Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Sky Racing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sky Racing
    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 8:57pm
For those interested. Andrew Hawkins and Libby Hoppwood were both made redundant. I saw their posts on social media. I rated these two highly and it's sad to see them go.

Edited by Gay3 - 11 Feb 2022 at 8:50am
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

For those interested. Andrew Hawkins and Libby Hoppwood were both made redundant. I saw their posts on social media. I rated these two highly and it's sad to see them go.

Andrew Hawkins was very good, knows his stuff inside out.

But Libby Hopwood was dreadful presenter.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Lord Hybrow Lord Hybrow wrote:

Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Andrew Hawkins was very good, knows his stuff inside out.

But Libby Hopwood was dreadful presenter.

Something doesn't seem right. Plus ibwas reading a few comments on facebook and a few people have said Sky Racing isn't good to work out. So maybe there are culture problems. Who knows.

I hope to talk to Andrew at some point. As I said i rated both highly
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 12:48am
I respect Andrew, we all know he loves his racing, he will find something else. Perhaps writing instead of presenting is more his go, but if his passion is to be in front of the camera, good luck to him, his passion will carry him a long way. He has accomplished a lot in a relatively short amount of time.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 2:31am
These days, start your own, racing production set up.

It costs nothing to upload to you tube, and all you need is a couple of cameras and proper set design, and you set.

I like Andy to, and hope he can stay doing what he loves     
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 12:12am
google andrew hawkins racing
....click

and find the "cheering AFAAK" video....it is worth the view

International View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote International Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 9:12am
And they keep the dreadful old duffer Gary Harley on, as well as the admittedly pretty but awful presenter Priscilla Looker who has no idea what an adverb is, plus the competent but appalling to listen to Chynna Marston and John Scorse.  I do not get it.

Maybe Racing.com can get rid of the buffoon Jason Richardson.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 9:20am
Racing.com need to get rid of the guy who has a Nickname for total randoms first
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 9:20am
I like Richo
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 9:20am
Andrew Hawkins looks like he is going down the online route with the founding of Andrew Hawkins Racing Facebook page. Good move Andrew.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

I like Richo

Richo is probably the most clueless racing presenter I have ever seen in terms of actually knowing anything about the game. But he does do his job well I agree.
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 10:47am
Why don’t they use W Harris more? He may not be the presenter ? But he speaks well and has more knowledge then them all
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 11:03am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

I like Richo

Richo is probably the most clueless racing presenter I have ever seen in terms of actually knowing anything about the game. But he does do his job well I agree.

I’m intrigued. What is he clueless about?
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Straight arrow Straight arrow wrote:

Why don’t they use W Harris more? He may not be the presenter ? But he speaks well and has more knowledge then them all

Wayne probably is not pretty and pushy enough for them.   He is quiet and not "out there " blowing his own trumpet. 
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 11:32am
Are any of the pretty?

The Duff, Munsie and Radley don’t pass the test🤪
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 11:39am

I like Richo

Has no idea of form or really horses in general. Just listen to him for 30 seconds and you’ll see.

He is a good presenter though and to be fair that’s what his role mainly entails.
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 12:48pm
Priscilla Looker might not know what an adverb is, but is the most knowledgeable female presenter of them all. Michael Maxworthy and Wayne Harris are both guns. Richo and Duff are obviously planted there by opposition stations to destroy the followers. Tony Brassel is fantastic.
“Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.”
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:10pm
Gonna miss Jayne Ivil when she leaves.
She’s brilliant
marscay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marscay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:51pm

I like Richo

Listen to him for an afternoon or watch get on...... inside that giant noggin is very little racing intellect.

He's got the gift for presenting i'll give him that.
marscay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marscay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 2:05pm
And Chynna Marston I'm surprised her face doesn't melt away during summer..... what a train wreck both to watch and listen.

When they keep the likes of her and Gary Harley on the payroll and drop a knowledgeable young pup like Andrew you just have to shake your head in disbelief at the abortion that is Sky.

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 3:08pm
Who is Chynna . exactly ?  How does she fit in ?  Has she worked in horses before or did she just score the gig on her looks ??   Have to admit  to never having heard of her before until she popped up there.
animals before people.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 3:21pm
Chynna is a legend, she can pick a winner in the yard, she knows her horses, and who gives a continental how she looks. Her presentation is terrific. She has evolved, long may she stay. She also re-homes horses, God bless her, we need more like her....bloody good on you Chynna, love your work.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 4:08pm
I know she rode for a while, as an apprentice, not sure if she reached an open jockeys licence.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 4:15pm
Age28Weight51kgCareer31WinsGroup 1–WinsPrize Money$340,045Win %11%CareerRecent Win %12%Last 50
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Gonna miss Jayne Ivil when she leaves.
She’s brilliant

If there's a $20+ winner to be found, she'll nail it, unlike 90% of presenters who tip the top 4 in  betting. Flindell being one of the 10% Big smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 5:10pm
I am surprised that no one has mentioned Lizzie Jeffs.

I always thought Larry Olsen was the best saddling enclosure selector, but this lady knows her business.

With the base of the Village and VillageBet, I am surprised the Mayor has not sought Andrew out to head a you tube based channel for visual content.

I am absolutely certain the amount of subscribers would more than pay for the production required, and as I mentioned it costs nothing to upload to your tube, and after all, you tube and podcasting are the future, with television just about disappearing in twenty years.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 5:38pm
I must say I’ve never seen Andrew Hawkins. What show is he on?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 5:44pm
The first two words of the thread title might provide be a place to start to have a little look Shrunk.  WinkBig smile
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 5:47pm
Image result for andrew hawkins sky racing
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 5:48pm
All I know? Is that Wayne Harris rode rings around dufficy guy, and scorch guy! And his judgment is second to none as trainers were concerned! Dufficy had a big bunk up by brother!! Scorch?? Well just try and work that one out yourself? I have no idea. But Harris gets my vote no contest
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>