Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Documentary "The Australian Dream "

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Documentary "The Australian Dream "
    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 5:39pm
In promoting  the documentary on the life of Adam Goodes, "The Australian Dream," his former team mate and friend. Michael O'Loughlin infers Goodes was only booed by crowds in each game  after receiving the award of Australian of the Year in January 2014. O'Loughlin then adds "that tells you all you need to know about what people were booing".  From my recollection he was constantly booed after calling out a thirteen year old school girl on the boundary for calling him an ape at the MCG  in May 2013. 
I will leave it you to make what you want of O'Loughlin's memory lapse, but I have mine.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 5:45pm
Get a life Bob.  Do you really think any sane person gives a sh1t about the actual time line in the overall scheme of things?  Dead
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 5:47pm
Make that "rational person".
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 5:56pm
Whole thing is a sad situation.

Goodes was a great footballer, admired and respected by many footballers.
Goodes was immediately remorseful for calling out a 13 year old, and he articulated that remorse very very well, the following week, in front of a packed media.
He felt genuinely sad for the 13 year old girl.

That public press conference that Goodes was brave to front, declaring he felt very sad for the 13 year old, should have been game over with the subject.
In fact, Goodes should have been respected for the sadness he expressed to the 13 year old.
Instead, the Australian public went on a booing rampage.

Geelong even felt so bad, they organised a united front to support Sydney Swans, onto the ground.

As for the spear throwing, aimed at crowd, it was Indigenous round, and seriously, if people cant handle that, after a few centuries of indigenous people being murdered, then ummm, thats weak.

The very reason this is even a subject, is because the public kept bloody persisting with the booing, even after Goodes showed deep remorse to the 13 year old girl.

People can blame Goodes all they want, the subject isnt him, its actually the public, who went on the relentless booing campaign.
Take that part out of the equation, its a non-topic. A non event.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

In promoting  the documentary on the life of Adam Goodes, "The Australian Dream," his former team mate and friend. Michael O'Loughlin infers Goodes was only booed by crowds in each game  after receiving the award of Australian of the Year in January 2014. O'Loughlin then adds "that tells you all you need to know about what people were booing".  From my recollection he was constantly booed after calling out a thirteen year old school girl on the boundary for calling him an ape at the MCG  in May 2013. 
I will leave it you to make what you want of O'Loughlin's memory lapse, but I have mine.

Implies maybe Wink
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Get a life Bob.  Do you really think any sane person gives a sh1t about the actual time line in the overall scheme of things?  Dead

Yeah Bob inserts his cr*p about Goodes in all sorts of threads. Repeats endlessly that other Aboriginal players are not booed, he thinks that makes his point Confused

His obsession with Goodes  makes one think that he has a problem with indigenous who don't know their place Shocked
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 6:40pm
So he was continually booed for a total period of either 23 or 31 months. Dead

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 7:09pm

Ummm ... obviously they would be ... a complete moron? ... not so much apparently ..,Embarrassed  

Mickey O is just like Adam ... on the indigenous post football career victimhood gravy train ... there's no money in it if you don't perpetuate the "RACISM!!!" lie, you know brudder.Thumbs Up
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Yeah Bob inserts his cr*p about Goodes in all sorts of threads. Repeats endlessly that other Aboriginal players are not booed, he thinks that makes his point Confused

His obsession with Goodes  makes one think that he has a problem with indigenous who don't know their place Shocked

I have no issue with indigenous people,but I do have an issues by some individuals with perceived racism in the community.

SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 7:17pm
Goodes was never booed because of his race, it was because of his personality.
He’s just an unlikeable character
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 7:19pm

yes
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Correct, but he puts it all down to racism.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 7:30pm
ps if he simply wasn't liked, why was it he wasn't booed for the first 13 years of his AFL career? 
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 8:08pm

<div id="UMS_TOOLTIP" style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px;">

Eddie Betts is one of the most “likeable” players in the comp. Still cops racial abuse.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 8:25pm

So why wasn't he booed during his first 13 seasons in the AFL?

There's two clear answers, pivotal events if you like:

a. he dared admonish a Collingwood supporter (and I'm one too) for continual racial abuse.  Not knowing she was a teenager who was simply following the example provided by her parental and social upbringing; and

b. performed a choreographed dance, supporting his heritage during AFL Indigenous week do you please.

Am surprised he wasn't lynched rather than just continually pilloried by people just like Baghdad Bob.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 9:25pm

I like him
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 12:21am

So why wasn't he booed during his first 13 seasons in the AFL?

There's two clear answers, pivotal events if you like:

a. he dared admonish a Collingwood supporter (and I'm one too) for continual racial abuse.  Not knowing she was a teenager who was simply following the example provided by her parental and social upbringing; and    (CORRECT. And Goodes immediately showed remorse that week)

b. performed a choreographed dance, supporting his heritage during AFL Indigenous week do you please. (Correct. The fact he did it and people didnt like it, is racism in itself, because that is part of his heritage)

Am surprised he wasn't lynched rather than just continually pilloried by people just like Baghdad Bob.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 12:27am
I'm fed up with the word indigenous ...   Gives me the shxts.

We are all Ozzies and especially for those born here, all's equal.

