Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Welcome Baghdad Bob

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welcome Baghdad Bob
    Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 12:28pm
I would just like to take this opportunity to welcome Baghdad to this end of the village. Often maligned by the racing types as a cesspit of deviates - its great to have your contribution. Now I am not suggesting you will always be intellectually challenged down this end - first to admit we carry a fair few mental lightweights. However, you will always get a diverse discussion on pretty much any topic. Usually not as single focused as those up that way. Just a few tips ;
  *  enter at your own risk after midnight (we have gone on to lose a few during these hours)
  *  take a break over the xmas period (brings out the worst in the loners / grey blanket types)
  *  spend time getting to learn the different clans. Basically 2 - PTs & Dr E's. As a general rule the latter are considered a bit more astute (& practical).
  *  try to garnish ground level support before going out on a limb. Can be a long way down if pushed
  *  try treating the dopes with respect. Not much to be gained treating them like punching bags

& finally - always keep an eye out for the famous TBV "sucker punch". Usually just around the corner of every active thread.

Cheers Bob 
Refer ALP Election Promises
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 12:45pm
Keep moving forward.
Dont look back, leave that to the bitter and twisted.
Usually those with the sucker punch are those who have been here the longest and are VERY territorial or possessive. And have a need to rally their troops to their cause.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 12:59pm
Oneonesit, thanks for that inside running, I already gathered there were different clans. The other day when I commented on something PT had posted , within minutes a few came off the interchange bench to support PT and bag me.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 1:02pm
And never try to argue politics with PT because it doesnt matter what you say, or what side you agree with, he will shoot you down, even if you agree with Himself Thumbs DownEvery so often someone pops in and agrees with him, but he is so busy shooting the rest down in flames he misses it and  puts them in the same boat as the masses.

animals before people.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 1:03pm
Exactly Baghdad. I feel your pain  LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

And never try to argue politics with PT because it doesnt matter what you say, or what side you agree with, he will shoot you down, even if you agree with Himself Thumbs DownEvery so often someone pops in and agrees with him, but he is so busy shooting the rest down in flames he misses it and  puts them in the same boat as the masses.

Country or Western? Just so I know which side to oppose. LOL
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 1:27pm
One very astute man is Baghdad Bob imo, I dropped a horses name her quite a while back that raced over 50 years ago and he replied with a comment that was oh so true and classical, when it comes to racing he hides his light under a bushel that's for sure.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 1:53pm
Wont matter if I pick Country OR Western, you will go the opposite way !!  Big smile
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 2:01pm
It would be a boring old forum if we just had Doc or oneone leading the circle activity with everyone chanting ''Go WINX'' and nobody injecting any challenging views.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

It would be a boring old forum if we just had Doc or oneone leading the circle activity with everyone chanting ''Go WINX'' and nobody injecting any challenging views.

I drop in occasionally on the (forlorn) hope that civilisation has reached the site...

that goes for both sides...the same old arguments are still being trotted out by the same old (brainwashed) participants.

Please...just for fun...how about changing sides...

Ouch
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

I would just like to take this opportunity to welcome Baghdad to this end of the village. Often maligned by the racing types as a cesspit of deviates - its great to have your contribution. Now I am not suggesting you will always be intellectually challenged down this end - first to admit we carry a fair few mental lightweights. However, you will always get a diverse discussion on pretty much any topic. Usually not as single focused as those up that way. Just a few tips ;
  *  enter at your own risk after midnight (we have gone on to lose a few during these hours)
  *  take a break over the xmas period (brings out the worst in the loners / grey blanket types)
  *  spend time getting to learn the different clans. Basically 2 - PTs & Dr E's. As a general rule the latter are considered a bit more astute (& practical).
  *  try to garnish ground level support before going out on a limb. Can be a long way down if pushed
  *  try treating the dopes with respect. Not much to be gained treating them like punching bags

& finally - always keep an eye out for the famous TBV "sucker punch". Usually just around the corner of every active thread.

Cheers Bob 
LOLClap

I think Bob has the gist of it, but this would be a fair disclaimer for anyone who ventured off the narrow path!

I would just make one correction/clarification, and that is that I am not of one "tribe" or another ... my comments are explicitly those of an impartial observer ... I am always open to correction in the extremely rare case where i may have misspoken, and I am mostly supportive of honest researched posts ... where as PT is a self confessed fibber, and his mini mes lap it up.Big smile
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 6:25pm
*fibber = injecter of challenging viewsWink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 6:26pm
I walk our dog twice daily, and always carry a paper bag to collect and dispose of his cr@p.

Might suggest Horlicks adopt a similar procedure after viewing many of the Doc's posts.  Big smile
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

I walk our dog twice daily, and always carry a paper bag to collect and dispose of his cr@p.

Might suggest Horlicks adopt a similar procedure after viewing many of the Doc's posts.  Big smile

Some good advice SC.

Get a Dog that only shxts once a day.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 7:07pm
Good idea buying a dog SC - saves you having to crap on the sidewalk.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 7:23pm

At that time the only person here is Doc frenetically posting to himself Confused
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 7:39pm

Doc has to find some time to get sensible conversation.

Edited by horlicks - 29 Aug 2019 at 7:44pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 2:03pm
Anything doing in here?
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 2:35pm
I have just got back from the confessional box at Mass, although that I am not Catholic, nor have been baptized any religion.

That should get you going PT, what do you think ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 2:51pm
If you didn't have a clean slate this morning Bob you do now and they can't dob you in for any crime you confess, not that I think you committed any, but if you did.... 

How good is confession? Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 2:07pm
Bump
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 6:08pm
Blinkers 1st time
EAD
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 6:14pm
I can't go to confession.

No clergy to spare for 3 months.
 Post Reply Post Reply