Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Voila Ici

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oldflight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Voila Ici
    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 12:43am

OK before everybody pours scorn on me and the horse Voila Ici lets start with some known facts.

The horse does not care about any of us and I am old and crusty so care is a forgotten emotion.

I tripped over this bloke on the studbook and remembered him running for Moody and leading all the way in the 2012 Underwood (bit of a weak year) and getting rundown by Ocean Park in the last 50m.

Was not however aware of his transfer to Shae Eden and Saab Husan and subsequent runs. I Looked at his races in Europe very genuine and tuff, never been a fan of Italian form but he beat some good horses.

So other than being from a dying sire line that was destroyed reputation wise in Australia by Grey Swallow and Mr Sutton, not commercial, I am going to have a look at him
oldflight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oldflight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 1:09pm
End of post should have read

as the Bride and I are driving through SA next month.
I remember him as being neat with a nice length of rein and refined head maybe 15.2 in big shoes
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 1:58pm
Nothing to contribute, sorry, but I've thoroughly enjoyed your post with my sandwich - thanks!!
I do vaguely remember the horse. Small, neat...rings a bell ...
Will look forward to following this. Happy travels to you and the Bride
oldflight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote oldflight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 4:45pm
So I have found out why not a lot of mares or interest in Voila Ici, the mares to go to him must be very strong winded and able to swim.
He is located on Kangaroo Island.
The Bride is still keen as we both love KI but time is against us.
So a multiple Group stay Stallion with GR1 form in Australia ends up on KI??
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 6:50pm
Well oldflight we sell all the unwanted mares to Asia and loose countless bloodlines that way also.  As Australians only want the latest and greatest so a sireline or femaleline which was the sales headline act in say 2000 by 2010 are out the window for the next.  Probably closer to 15 years but you get the drift.
oldflight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldflight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 12:28pm
Voila Ici, I spoke to Dave Huxtable at Empress Park and he, his family, their horses including Voila Ici all survived the fires the photos he sent a horrendous. It would have been very scary, the Bride and I were heading over to KI to have a look and inject a bit of money into the local economy, but the Bride works in an aged care facility (no not looking after me) and she is high risk cov19 and her employer has asked her not to travel and be available for extra shifts if others nurses go down with the virus. So no holiday for Baz ill just go over the road to the beach and have a swim instead. 
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 12:31pm
Well, a few of us here hope to go to KI Cup next year.  Maybe we can get up a group if the virus stuff has settled down by then ??
animals before people.
oldflight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldflight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 12:55pm
I'm in,
the Bride and I will dust the sand off our collective Bottoms and be there!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 1:48pm
OK,,,see how things go with the virus.   Will PM you some info we looked at.
animals before people.
niki View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 12:57am
No runners yet?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 9:40pm
Still keen on the K I Cup if covid ever lets us plan something.
animals before people.
oldflight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldflight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 5:21pm
Hi AA 
Sure am close to finishing this wind and solar farm in Port Augusta, so the Bride nd I will be spending a couple of weeks on KI at completion 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 5:32pm
Lucky You !   I hope maybe 2022 we can do the Cup. 
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply