Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Everest 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombers41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 3:26pm
If they go hard up front - which you'd think they will - I really feel Alizee can run right over the top of them. Shes really good at Randwick, has won over the 1200 there and if she gets the chance to balance up and have the last shot at them she'll be storming home. 12/1 decent value also
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 3:31pm
Jeez how cold is it today in the bleak city? Gai looks like she's in Siberia.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 5:13pm
Trekking to finish over the top of them off a hot pace.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 5:21pm
Tough watch if you were on Santa.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 5:25pm
It’s a race without group one status and without a soul. It will never be the race they want it to be.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 5:29pm
I think it is a good race, but it will never have the same allure of the Melbourne Cup.

As soon as they crossed the line they were asking how much the winner was worth at stud.

Good luck to the owners and connections , but to me it is just another group 1 sprint race, nothing outstanding.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 5:29pm
Congratulations to the winner , what an awful watch Classique Legend, seen more bums than Clarke Gable everywhere he went.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 5:31pm
I was looking at Bossy's rides today leading into this and they were terrible so had a sneaking suspicion he would win on the first chance he had. What's he got to to do to get a decent book?

Simon Cameron

TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 7:21pm
Yes Yes Yes had a gun run, good ride

Santa was stiff

Trekking ran great

Nature Strip ran huge considering all the work he did at the start

EAD
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 7:37pm
Agree on all points Tiger.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 7:39pm
Apparently all it takes is a colt winning and the race automatically becomes a stallion making race.

"There was a question mark over was this a stallion-making race and this colt has gone and beaten the best horses in Australia," Magnier said.

""It's a stallion-making race now."
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I was looking at Bossy's rides today leading into this and they were terrible so had a sneaking suspicion he would win on the first chance he had. What's he got to to do to get a decent book?

I didn't notice his win in race 1.Beat the $1.95 favourite. So that means, I think, Boss had 2 rides at single figure odds and won them both - at $8 & $9.

The other rides :

$41 place
$41
$31
$26
$18
$13

Simon Cameron

monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 9:09pm
how is it a stallion making race if it isn’t even Listed class. Back away Tom.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 9:16pm
It isn't a stallion making race, however, it has made the horse a future stallion off the back of winning it
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 9:55pm
This might be a little disrespectful for some older memebrs, but I am just saying.

If winning a 1200m 2yo race, and then not winning anything else in your career (Marscay, Rory's Jester, Marauding and Star Watch)gives you a leg up to be standing at stud, then this race certainly qualifies.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 10:00pm
This race to be taken seriously needs group status otherwise it's just a big money race and that is all.
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by monty1 monty1 wrote:

how is it a stallion making race if it isn’t even Listed class. Back away Tom.

Group classifications are only for the benefit of the uneducated or ignorant. Unnecessary for a race that the whole racing world knows is the top sprint race in Australia.

Simon Cameron

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 10:14pm
How close would Ten Sovereigns have got in the race before the Everest, The Sydney Stakes ? 
reductio ad absurdum
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 10:17pm
About tenth
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 10:20pm
He was beaten 5 lengths in the Everest and would have run faster time than the winner of the Sydney Stakes. 
reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

This might be a little disrespectful for some older memebrs, but I am just saying.

If winning a 1200m 2yo race, and then not winning anything else in your career (Marscay, Rory's Jester, Marauding and Star Watch)gives you a leg up to be standing at stud, then this race certainly qualifies.

How so?...if it's fact it's not being disrespectful in my eyes, it will go on till the sun stops shining imo, bird in the hand worth two in the bush and all that .
Overseer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Overseer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 10:57pm
Classique Legend was a moral beat - he has to be hard to beat in the Golden Eagle
Watch the commission go on
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 10:59pm

Place

Horse

Jockey

Comment

1st

YES YES YES

Glen Boss

I had a very good plan in my head what I wanted to do and Chris (Waller) was in my corner how I wanted to ride the horse. I just wanted to be behind the grey horse (Classique Legend), somewhere around Nash, that was my plan. He was taking me everywhere I wanted to go and when I peeled out three wide on the turn, when I asked him, his turn of speed was Group I quality only. Gee he sprinted quickly and his sectional will back that up. He was off and gone, he was like a startled gazelle. He was electric. That is an experience. I promise you that is one hell of an experience. You get here, you stand on the blocks for 100m and you have to get gold. I swear, that is just an unbelievable experience I’ve just had there. That was very surreal.

2nd

SANTA ANA LANE

Mark Zahra

He went super. The winner surprised me a bit how quickly it went. With the weight he put a little break on me. He ran really gallant my guy but I just couldn’t reel him in.

3rd

TREKKING

Joshua Parr

That was so much fun. He ran really well - well done to the team, they prepared him in fantastic order. I’m really excited and I didn’t even win the race.

4th

NATURE STRIP

Tim Clark

Wonderful effort. Obviously, he ran them along and did a good job to be still kicking late. I just had to do a little bit of extra work early to clear them but he ran very well.

5th

PIERATA

Tommy Berry

Just got held up until probably the 200m. Once he got out he was doing his best work late but the race was all over - all the horses in front of him already had their momentum. He’s run very well.

6th

CLASSIQUE LEGEND

Nash Rawiller

I was pretty luckless. I never got a run at all when I needed it. I was in a beautiful spot down the back . When Hughie (Alizee) came up outside me it was too soon to come out and they were sort of pushing from the inside out. So I rode for luck as you would and I just didn’t get any.

7th

ALIZEE

Hugh Bowman

She was a bit free in the early stages. I was hoping to follow Yes Yes Yes but I was going to have to wrestle to follow him.  All credit to the winner, but she ran a race.

8th

REDZEL

Kerrin McEvoy

I travelled nice but I was a little bit worried as soon as we straightened. When I asked him for an effort he was just even paced. He’s shown better than what he did today but it was still a gallant run.

9th

IN HER TIME

Brenton Avdulla

The result was a little bit disappointing but I didn’t think she ran too bad. We ended up in a good spot early but midrace James (Arcadia Queen) wanted to force the issue and it just got us both out of our rhythm - we both struggled from then on.

10th

SUNLIGHT

Luke Currie

Disappointing. She was in a nice spot but didn’t come on.

11th

ARCADIA QUEEN

James McDonald

I was wrapped the way she presented. She jumped well and got into a lovely position. I got a severe check at about the 300m mark and that put her out of business. Obviously she is a mare that needs a bit of space to wind into her race.

12th

TEN SOVEREIGNS

Ryan Moore

He was disappointing. He was never comfortable.

reductio ad absurdum
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 11:01pm
Interesting choice of words from Boss about being ‘startled’ and ‘electric’ when the previous trainer got done for jiggers.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 11:05pm
LOL
reductio ad absurdum
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 11:06pm
So are you saying he would have won the consolation djebel?

I might have been a bit, dismissvie in my answer, but he would not have beaten Home Of The Brave home and he ran fourth.

However having said that, the way the consolation was run, he may have been able to sit a little closer and finish of better.

He ran well, and I would like to see him down the straight during cup week, but not sure if that will happen.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Overseer Overseer wrote:

Classique Legend was a moral beat - he has to be hard to beat in the Golden Eagle

With you there Overseer, never really got a look in , there's a nice race in this bloke before we loose him to honkers, but we knew that if he lived up to his promise.
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 12:39am
Interesting that the 1st, 3rd, and 4th horses were only added to the race in the last ten days. 
Daraabah View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daraabah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 6:22pm
The more I look at that race, the more I think the owners of Wallers other two horses wouldn’t be too happy (I wouldn't). 

He puts a 3yo with a significant weight advantage in his own slot who also took advantage of two on-pace runners from his own stable, along with Redzel, to ensure a fast run race and set it up for Yes Yes Yes, Santa Ana Lane and Trekking who all came from the back of the field. 

A master set up takes the prize this year…  

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 6:27pm
And the moon landing was shot in a film studio.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>