Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Sky Racing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sky Racing
    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 4:13pm
Does anyone really care who are the talking heads on Sky Racing?
Ringlock View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ringlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 3:06pm
Hawkins might know HK form but he was a terrible host on Sky, very awkward and never looked comfortable. Guess that's why they punted him.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by horlicks horlicks wrote:

Why would Andrew Hawkins ruin ANZ Bloodstock news?

I'm referring to AB, not AH........I don't know what management were thinking.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 2:03pm
Do you people not rate Andrew Hawkins?
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 10:56pm
Why would Andrew Hawkins ruin ANZ Bloodstock news?
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 8:58pm
Oh gee...that's the end of me then, been with ANZ Bloodstock news since Alice Lukey started it from her base in Newmarket yonks back......downhill from now on.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 6:46pm
Andrew has a new job in London

"My new role has been announced! Moving to London to become editor of ANZ Bloodstock News, which means I will be part of the wider Racing Post and Racing Post Bloodstock team. It’s a tremendous opportunity that doesn’t come along every day. Heading across to London on Sunday, just in time for Cheltenham day one next Tuesday. Back in Sydney for two weeks though in early April (for Inglis Easter and The Championships), so will have some farewell drinks then! bit.ly/2vCg0C4"
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 5:14pm
Sammy. “Absolute peach of a ride” in every race 😫😫
Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 4:42pm
What about Sammy Hyland? He is at Gatton today, and should stay there permanently. Cringeworthy is being kind.
Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Chynna goes pretty good AA. Also a very good sport and very willing in banter exchanges with Groovy Scorse. Lots of p1ss taking.
Absolutely.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 12:19pm
Chynna goes pretty good AA. Also a very good sport and very willing in banter exchanges with Groovy Scorse. Lots of p1ss taking.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 12:08pm
PS.  Best of luck to her.  She deserves some in bucket loads.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 12:05pm
Taa. Cant say I ever heard of her before and was curious.
animals before people.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 12:04pm
March 2017

Chynna Marston will cap a triumphant return to the racing industry on Black Opal Stakes day, but the former jockey won't be in her silks for Canberra's marquee meeting.

A race fall at Tumut two years ago ended Marston's career as a hoop, forcing her to find a new way to stay involved in the sport she loves.

The Canberra racing community was rocked by another fall last week when track-work rider Riharna Thomson died on Friday.

Trainers, friends, strappers and jockeys will pay tribute to Thomson's life by wearing black armbands and taking part in a special mounting yard ceremony to remember the popular 22-year-old.

For Marston it's a reminder of how lucky she is to be alive and she will return to the Black Opal to be a part of Sky Racing's broadcast team after making a career switch five months ago.

It will be Marston's first Black Opal on the other side of the fence and her appointment marks a significant comeback.

Marston was unconscious for five minutes, suffered a seizure, broke her nose in two places, had trauma to her T2 and T3 vertebrae and damaged ligaments and muscles in her neck in a fall in 2014.

The accident changed her life forever and Marston admitted she misses racing dearly. But the 25-year-old is grateful to be back working in the tight-knight racing community.

"It certainly fills a void that was missing when I had to retire from racing, it's just a fantastic environment to be around, the atmosphere and the people are wonderful," Marston said.

"Racing was an incredible adrenaline rush that I don't think you can get anywhere else, I definitely miss it, but joining Sky Racing is very exciting, it's a dream job."

Marston has been given the all clear by neurologists to get back in the saddle, but won't ride competitively again because she is still finding the right medication balance to manage her epilepsy and seizures.

"I was really excited when I got the green light a few weeks ago, it was a little bit daunting to think what could possible happen but it felt wonderful to be back on," Marston said.

"I'm only allowed to ride my horses but I find it to be great therapy and a real stress reliever. I have a business called Recycled Racehorses which is where I get retired racehorses from the track and re-educate them and re-home them for other careers to give them a future after racing."

Being back in the paddock with her horses marks a significant milestone for Marston, but the former Wagga apprentice knows the road to recovery will continue for some time.

"It has been a very slow road. The epilepsy has played a really significant role, I keep having seizures and I still can't drive so I've lost my independence," Marston said.

