4:59pm
Whenever viewing stats on such emotional issues, the blunt truth, has to be expressed. ( like what triggers Domestic Murders)

Almost every aged care area anywhere, has a population who will pass on in "quick" time.      When these infections take hold the death rate soars.
Beds are filled immediate and things go on as another usual day.

The only stats that interest me, is the under 70's, who are free of life threatening , pre existing ills.

Look at those stats and you will get a true picture of reality, regarding
how severe the outbreak and the responsibility of preventing careless habits that cause the spread.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 5:09pm
You might be ready to hand up your spot maxie, but I still have winners to back.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 5:10pm
...and RWNJ's to trigger LOL
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 5:12pm
Your a Baby PT ... I've got kids older than you .

We need you ..   teachers =   You can't have too many.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 5:16pm
The way these people die, gets little publicity, but sounds pretty bad, maybe the morphine is employed when the battle appears lost.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 5:20pm
So many people choosing not to go to hospital for fear of only getting worse in there, and dying in agony at home.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 5:22pm
Of course max ----     Palliative care isn't pleasant for anyone.

Many attend it much better than others.

It is Criminal that Medical People have such fears of retribution when a humane option presents .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 5:25pm
Morphine has long been in "unofficial" use as an act of mercy to end a hopeless situation.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 5:32pm
I recall seeing a doco where a WW2 German military doctor, spoke of the situation of injured soldiers at Stalingrad, deprived of medical supplies and facilities, a barracks full of harrowing scenes, and more harrowing cries. Then some Morphine arrived, and he went up and down, injecting all the worst cases. The atmosphere changed from that of a hellhouse, to one that resembled a party. Pain is an awful thing.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

So many people choosing not to go to hospital for fear of only getting worse in there, and dying in agony at home.

Hospital care is a lottery PT..    No one should suffer at such times but there are many interference that arise ( Mainly by relatives ).

We should all have the paperwork done, to ensure our wishes, re resuscitation and allied treatments in the case of terminal time.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 5:38pm
I spent a fortnight in PA in Brisbane 3 years ago in July. When I got home I went to my GP for post op review. He said he had 3 patients in there including me at the same time, and I was the only one that went home. The other pair picked up infections that overwhelmed them. It is a lottery maxie.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Morphine has long been in "unofficial" use as an act of mercy to end a hopeless situation.

Yes Max and at times , a great risk to those who administer.

Doctors write scripts and in many cases are not available after hours or whatever reason, Senior Nurse discretion comes into play.
Someone may not need a PRN ( when necessary ) dosage for quite a period and then more than prescribed is the only relief at the time.
I haven't seen a case questioned , but that risk is always there, because technically that nurse is "over dosing " if you get the drift.
Some won't administer.    That's where unnecessary suffering is real.
People think all Hospital areas have Doctors readily available . Not so.
In aged care, Ambulance for acute unexpected situations, but you don't overload emergency areas with those residents receiving palliative care.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I spent a fortnight in PA in Brisbane 3 years ago in July. When I got home I went to my GP for post op review. He said he had 3 patients in there including me at the same time, and I was the only one that went home. The other pair picked up infections that overwhelmed them. It is a lottery maxie.

I've seen a whole ICU unit wiped out by The antibiotic resistant Staph.

You rarely read about such happenings.

True story that Medical error/neglect/incompetence is high on the cause of death list.
Shammy Davis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 1:42am
More Biden confusion.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/naacp-pushes-back-biden-endorsement-you-aint-black
Shammy Davis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 1:49am
Bill Maher admits Dem led impeachment turn into a horrible result.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/bill-maher-says-he-now-regrets-trumps-impeachment-it-just-emboldened-him

What a shock. Political retribution is as old as the human race and Maher is just figuring it out.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 9:30am
Yep, listen to Fox and keep talking down your 100,000 innocent dead Americans Shammy, it is working so well for you. Thumbs Up

And here is Trump today bringing up the milestone the same way he dealt with the threat in Feb-March.....ignoring it and playing golf.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 10:36am
Great to see him taking his mind off the Strains of Office.   Imagine the pressure.      A round of Golf , A Good Woman, The 19th Hole. Ohhhh For the memories , and I don't play golf.
   Mighty Job DON has done.    Given another term , the dog packs will drop off and Realise that Obama is not POTUS.
JOE Biden ( The embarrassment ).   Surely NOT.    > America's People are not that suicidal.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 10:42am
We won't mention Nancy hitting the bottle in her social time 24/7
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 10:47am
2 people died in the USA from Ebola.

rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Shammy Davis Shammy Davis wrote:

More Biden confusion.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/naacp-pushes-back-biden-endorsement-you-aint-black

Hmmm, you reckon poor old Joe knows what per capital means?

You know he does.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 163>