Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Loudest Voice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Loudest Voice
    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 11:51pm
I wonder how accurate this is ? 
reductio ad absurdum
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 11:47am
There’s a bit of artistic license happening but I think the basics are pretty spot on. Ailes was definitely a sleaze with women and the basic mantra of his Fox News is correct. Give the people what they want to hear, report the message you want to get out over and over across all shows all day and people will begin to think it’s the truth and report things not as such and such has happened but as “ some people say etc etc” . It’s amazing how many times the Fox News presenters would say the phrase “ some people say” during the Roger Ailes years.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 12:59pm
Can you binge watch it, or do you have to wait each week for a new episode?
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 1:34pm
New episode comes out each week on a Monday in Aus
Available via subscription service Stan
The first 6 episodes are already available,
the final episode drops next week.

I’ve watched episode 1, found it a little boring if I’m honest.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 2:05pm
I have downloaded a few episodes so far but waiting to watch them all together.

Form the sexual misconduct side not much is verifiable as people like Gretchen Carlson and at least a dozen other women settled with Fox for considerable sums of money, some in 10 figures and they all have non disclosure agreements. Also Aisles wasn't the only person Fox settled with and some are still on air. 
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

New episode comes out each week on a Monday in Aus
Available via subscription service Stan
The first 6 episodes are already available,
the final episode drops next week.

I’ve watched episode 1, found it a little boring if I’m honest.
Yes it’s not something I’d be highly recommending but it’s ok to watch if you’re interested in how Fox News came about and the philosophy that gave us Donald Trump as well. Interestingly Rupert Murdoch is portrayed in the show as not so much a conservative ideologue as a smart business man who saw a hole in the market for something like Fox News and just wanted to make money.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 3:18pm
It will be interesting to see whether it goes into that detail Baguette, and how it stacks up against Michael Wolff's Fire and Fury and Steve Bannon's account of Aisles part in the recruiting of Trump.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 12:41pm
Was going to ask how did you peoples think they portrayed Murdoch ? Certainly portrayed his sons if briefly in a good light.

Without knowing the facts, I thought it was a great series and as usual Russel Crowe was fantastic.
reductio ad absurdum
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 1:32pm
I thought it was pretty good . The last episode was certainly worth it to see Ailes get booted! I think the way they portrayed Murdoch is probably right. He’s much more interested in making money than pushing an agenda and didn’t mind using a complete scumbag ideologue like Ailes to do it.
 Post Reply Post Reply