Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Passing Through

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Passing Through
    Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 11:40am
I have just noticed Passing Through has been a member of TRV since 2013 and has racked up 35,577 points as a prolific poster, I joined in 2010 and have managed to scrape up 2,100 points, good on PT, however every recent post PT has made on Trump,Alan Jones, Folau, Pell, Morrison, HK protestors are less than positive,even negative,  PT's only positive posts in recent times have been about "Elbow", KK and Jacinta Ardern , am I reading too much into his postings or am I just a cynic believing that PT has a hidden agenda ? I will admit on the Ashes he takes the middle ground.Wink
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 11:46am
What do you think about Dr E’s post about Gai?
Is this a positive or negative thread?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 11:48am
so you have opinions Bob, right leaning always, but PT has an agenda.Confused

Truly pathetic attack Thumbs Down
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 11:49am
Why not go the whole hog and conduct a thorough review of all our frequent posters? Confused
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 11:54am
If you said anything positive about Trump or Jones or Folau you would be lying. Positive thing to say about Morrison ... ah, um ... he's not Dutton.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 11:55am
So the interchange have come off the bench to support PT ?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 11:58am
Another bloke, Browndog had a similar number of post I aspire to match and surpass him...my only agenda.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 11:58am
PT and I disagree on many things. He can't be right all the time.Wink

Simon Cameron

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

So the interchange have come off the bench to support PT ?

I am sure Doc, oneone and Macca will be along shortly to support you Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 12:07pm
If a data scientist looked at this forum the main thing that he/she would notice is how little interest there is in horse racing compared to Trump or Pell or Folau etc.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

so you have opinions Bob, right leaning always, but PT has an agenda.Confused

Truly pathetic attack Thumbs Down

What do you think I might post positive about Black Gangs in Melbourne, the Victorian Judicial System or even Daniel Andrews ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

If a data scientist looked at this forum the main thing that he/she would notice is how little interest there is in horse racing compared to Trump or Pell or Folau etc.

Everyone has migrated to the bowels of the forum.   
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

That is something on which we agree, this forum, like a few other racing on-line forums, have become more about politics, social commentary etc, than racing.This probably reflects the overall lack of interest people have in racing to what they had in the past.Racing, as a sport, is no longer what it once was.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 12:42pm
Isnt the diversity of tbv also reflected in the new advertising?
Surely the owners dont care, just that they get eyes, and it attracts advertisers which bring in the dollars.
Isnt it about growth?

THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN PUNTING....

and anyway, that can be bad for your health.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 12:45pm
PT is the strongest contributor to the entire forum.

He does plenty of copy and paste jobs, from dodgy sources, however that is okay, because he also makes the effort to write his own thoughts.

He doesnt support Hong Kong being Pro-Democratic, yet he supports the Democrat party in America. Huh???

Its obviously questionable how is leans towards Communist China, and Communism in general.
In Europe alone, Communism has killed over 80 million people.

He thinks Trump is more evil than Pol Pot and Stalin.
How many people has Trump killed???

Pol Pot murdered 2 million people.

PT also has a bizarre habit of even supporting North Korea with polluted enslaved Communist China.

Trump would have to invade a dozens countries and kill about 100 million people, before he even remotely comes close to the evils of Communism.

And that wont happen, because Trump doesnt want to play golf during a Nuclear Winter. He likes his global golf courses green.

But oh, Trump having a hobby like golf, is also apparently evil.
PT's world is an interesting one.

Oh, Churches are bad too. And the climate is changing. But what is it changing into??

However in saying all of this, he remains the best contributor on the site.

So for that, we are eternally grateful.

Image result for communist fist

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 1:12pm
Oh shucks Embarrassed
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 1:19pm
I can just picture PT as a young bloke.   Flag waving hippy protesting about everything going. 
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

He does plenty of copy and paste jobs, from dodgy sources, however that is okay, because he also makes the effort to write his own thoughts.

He doesnt support Hong Kong being Pro-Democratic, yet he supports the Democrat party in America. Huh???

Its obviously questionable how is leans towards Communist China, and Communism in general.
In Europe alone, Communism has killed over 80 million people.

He thinks Trump is more evil than Pol Pot and Stalin.
How many people has Trump killed???

Pol Pot murdered 2 million people.

PT also has a bizarre habit of even supporting North Korea with polluted enslaved Communist China.

Trump would have to invade a dozens countries and kill about 100 million people, before he even remotely comes close to the evils of Communism.

And that wont happen, because Trump doesnt want to play golf during a Nuclear Winter. He likes his global golf courses green.

But oh, Trump having a hobby like golf, is also apparently evil.
PT's world is an interesting one.

Oh, Churches are bad too. And the climate is changing. But what is it changing into??

However in saying all of this, he remains the best contributor on the site.

So for that, we are eternally grateful.

Image result for communist fist

That is what is called a backhand compliment.Wink
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Irony Meter GIF - Irony Meter Silver GIFs
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 1:22pm
What is more interesting is that I have racked up 27,000 + posts with expressing an original opinion Smile
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 1:24pm
Another interesting thought, what would we be doing of the internet did not exist, letters to the editor ?
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 1:26pm
Dunno about you but I would get a lot more house work done Smile
animals before people.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 1:56pm

Another interesting thought, what would we be doing of the internet did not exist, letters to the editor ?

Imagine it! You’d have Doc & Fiddles & JBE all running down to the post office 5 times a day with a fist full of envelopes ready to be posted!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 2:18pm
At least it would've been affordable back then, for the Average Joe & quicker too LOL
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 2:21pm

What is more interesting is that I have racked up 27,000 + posts without expressing an original opinion Smile
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Another bloke, Browndog had a similar number of post I aspire to match and surpass him...my only agenda.
Bit like comparing an apple with an apple !
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 5:53pm
One day I am hoping that someone starts up a "Oneonesit" thread. Rusty reckons I could be waiting for a while. Mind you, i did appreciate the PM from Whale the other day asking how he might improve his contributions  Thumbs Up
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 5:55pm
I did like Redemption's post above- classic !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 5:57pm
I'm predicting this thread will end up in the Laundry Basket - alongside some other quality threads  LOL
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 6:07pm
Had forgotten about the Laundry Basket.
Some gold in there
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>