Let em have that ugly rock , No ones going to throw it away and it is a good tourist earner .        . Maybe that's the trouble , The thought of anything earning a quid frightens them.
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 12:45am
Nobody knows why AFL crowds reacted the way they did other than the crowds themselves. If you believe AFL crowds are full of racist bogans upset with an “uppity” Indigenous player you’ll believe that Goodes is a victim. If you believe it was nothing more than football fans barracking against a player they don’t like you’ll believe this is political correctness gone mad. One things for sure , both sides will shout at one another without ever listening to the other side, nothing will ever be resolved and we’ll all be divided a little bit more. In other words a typical modern controversy. I’m over rubbish like this.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 11:22am
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

<div id="UMS_TOOLTIP" style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px;">

Eddie Betts is one of the most “likeable” players in the comp. Still cops racial abuse.
Well here's a sight for sore eyes ! Welcome back handsome  Thumbs Up
Refer ALP Election Promises
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 11:52am
Hey, oneone. My, hasn’t your Folau thread taken all before it? Go to the bottom of that one yet? Just the Cliff notes, thanks.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 11:58am
Back on song Judge - that didn't take long  LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 11:59am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Back on song Judge - that didn't take long  LOL
  p.s wrong thread as well Angry
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 8:22pm
If I was a professional athlete I would love to be booed.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

you are not , Goodes was and he hated being booed
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

you are not , Goodes was and he hated being booed

When you are accepting public acclaim and the $ that go with it you don't get much choice on the public behavior - it's part of the package. There are a lot of reasons for booing a sports person - I boo Buddy whenever I see the traitor, and it's nothing to do with race (or religion) and everything to do with selling out (in my view). Most people will react to things from their own viewpoint. 
I dislike Goodes intensely, mainly because I think he's way too precious. That's my opinion, I'm entitled to it and you can label it whatever you want but it won't change anything at all. 
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 4:55am

ps if he simply wasn't liked, why was it he wasn't booed for the first 13 years of his AFL career? 

I've met the guy when he was playing. He is intelligent and articulate, he is attentive, he is a gentleman, and he gives of his time like you would hope any sporting legend would. He is also smart enough to know where his bread is buttered post football ... and there is a lot of money available for any high profile individual in the "Racism" space. He also has a sense of humor, and he is now laughing all the way to the bank.  

You obviously never attended a Swans game SC. 

The opposition fans booed him, and well before any of this crap. 

AFL fans from traditional Melbourne clubs had no problem booing him simply on the basis of;

1. The COLA
2. The fact that the Swans were successful and winning flags
3. He was our best player
4. He was deemed to be a "protected species" and received favorable treatment from the umpires (2 Brownlows will do that!) 

No, they didn't boo him early in his career, but as he became a success, the booing started, and as soon as they judged him to be a sook - after the alleged racism events - they didn't let up. 

No racism involved at all, just made up by the "industry". Up towards 20% of all AFL players are Indigenous (well PART anyway) ... you would hear nothing BUT booing at AFL games if it was racially based. It's just rubbish.

They did the same to Gary Ablett when he turned out for the Suns - what tribe is he from? ... and then when he came back to the Cats, after a few run ins with the judiciary where opposition fans felt he was let off cheaply (again a protected species) ... and also over his twitter support of Folau ... that's not racism, thats religious vilification by leftards.

PS: Interesting to know that the latest high profile victim of "RACISM" in "Racist Australia" is the half black basketball player who coincidentally happens to be here right now, and just happens to have a financial interest in the "success" of the "documentary" ... his mother and his 4 white half siblings must be very proud ... or don't mind because he is their meal ticket?Embarrassed  

This makes perfect sense ... nothing helps ratings like whipping up a Virtuous Cause that the FAKE NEWS Media and the SJW's are guaranteed to jump all over and go into a concert of "RRRRRREEEEEE!!!" over ...

Steve Price links Ben Simmons Crown incident to financing for Adam Goodes documentary

Steve Price has linked Ben Simmons’ Crown Casino incident to his role in a new Adam Goodes documentary in a shock suggestion.

2GB broadcaster Steve Price has suggested basketballer Ben Simmons doubled down on claims of racial profiling at Crown Casino in order to boost prospects for a documentary about Adam Goodes he helped to finance.

During his show on Tuesday, The Project host raised the question of whether Simmons was using the Crown incident as a marketing opportunity for his film.

Simmons, Price alleged, is a financier and executive producer of an Adam Goodes documentary that he wants screened in the US market.

“He is an executive producer of a second documentary made about the indigenous footballer Adam Goodes, called The Australian Dream,” Price said.

“In fact Ben Simmons was a financier of that film and paid for that film to be made and intends to take that film to America and show it to American audiences.

“I wonder if this incident at the door of Crown has anything to do with a message that Ben Simmons might like to get out in America about how Australians treat people of colour?

“What better way to get your documentary noticed in America, than to post to your 1.47 million Instagram followers?”

Simmons actually has 4.3 million followers on Instagram.

The production company involved in the making of the film denied any claim that Simmons provided financial support in a statement to news.com.au.

“Ben Simmons is an executive producer but he did not finance the film. He came on board in the final stages of the film’s production and as such his involvement did not extend to providing financial support for the production,” the statement read.

Price was joined by Herald Sun columnist Rita Panahi for the show and she too slammed Simmons for what she claimed was pushing an agenda of racial intolerance.

“I like this theory that you are putting forward in relation to the Goodes doco and pushing this relentless narrative that we are racially intolerant, we have this deep-seated problem and we refuse to acknowledge it,” Panahi said.

“Australia will be painted as a racist backwater.

“It’s so destructive. It paints such a false, ugly picture of Australia.”

Panahi did acknowledge racism occurs but rubbished Simmons’ claims.

“There is still real racism in Australia. That, we need to acknowledge, not nonsense like this,” she added.

“He seems to be afflicted by this racial politics that everyone in the US has gone nuts with where they see everything with a filter of race.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/steve-price-links-ben-simmons-crown-incident-to-financing-for-adam-goodes-documentary/news-story/92923d5e8bf8de0f09d7b13301a56569

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 10:35am
Quality reply Dr E. Whale & Second Chance will most likely get back in their boxes now
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 10:36am
oh - & The judge !
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 9:04pm
Don't think they will bother with the DVD ... straight to NITV ... Thumbs Down
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>