Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Everest 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Everest 2019
    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 1:34pm
You can tell how weak it's going to be by looking at the market. Professional G1 loser Osborne Bulls second favourite.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 2:27pm
If it’s a Wet track I’ll be backing Redzel
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 2:36pm
Are there any exciting 4yo sprinters in Australia?

Simon Cameron

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 2:51pm
Well I'd be more than happy to own any one of Sunlight, Classique Legend, Pierata or Arcadia Queen Big smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Are there any exciting 4yo sprinters in Australia?

Get out in the garden and sniff the roses you troll, beats lying on the couch.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 5:30pm
Osborne Bulls will get one one day, but his racing style means everything must go right for him.

If the track is dry, and everything is equal, Santa Ana Lane is the best horse in the race!

I am stunned the two west aussie gallopers have got a slot this early, but each to their own!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 6:01pm
I’m stunned that effectively, there is only 1 slot remaining this far out.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 10:08pm

Everest runner bypasses trial

Carl Di Iorio

One of Australia’s most promising sprinters, Classique Legend, will not appear at the Randwick trials on Monday morning.

Carmel Size, who manages the racing interests of Hong Kong-based owner Boniface Ho, tweeted on Sunday morning that the gelded son of Not a Single Doubt would remain ‘at home’ tomorrow rather than gallop over 900 metres against the likes of Sunlight, Tenley and Prince Fawaz.

For the Classique Legend fans, just to let you know he will not be trialling on Monday. He had a slight nasal discharge this morning -nothing serious but we are erring on the side of caution and will keep him at home. Horse is coming up a treat.#HorseComesFirst #Legend pic.twitter.com/bqnyUdxEI3

— Carmel...size (@carmelsize) August 11, 2019

The Les Bridge-trained Classique Legend has raced four times for three wins with prizemoney of $773,500. He claimed the G2 Arrowfield 3YO Sprint (1200m) at his most recent start on April 13 at Randwick.

Connections of Classique Legend purchased GPI Racing’s vacated Everest slot in May, ensuring their star sprinter would be prepared for the $14m 1200-metre contest at Randwick on October 19.

pnclick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnclick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 9:33am
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

I’m stunned that effectively, there is only 1 slot remaining this far out.

Same happened last year, it's a marketing ploy in my opinion to have slot holders declare there 'likely' hand and create continual headlines. 

However, as happened last year, the race makeup changed quickly in the last week or so. Nature Strip was dumped, Home of the Brave got a slot, and lost the slot, Osborne Bulls picked up that slot, Viddora got the remaining AJC slot etc... things can and will change.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 12:29pm
Osborne Bulls will run 2nd

The new Tom Melbourne 2.0
EAD
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 7:42pm
Well I reckon a 4yo will come out in early spring flying with big improvement   - not one of the usual suspects like Sunlight - she's reached her level and is not going to surprise me. All the ones I see near the top of the market are standing still - they ain't going anywhere.

All I have to do is figure out who that will be and if it get a run.

Simon Cameron

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 8:42pm
Fwiw have no quibble whatsoever about one WA lock-in, and ok with the other.  Form in the board is fine with me.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 8:25pm
Thanks djebel Thumbs Up

No slot, no worries: Chris Waller still eyes The Everest with Nature Strip

35 minutes ago by AAP
Nature StripImage: Getty
Talented sprinter Nature Strip will be given every chance to stake a claim for a berth in The Everest.

Premier Sydney trainer Chris Waller has been working hard to get Nature Strip to settle in his work and trials with a view to extending his repertoire to run 1200 metres comfortably.

Only one of Nature Strip's 10 wins has been beyond 1100m, the distance of his Group One win in The Galaxy earlier this year.

Waller said while Nature Strip is yet to secure a slot in the $14 million feature in October, he will aim to have him ready - even if he's on standby as emergency - if required.