"It's been quite frustrating at times but the horses have played a huge role in my recovery, just spending alone time with them allows me to relax and get hold of the bigger picture when things get a bit too stressful."

Marston began her budding career in the broadcast booth in November and has been working at regional meets in preparation for the capital's biggest day of racing.

"It's very exciting, I've been working around all the races in the southern districts and to broadcast on such a big day in Canberra is obviously a high of my career," Marston said.

"On my first day I was very excited until the camera came on me then the nerves hit. But I've been involved in racing for a long time and it's talking horses which I can do with a mouth full of marbles, so it has taken a bit to get used to the camera but it has been a wonderful experience."

The former law and philosophy student postponed her studies to take up riding and she considered returning to the books to help pass the time during her lay-up, but short term memory issues has prevented it.

"At this stage I'm still hoping to go back and maybe study journalism, but with the epilepsy we're still finding the right balance between all of my medications," Marston said.

"I still get quite drowsy and worn out quickly and suffer from migraines, but hopefully we find a balance and my memory comes back to an extent.

"It's just about waiting until my body and mind is right and once everything is on track I'll get back into it."
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 11:50am
She was a jockey, mostly Canberra southern NSW. rode about 30 winners.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

Chynna is a legend, she can pick a winner in the yard, she knows her horses, and who gives a continental how she looks. Her presentation is terrific. She has evolved, long may she stay. She also re-homes horses, God bless her, we need more like her....bloody good on you Chynna, love your work.

Good on her then.  She sounds like a good 'un.  But, who is she ?   Where did she evolve from ?  Just curious if her background is racing or showing or eventing or what ? 
animals before people.
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 10:09pm
Pay peanuts get monkeys! I keep saying. Racing . Com are full of monkeys. I here some are well paid monkeys? But monkeys all the same. Sky is a whole other beast
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by SHOVHOG SHOVHOG wrote:

There’s only one person who they need to pay big money for and that is Deane Lester. The bloke has been a genius for years and the weekend gone only strengthens that theory. Was very confident Something Silver would roll sureknee amd his best of the day won as usual. (Secret blaze). Anybody who follows RSN will know how good he is.

Jason Lincoln is also very very astute. I enjoy the Saturday nights with Mark McNamara & the former female harness driver who’s name escapes me.

Brittany Graham
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 7:59am
Andrew is up and running with his new online venture Andrew Hawkins Racing.

SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 3:27am
There’s only one person who they need to pay big money for and that is Deane Lester. The bloke has been a genius for years and the weekend gone only strengthens that theory. Was very confident Something Silver would roll sureknee amd his best of the day won as usual. (Secret blaze). Anybody who follows RSN will know how good he is.

Jason Lincoln is also very very astute. I enjoy the Saturday nights with Mark McNamara & the former female harness driver who’s name escapes me.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
pnclick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnclick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 12:40am

His name is Julian Vallance....with Sportsbet

And tracksuit he had on last week... Flashback to the Australian Olympic team in Barcelona!!!  woeful!!!

I link Andrew Hawkins, he does a great job in my opinion.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 10:09pm
Blow them, who bring on people who dont have a clue,,,,Wayne Harris would have  a clue,,,,or 2,,,or 3,,,
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 7:40pm
His name is Julian Vallance....with Sportsbet
Mr Grieves View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Grieves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 7:35pm
Who is that guy with the epic fake tan on racing.com, think he's a sportsbet shill or something....seems to be popping up everywhere.  Insufferable.
Discohips23 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Racing.com need to get rid of the guy who has a Nickname for total randoms first
I made the same statement a few months back. Apparently his name is Matthew Stewart and is a local. Just a try hard.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 7:02pm

Amazing Wayne Harris is still alive let alone a commentator. Melb Cap and Slipper winner has had 2 brain surgeries and 11 spinal surgeries and had to teach himself to speak again. 

Great little man and a true blue fighter, always admired him in his profession as a top flight hoop and it radiated through to the people he rode for, long may he continue to win the battle, keep well Wayno.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

I am surprised that no one has mentioned Lizzie Jeffs.

Ooops, I think this is who I meant with this comment:

Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Gonna miss Jayne Ivil when she leaves.
She’s brilliant

If there's a $20+ winner to be found, she'll nail it, unlike 90% of presenters who tip the top 4 in  betting. Flindell being one of the 10% Big smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 5:58pm
Amazing Wayne Harris is still alive let alone a commentator. Melb Cap and Slipper winner has had 2 brain surgeries and 11 spinal surgeries and had to teach himself to speak again. 
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 5:55pm
John Scorse was a top jock with limited exposure to the A grade horses.

His day in the sun was with PLACID ARK

SCORSE is a famous riding family.

PLACID ARK

36yo Brown Gelding
D.O.B: 27-Sep-1983
by ARKENSTONE  from NORTHERN QUEEN
5x Pedigree Report

StatusRetired
Stewards EmbargoesNone on record
Last Gear Change*10-Feb-1987, Blinkers, On
Trainer
Racing Colours
CareerSummary: 21-14:2:1    Prizemoney: $771,300    
Min/Max-Dist-Win: 1000/1400     1st Up: 4:3-0-0    2nd Up: 4:1-1-0    
Firm: 9:7-1-1     Good: 7:5-1-0     Soft: 4:2-0-0     Heavy: 1:0-0-0    Synthetic: 0:0-0-0

1st of 6BUNB 12Feb86 1000m Good3 2Y HCP $5,000 ($3,500) K Watson 53kg Barrier 2
0:58.70 3-1
6th of 12ASCT 22Feb86 1200m Heavy10 SUNSPEED Listed $300,000 K Watson 55.5kg Barrier 1
0:00.00 6-1
1st of 16ASCT 25Oct86 1200m Good3 3Y GRAD-SW $8,500 ($5,950) Mr John Scorse 54.5kg Barrier 8
3rd Fair Sir (NZ) 54.5kg 1:10.45 5-2
2nd of 10ASCT 08Nov86 1400m Firm2 3Y QUAL $15,000 ($2,850) Mr John Scorse 52.5kg Barrier 7
1st Fair Sir (NZ) 51kg 1:21.84 2-1
1st of 14ASCT 15Nov86 1200m Good3 3Y QLTY $20,000 ($14,000) Mr John Scorse 52.5kg Barrier 1
1:09.92 2-5
1st of 11ASCT 06Dec86 1200m Firm2 ANSETTQLTY Listed $25,000 ($17,500) Mr John Scorse 55.5kg Barrier 6
1:10.66 1-3
3rd of 10ASCT 20Dec86 1400m Firm2 RACONTEUR Listed $25,000 ($2,250) Mr John Scorse 57kg Barrier 10
0:00.00 2-7
1st of 11ASCT 03Jan87 1400m Firm2 L S CLASSIC Group 3 $55,000 ($38,500) K Watson 55.5kg Barrier 6
1:22.75 1-2
1st of 18FLEM 14Feb87 1000m Firm2 LIGHTNING Group 1 $100,000 ($65,000) Mr John Scorse 54kg Barrier 1
2nd Special 52.5kg, 3rd Canny Lass 55.5kg 0:56.60, 1.3L 7-1
1st of 17CAUL 21Feb87 1100m Soft5 OAKLGH PLT Group 1 $121,000 ($79,000) Mr John Scorse 53.5kg Barrier 5
2nd Special 51.5kg, 3rd Rubiton 51.5kg 1:04.40, 3L 11-4
1st of 17FLEM 07Mar87 1200m Firm2 NEWMARKET Group 1 $251,000 ($163,500) Mr John Scorse 55kg Barrier 15
3rd Rubiton 51kg 1:09.50 9-4
1st of 7CANT 21Mar87 1200m Soft5 CANT STKS Group 2 $100,500 ($62,500) Mr John Scorse 54.5kg Barrier 7
2nd Campaign King 57kg, 5th Canny Lass 55.5kg 1:09.50, 2.2L 4-9
2nd of 12RAND 20Apr87 1100m Good3 THE GALAXY Group 1 $151,450 ($27,000) Mr John Scorse 57kg Barrier 10
5th Special
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 5:53pm
Yep scorch! That’s how he treats the English language
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>