Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2019 Foals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 11:17am
Thanks Guys, I will get a photo on here when she grows up a bit. All good so far. I am wrapped that the foal is a filly. at this point the three stakes winners are all fillies along with the likes of Deroche...
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 1:34pm
Congratulations Slowdown, we are still waiting on two overdue, So many fires about, maybe they are smart and waiting for the rain!
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 6:42pm
thanks Gaj, all the best . I hope you and the horses are safe. Bit of an issue here. possibly an internal tear. Vet has been and we will continue to monitor the mare. She seems to have brightened up since the vet was here. no high temp and the bleeding seems to have subsided. Hoping for a good result.
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 7:17pm
Congrats slowdown and fingers crossed all.if good now.
Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 7:18pm
Worrying time.

Sounds as good as it could be though if the mare is less distressed since the vet's been.
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 8:47pm
Thanks Guys, just goes to show how things can happen. the birth appeared to be fine. feet, head etc presented as expected. anyhow we will keep the meds up and with luck if we can get through the first 3 days we are looking ok.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 8:58pm
Fingers crossed .
animals before people.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 7:28am
Good luck slowdown. God luck to everyone today if it's any where near as bad as they say may you all keep safe
Campaspe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Campaspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 6:07pm
Hope she's doing ok, Slowdown.
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Campaspe Campaspe wrote:

so far so good. No bleeding today. Temperature is fine and she appears fine in herself. Currently bribing with carrots due to 3 needles a day.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 10:03pm
LOL, you guys will look after her .   Thumbs Up As will Armidale.
animals before people.
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 9:48am
3rd day of treatment. temp 37.5 deg c and she is fine so far. 2 more days of Gentamyacine and Pen. hoping all is well. Cheers Slowdown
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 10:27am
Smile
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 1:19pm
That's good nursing Slowdown Thumbs Up
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 2:35pm
Thanks Guys, 
                     really appreciate the support. I will duck home and needle her tonight before the races. Hopefully all is well. My wife is home all day so no doubt she is being checked regularly. The foal must be wondering why they have to do laps of the paddock each morning and night until Mum finally accepts that she is getting the needles no matter what. Liz is spoiling her with carrots each time however I am not sure it is a good trade off. Glad she eats them. only thoroughbred on the farm who does. Perhaps she had some encouragement from the Currans.Smile
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 11:10am
Three weeks over due, but OK, colt foal from our old girl Just Juice, Her final foal, then she will be a nanny..
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 12:58pm
Congratulations Gaj, wrapped for you. glad all is well and that she has a future. Cheers Slowdown
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 5:55pm
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 7:04pm
Congrats GAJ, finally!
PhillipC View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhillipC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 10:28pm
My mare (Baffled) also went nearly 3 weeks over and presented me with a lovely Boulder City filly
Photos are here on the Facebook page (no need to even have Facebook to be able to see them)    https://www.facebook.com/EquineHavenSpelling/
http://www.equinehaven.com.au
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 10:40am
Nice to see some green grass in the photo.  Congratuations also.

slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 12:05pm
Congrats Phillip. good stuff
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 12:05pm
No rest for us, another born this morning only a week over, Top Echelon x Star Tress filly, she is really nice.
Furious you may remember our conversation re the Canny Lad Dam line of this mare..
Photos to come..
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by PhillipC PhillipC wrote:

My mare (Baffled) also went nearly 3 weeks over and presented me with a lovely Boulder City filly
Photos are here on the Facebook page (no need to even have Facebook to be able to see them)    https://www.facebook.com/EquineHavenSpelling/

Nice filly, she looks in better shape than our colt for the long gestation.
Good to see that green stuff, never thought I'd be saying that as our place in the northern rivers is at its worst.
PhillipC View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhillipC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 12:20pm
Thanks, they're both doing well.  As for the green stuff, well it is Gippsland (which is exactly why I am here)  :-)
PhillipC View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PhillipC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 7:39pm
I had to bring the mare and foal (now named Poppy as she was born on Remembrance Day) in today and I was wondering how I was going to manage it on my own.  I had seen this webpage a while ago and whipped one up myself and it worked a treat.  I had put one arm in front of the foal and one behind it twice out in the paddock, just so it got used to being restrained, but I put my version of this on her and apart from trying to sit back on it a couple of times, she was putty in my hands and was so easy to control.  I think somewhere it says it's like a handbag and that's just how it felt....lol  Very easy to make yourself with some soft rope.   http://www.foaltohorse.co.uk/index.htm
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 7:13am
Originally posted by slowdown slowdown wrote:

Originally posted by Campaspe Campaspe wrote:

so far so good. No bleeding today. Temperature is fine and she appears fine in herself. Currently bribing with carrots due to 3 needles a day.

All needling finished. Temperature has been fine all the way along. Will continue to monitor her temperature however given the way she looks and is behaving I think we may have had a win. I wont get too excited but at this point i feel a sense of relief. Cheers Slowdown
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 7:53am
nice to here she still doing well for both you and her foal.
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 8:03am
Thanks Furious. She is pretty tough. Must that front running stayer in her......
PhillipC View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhillipC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 10:46am
Good news Slowdown.  Hope she continues to improve :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>