"I think he has come back a more mature horse again and with him losing those antics of being seen as a 'go fast and hope for the best' type horse, we are starting to see some tractability in him," Waller said.

"He had a trial last week at Rosehill with James McDonald aboard who said that it is the best he has been.

"I think he is a perfect example for a horse to pick up one of the last remaining slots because he is a proven Group One performer.

"I know everyone is just waiting to see him settle better and I have just about done it."

Waller is already training West Australian mares Arcadia Queen and Enticing Star for The Everest.

Both are owned by Bob Peters and have secured starts in the race on October 19 with Enticing Star to run in the slot held by Waller and Arcadia Queen running for The Star.

The two were withdrawn from barrier trials on Monday with the trainer saying they did not need them so soon.

Instead, they worked together at Rosehill on Tuesday morning.

Waller plans to start Nature Strip in the Group Three Concorde Stakes (1000m) on September 7 but has not yet decided where Arcadia Queen and Enticing Star will kick off.

After the Concorde, Nature Strip is likely to run in the Premiere Stakes (1200m) on October 5 to ensure he is primed for the Everest if he gets a call-up.

The four slots left in the race are held by Coolmore, Godolphin, James Harron and the Melbourne Racing Club.

Coolmore and Godolphin are likely to put one of their own horses in while the winner of the Schillaci Stakes at Caulfield on October 12 gains the MRC slot if connections want to run.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 8:48pm
It's official.

McEvoy has stuck with Redzel for his Everest campaign.

Nash Rawiller to ride Classique Legend.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
In The Shadows View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote In The Shadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:59pm
Impressed to see McEvoy stick solid. Love his loyalty
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 4:52am
Redzel knows when to peak for this race
EAD
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 8:28pm
Fairyland was considered as an alternative travelling partner for Ten Sovereigns. However should Coolmore require a replacement for Ten Sovereigns, a domestic sprinter such as the Coolmore part-owned Yes Yes Yes is likely to be given the slot.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 6:58pm
Enticing Star has been retired so Waller's slot available.

Nature Strip??
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 7:19pm
Enticing Star was surely talented, but had only won a Listed race and run 2nd in a WA Gp 1.  Almost as bad as Arcadia Queen who's only win over 1200m was in a WA mid-week maiden.

The latter may prove me wrong but can't for the life of me see why either had the cred to be ultra competitive in a 1200m race like the Everest.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 7:50pm
I think that that is bit of an overreaction.

It was a genuine group 2 field and she ran okay.

Has to be some kind of injury reason, surely!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 8:26pm
Well she's obviously been on regumate, a 6yo mare remember, so presumably sustained an injury or in Waller's opinion simply wasn't up to a slot.

Certainly know where my money is.  Wink
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 10:51pm
At least if Nature Strip gets the slot we should get some speed up front this year. 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 11:03pm
If Nature Strip runs, Pierata will win by a minute, and I'll be doubling up.Big smile
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 3:52pm
2 additions announced today.

Nature Strip (James Herron's slot)

Yes Yes Yes (Chris Waller's slot)
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 3:57pm
Get your wallet out Doc
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 4:00pm
This is either the most genius decision ever, or it is a total waste of Harrons money.

To me this means that this race has been this horses target, ever since he joined the Waller stable.

Personally I can not see him finishing top four, unless they have a huge on pace bias.   
Schillaci View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 4:04pm
Nature strip the pacemaker for yes yes yes.
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 6:42pm
Santa Ana Lane a near certainly now the speedy squib has been entered
Mug-Punter View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mug-Punter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by horlicks horlicks wrote:

2 additions announced today.

Nature Strip (James Herron's slot)

Yes Yes Yes (Chris Waller's slot)

Sorry but where can I find any info on YYY being Wallers runner?
Not on his website or the Everest site either....
The Mugg
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 8:37pm
It was mentioned on TV  this afternoon,

However I think the gun was jumped as it now appears no decision yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>