Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Unisex Toilets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unisex Toilets
    Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:11am
As most maybe aware the ALP Andrews government in Victoria are proposing to introduce unisex toilets in government schools. A couple of comments I could make, 
they need only plant a few trees at the rear of the schoolyard for the boys 
unisex toilets will never work as boys will have no issue with them, but girls just won't stand for it .

WinkWink
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:18am
The boys will soon get over it. Anyone who has had anything to do with toilets(restaurants etc) knows what pigsties the girls toilets are.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:23am
Unfortunately I agree totally PT, women's public toilets are disgusting! I do however battle with unisex toilets anywhere that is not a single cubicle.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:26am
The Parrot doesn't much fancy unisex toilets.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:47am
I would not like my daughter to be forced to use a Unisex toilet. Call me old fashioned if you wish.
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:48am
How is this social development a step forward for society ?
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:51am
I can still remember (vaguely) the days of busy pubs/clubs. The girls seemed to have no issues dodging the huge line at the Ladies to nip into the Gents. When you gotta go you gotta go. Big deal.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 12:00pm

PM Morrison bans unisex toilets in memory of Engadine Maccas

By  |  |

In a major setback for transgender rights, Prime Minister Scott Morrison today placed a blanket ban on unisex toilets in Australia.

From the 1st of October, according to a Morrison Government press release, no Government department, business, house, flat, studio apartment or bush outhouse will be permitted to allow transgender people to use the same toilet as “normal” people.

In a press conference on Monday, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said this was a victory for all quiet, threatened and slightly scared Australians who had never progressed beyond the anal stage of psychosexual development.

The Labor Party criticised the decision with Anthony Albanese saying the policy announcement followed the usual process: the PM being told what to do by rightwing nutjobs in the media. more...

https://independentaustralia.net/life/life-display/pm-morrisons-blanket-ban-on-unisex-toilets-in-memory-of-engadine-maccas,13069

TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 3:45pm
Funny this has been brought up, I seen online a few days ago how a mother went off at a transsexual for using the ladies toilet while her young daughter was in there, the transsexual was built like Arnie

I'm sure in the future 3 to 5 lots of toilets will be available

Call me old fashioned but it's either male or female toilets

Not a fan of unisex toilets
EAD
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 3:48pm
The toilet inside your own house is unisex is it not?
I’m of the generation that still goes outside to wee on the lemon tree when it’s raining.
They don’t make them like that anymore
This space has been intentionally left blank
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 3:51pm
Prime Minister and evangelical Scott Morrison has today used the power vested to him as Prime Minister of the week to issue a proclamation that nobody in his house is allowed to use the unisex toilet adjoining the spare bedroom. Calling the Caroma Uniset liberal propaganda, Mr Morrison warned that anyone caught within five metres of the guest room en-suite would be damned to the fires of an eternal hell.

“It’s just not fair dinkum” Morrison explained to his wife as she urgently hopped back and forth on the balls of her feet. “I’m afraid from now on you’re just going to have to use the women’s bathroom at the park down the road, or hold it in until we visit the mall on Sundays.”

Morrison however was quick to clarify that his stance was in no way related to bigotry against women nor was it linked to his deep-seated hatred of trans people. “I’m simply focusing on the things that matter to fair dinkum everyday working Australian families.” explained Morrison, while frantically checking Chris Ulhman’s twitter to see if he is happy with how the country is being run. “I know that if I were a citizen of this country seeing a growing climate disaster, an economy in recession, a housing crisis, China on the brink of civil war, and our largest military ally being run by an insane geriaric who thinks we should nuke hurricanes, what these people want to see is the Prime Minister of the country addressing the fringe concerns about a sign on a bathroom in parliament house designed to make a minority group feel included. That’s why I’m Prime Minister of this country. That and the fact that the alternative was Peter Dutton.”

“Anyway, gotta run to the MENS bathroom. Wouldn’t want a repeat of Engadine Maccas again, would we?”
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 6:15pm
I grew up in a family of seven.  One dunny.  3 females and 4 males.  The girls complained about our aim but otherwise once the dunny came inside from out the back there wasn't a lot to complain about. 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 7:02pm
How bad were outdoor dunnies? 20m walk in the middle of the night rain hail or shine and the smell when you opened the door. Lucky the sh1t cart used to call on us daily to empty the dunny cans. Some didn't have that luxury and had to bury their own. Sick
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 7:07pm
Used to get high on the fumes of the phenyle after it was emptied and disinfected. if you went just after it was emptied.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 7:08pm
If any of those aged dunnie blokes are still around they're very welcome to come on board here and clean up following posts by the Doc, Bob etc.  Thumbs Up
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 7:14pm
I still have one on the farm.  No 'night man' though.  It was built over a 12 foot pit about 40 years ago and hasn't been touched since.  It is getting pretty rickety and since seeing the start of Slumdog Millionaire, I have reservations about using it.  

Fortunately in the bush the world is your toilet.  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 7:33pm
My parents house still has the old outhouse and laundry in the backyard.
Now that my brother has taken ownership, he’s had it all renovated and plumbed in.
It’s his mancave
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 8:10pm
Serious question - would we be a happier animal species if we all became the same sex ? No male or female bits at all - just scrap all of that & just have sex with ourselves. Then stage 2 would be to all be the same colour - white , brown or black - we could vote on it maybe ( brown would win of course). Then stage 3 would be to have all the same features - including height & body shape. Stage 4 would be to standardise intelligence - i mean we cant have anyone slightly smarter than the next person can we. If we achieved all that - what would we ever have to winge about - especially after we redistribute every bodies wealth so we are all exactly equal financially. No no need for marriage, education, sport, arts -because we are all exactly the same. Sounds appealing doesn't it ? 
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

If any of those aged dunnie blokes are still around they're very welcome to come on board here and clean up following posts by the Doc, Bob etc.  Thumbs Up

Turn it up SC, I started this threadWink
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 8:29pm
Not even sure Unisex toilets would stack up financially. Maybe in a one out type situation - however i would have assumed the mens urinal would become a thing of the past - resulting in the need for more expensive cubicles.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 9:10pm
They do have female urinals in some countries
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by crooked_gambler crooked_gambler wrote:

Surely the females would not stand for thatWink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 9:18pm
Must say that's a good line Bob. Smile
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by crooked_gambler crooked_gambler wrote:

What - women & blokes standing next to each other ? Gee i'd have to change my conversation lines - ""hows it hanging" , "bloody cold there hey buddy" , "good to splash the boots"....................
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:13pm
Without wanting to be crude Crooked - how does that actually work with the girls ?Disposable funnels or something ?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:21pm
I've always found Public Toilets social sorts of places. Tend to strike up conversations that you would normally do outside them. Now women want to come along & spoil that as well. Typical
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:22pm
oops - "not do""
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:24pm
They’re in a separate room.
If you just google female urinals, an image should come up to give you an idea of how t works.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:28pm
Ok - thanks Crooked. But if there in a separate room how are they Unisex toilets ?Seems a bit hit & miss to me - pardon the pun !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:53pm
They aren’t unisex, was just saying that some places, like airports etc have these urinals to make the queues for a Cubicle smaller. Females can go in and out without having to get undressed etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>