Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

I Am a Racist.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Am a Racist.
    Posted: 18 Sep 2023 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Haven't followed the Ben Simmons thing after seeing the accusation at Crown last week, but note that the usual suspects, Rita Panihi, Steve Price Campbell Brown are piling on him.
And they ended up being pretty close to the mark LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2023 at 6:51pm
Did Ronald Suimpson do time with Les Bridge ?
reductio ad absurdum
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2023 at 6:36pm
Whatever happened to Isaac? He/she seemed nice.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2023 at 6:30pm
I searched for 'racist' & it's all that came up LOL  is there a more appropriate one you can guide me to? Confused
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2023 at 6:20pm
LOL

What on earth made you think this thread was appropriate?
reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2023 at 5:08pm
What a breath of fresh air in such politically bloody correct times!

Proud Simpson to bring "Black Magic" to Brisbane

Ronald Simpson is looking to bring the "Black Magic" to Brisbane, with the apprentice hoop set to make the move north following a Sunshine Coast double on Sunday.

The Brewarrina product is proud of his Indigenous heritage and has enjoyed a week-long stint with champion trainer Tony Gollan in what was a fact finding mission.

Simpson lives in Dubbo and works for local trainer Clint Lundholm, but the 23-year-old's country claim is on the verge of running out.

The jockey has grown a cult following in the area thanks to his nickname and says he loves what it means to him.

"They call me Ronnie or Ron, but I have a nickname of Black Magic and I love it," Simpson said.

"I'm Aboriginal and it suits me, so I changed all my social media to Black Magic, it has been good.

"I go to the races and everyone knows me by Black Magic, some people might think it's a racist thing but I am happy they call me it because it makes me proud.

"It gives me more motivation when I hear it, I think about my people back home and want to do them proud as well."

Simpson will fly back to Dubbo on Monday with stars in his eyes after working for Gollan and says he is keen to return to Brisbane.

The young hoop had three rides for the champion trainer and booted home two winners at the Sunshine Coast on Sunday, putting the icing on top of his week.

"I am going close to outriding my claim in the country, so the boss has decided to let me go somewhere for three months on loan because it will be better for me in the long run to show my ability with some of the bigger trainers," Simpson added.

"He organised with Tony Gollan, who was happy to take me on for a week, so I came up to check it out and get some insight as to how it runs up here.

"I will fly home (on Monday), but once everything is organised I think I will move back here (to Brisbane) around the end of the month.

"I can't thank Tony enough for giving me the opportunity, it has been a real eye opener, but he has gone out of his way to give me some opportunities, I got three rides (on Sunday) and two went really well.

"It has opened some doors for me and put my name out there a bit in Brisbane, I really can't thank him enough."

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 11:52am
Culture warriors
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 11:48am
Mr shouty, abusive, confected outrage Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

does it matter ?

If it was a Basketball Australia organised camp, wouldn't they have a view if kids were denied their opportunity to be with their hero?

Seems from the little I have seen that ''send Simmons back to America'' Alan Jones et al(usual suspects) seems to be source of the negativity.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 11:31am
I wonder if Ben gave the rich kiddies instruction on taking jump shots? That would have been interesting.LOL
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 11:31am
does it matter ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 11:24am
Who received the $200 from the camp?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 11:24am
urchins, what an archaic, emotive word LOL

that's life, most people don't get what they want, why would the "urchins" expect contact with Simmons ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 11:21am
I noticed Media watch's diversion last night too. And now yours.Wink

The only question is how many of the urchins Ben left heartbroken. The Murdoch says 1000 or some ginormous number: Media Watch's "spy" says 15.

Simon Cameron

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

The story was about filthy rich Ben's treatment of the poor little hoi polloi urchins who couldn't afford $200.Cry

so you think rich people are  undeserving, despicable types , such overt jealousy Confused

he is a pauper compared to the Catholic Church which you constantly defend
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 11:18am
I think he put in a fair day's work. Maybe he was in a rush to get to his post at the soup kitchen , cause every poor person in Australia is his responsibility Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 11:14am
The story was about filthy rich Ben's treatment of the poor little hoi polloi urchins who couldn't afford $200.Cry

Simon Cameron

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 11:12am
Just looking for something to criticise a successful person I think Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 11:10am

Yes they did. Do you begrudge them being able to afford $200 or don't think Simmons should receive any money?
Your envy is showing Ouch

Just pointing out that his treatment of the $200 kiddies was not the issue, was it?Wink

Simon Cameron

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 11:04am
Yes they did. Do you begrudge them being able to afford $200 or don't think Simmons should receive any money?
Your envy is showing Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 10:54am

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

I thought he was pretty poor when he ducked out a back door to avoid fans who had waited hours to see him, after he attended a clinic that cost $200 per person.   What harm in walking out the front door and smiling at the fans while they took pics ??   Not all fans can afford $200 to see him up close and personal, and its not like he is hurting for a dollar Clown

The reporter who wrote the story was not even at the event.
Parents and kids who attended were thrilled,Simmons devoted so much attention to them all day, couldn't have done more. So easy to knock a success just because he is.
He was wrong with the Crown tweet though

You mean the $200 mob got their moneys worth?

Simon Cameron

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

I thought he was pretty poor when he ducked out a back door to avoid fans who had waited hours to see him, after he attended a clinic that cost $200 per person.   What harm in walking out the front door and smiling at the fans while they took pics ??   Not all fans can afford $200 to see him up close and personal, and its not like he is hurting for a dollar Clown

The reporter who wrote the story was not even at the event.
Parents and kids who attended were thrilled,Simmons devoted so much attention to them all day, couldn't have done more. So easy to knock a success just because he is.
He was wrong with the Crown tweet though
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 5:32am
Ted Bullpit, Kingswood Country was the best show, he was awesome and everyone loved it, even the Italians and Greeks, these days though, too many PTs in the world who would cry foul
EAD
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 8:50pm
LOL

I miss Rodney Rude ... he hated racism ... and wogs!
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 4:14pm
We weren't racist in our house when I was young but my dad put the black and white telly in different rooms.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 3:42pm
Shouldn't you be in the China thread condemning the Liberal Party Isaac?

Free promotion for you. You are welcome.Thumbs Up
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 3:35pm
pt acquiescing...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 3:32pm
Not being Italian and not being from a famous high profile New York political family we may not see it in the same context he does. That guy certainly caught him on the wrong day though.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 3:23pm

I think the guy was being a jerk to @chriscuomo, and I certainly understand Cuomo getting pissed, but there's just no way calling someone Fredo Corleone is like the n-word. There just isn't. That's plain nuts.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 1:54pm
Even Sean. Shocked

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>