Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

US TENNIS OPEN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: US TENNIS OPEN
    Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 10:26am
Having just watched the final of the US Tennis Womans Final I cannot believe the bias and bad sportsmanship of the US crowd. Sure, they wanted Williams to win, but they even resorted to cheering when Andreescu served a fault.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 10:29am
It was pretty bad, continuing into the presentation.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 11:05am
Racist fans
EAD
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 11:17am
When does the men's final start? I thought the finals were at night but if the women's is already over that can't be right.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 11:29am
Probably tomorrow morning. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 11:30am
6:00 AM on SBS
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:22am
Margaret Court remains the GOAT.Big smile
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 6:11am
Serena got outplayed by a lady
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:12pm
Incredible match. Medvedev is the successor to the old guys. I've waited a long, long time to see one but he is it. Could take one more year.

Simon Cameron

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 6:35pm
The US open Finals were superb.      The form ran true for those who punched above their market expectation , throughout the lead up matches.

A few who faltered from the 1st round , finally not making the final , included , Federer, Barty , Halep , "The Twin " .     
Both Finals were made up of very consistent Players who thoroughly deserved their positions.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 6:49pm
Although I might cop a bit of flack, I do not believe Ash Barty will remain No 1 much longer, and sadly, like Stozur, she might only be a "one slam wonder.".
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

The US open Finals were superb.      The form ran true for those who punched above their market expectation , throughout the lead up matches.

A few who faltered from the 1st round , finally not making the final , included , Federer, Barty , Halep , "The Twin " .     
Both Finals were made up of very consistent Players who thoroughly deserved their positions.

Hard to believe that our Nick beat Medvedev at their last 2 meetings. But that was 3 set tennis and that's Kyrgios's go. Nick's best chance of winning grand slams is a sex change.

Simon Cameron

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Although I might cop a bit of flack, I do not believe Ash Barty will remain No 1 much longer, and sadly, like Stozur, she might only be a "one slam wonder.".  

Little worse than someone who seeks to damn a champion with faint praise.  Dead

Yes she may not win another major, however you can bet your bottom dollar she'll be competitive at the top level for quite some years yet, and possesses the nous to quit when she's had enough. 

ps there are well over 50 one-slam wonders in tennis, so she and Stosur hardly stand alone.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 7:13pm
She might go alright when she gives away the doubles to concentrate on singles.

Beaten in a US Open final yesterday, won it last year.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 1:40am
Very competitive is the Ladies Tennis ....   FYI a record I'd say =
Andreescu who won the ladies title was a gold mine from a betting point , during this season ...   $ 100 on when fav or $50 when not , shows a profit of $1900 .     That is despite being out on 2 occasions for 2 months with injuries.
The same betting on Djokovic had you losing.
   Medvedev was another highly profitable conveyance for the season ( so far.) He is going places , but his mate Krigios's temperament will only see him go backwards . ( talent wasted )
Barty is in good profit,   but I agree she doesn't have the power to match Williams , Andreescu & Co.     The open winner at just 19 will be unbeatable , providing her multiple injuries don't worsen.
The Tennis is about the best betting proposition going around ,   Needs some homework but more reliable than the rest.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 1:52am

Although I might cop a bit of flack, I do not believe Ash Barty will remain No 1 much longer, and sadly, like Stozur, she might only be a "one slam wonder.".<div id="UMS_TOOLTIP" style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px;">
   I agree Bob, Barty seems to struggle in too many matches. >For all that she is a profitable punt.
Stosur has a poor backhand & the better players work her out , She is best suited at the provincials now days.
I'm expecting Belinda Bencic to lift , next time up.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 8:59am
Still think serena needs to be gelded

Barty will battle on, has a big heart but she will struggle to win the slams with so much talent around in the women's game
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:03am
Ashleigh Barty grand slam record.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Yes she may not win another major, however you can bet your bottom dollar she'll be competitive at the top level for quite some years yet, and possesses the nous to quit when she's had enough. 

ps there are well over 50 one-slam wonders in tennis, so she and Stosur hardly stand alone.

SC, I am a realist.  Barty is a great role model for younger tennis players and will continue to give her all to win matches but I doubt, with so many women players of equal ability on the tennis circuit, she will retain that No 1 for much longer and find it difficult to win another grand slam event.

ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:43am

Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

<div id="UMS_TOOLTIP" style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px;">

SC, I am a realist.  Barty is a great role model for younger tennis players and will continue to give her all to win matches but I doubt, with so many women players of equal ability on the tennis circuit, she will retain that No 1 for much longer and find it difficult to win another grand slam event.

She has a significant lead in the YTD points total. With no more grand slams and only a couple more of the top level tournaments left there is a good chance she holds the #1 ranking for a while yet. Year end #1 likely comes down to the year end championship.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:48am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:50am
$US 5,995,292 YTD Prizemoney not too shabby.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:16am
That’s the rolling 12 month rankings. Lead is bigger on the YTD race.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

That’s the rolling 12 month rankings. Lead is bigger on the YTD race.

Deserves it too Sir .    Fascinating to do the tennis stats , Opens the eyes to some very relevant facts .

Barty has the enviable record this season of having started fav on 52 occasions , 2nd choice in only 4 .... A punters dream , showing a 700 unit profit.

Medledev 54/13 for 450 profit. Full of merit.

Andreescu topped the punt, of course . with 31/14 for over 1800 profit, but injury set backs had her at longer prices in a terrific rise to fame.

We can do worse than having a stable of these reliable conveyances .
Avoid the real short prices as too many get beaten.
I note, most of the Champions at the usual prohibitive odds, fail to be high on the list as betting propositions.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 2:55am
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 10:24am
Thanks for that Macca. Maria has always been one of my favorite sporting gals. She has legs that don't stop. LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 10:30am
Refer ALP Election Promises
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 5:15pm
Keep the "peter meter" in the trousers , oneone.    Those ladies that set you alight, are dangerous cattle .

I wonder how many Apoplectic events they have caused by their sheer beauty.

If I knew where Sharapova. ( you know what )   > I'd go and roll in it .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Keep the "peter meter" in the trousers , oneone.    Those ladies that set you alight, are dangerous cattle .

I wonder how many Apoplectic events they have caused by their sheer beauty.

If I knew where Sharapova. ( you know what )   > I'd go and roll in it .

Maxie, oneone be careful what you post as PT, being politically correct, will jump all over you both. 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 7:42pm
Congrats Bob, almost certainly the first pointless, dikhead post in an otherwise excellent thread.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>