Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

America needs to BAN GUNS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 10:00am
Only white supremacists carry guns apparently
EAD
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 10:09am
Fun fact: 99.9%(unscientific) of white supremacists say it isn't their fault their white supremacist friends' guns go off in supermarkets, churches,concerts, schools, theaters, night clubs.....  
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 10:19am
Fun fact....Omar Mateen wasn't a white supremacist when he killed 49 innocent people in a night club in Orlando

Nut jobs come in all different colours and backgrounds

EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 10:33am
Are Americans more mentally ill than anyone else, or more affected by violent video games as Fox and Trump are blaming, or is it maybe something else?

PS now 250 mass shootings in America this year.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 10:34am
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Says nobody.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 10:39am

Lots of white supremacists in that lot
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 10:41am

Fun fact....Omar Mateen wasn't a white supremacist when he killed 49 innocent people in a night club in Orlando

Fun fact: Trump's own FBI Director giving testimony just a couple of weeks ago.

FBI Director Christopher Wray: 'Majority' Of Domestic Terrorism Cases Are White Supremacy

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Shammy Davis Shammy Davis wrote:

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Guns and white supremacists dont kill people tlaz, people with mental health issues who play video games do. Guns play no part.

It is easy to see that you and Tizzy are afflicted with both TDS and a hideously high level of self-righteousness that drives your imagination but it would be nice if for once you report facts not assumptions. AA is right. Banning guns is never going to happen in the states. It is just reality. Your petty slurs don't change anything.

Like with everything else that both of you post, you appear to think that by limiting the rights of law abiding citizens you can solve all societal issues. If it is not gun control, it's wealth distribution, freebies for all, or dissolving our electoral system. It is all wrong according to you. If anyone disagrees, they are racist, bigots, deplorables, and idiots. As tragic as these shootings are, the reality is that the 2nd Amendment, like our electoral system and other constitutional freedoms is not ever going to be repealed and no trashing of yanks by you is going to change that.

You claim to be such experts on the states but obviously that is not the case, but you just keep on pushing your disparaging message like you do in your relentlessly mindless Trump Presidency thread that looks to continue endlessly with Trump retiring to FL in 2024.

Maybe I am missing something, but when did OZ become the utopian society that drives this self-absorbed self-righteous thinking? Are you keeping it a secret from the rest world?
Related image

As far as gun deaths go, most of the planet is a utopia compared to America, apart from El Salavador, the Congo, Honduras, those sort of places. We know what Trump would call those sort of places.Wink

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 10:46am

Lots of white supremacists in that lot

Fun fact: They almost all used weapons that almost every country on the planet does not allow it's citizens to own.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 10:46am

Fun fact: Trump's own FBI Director giving testimony just a couple of weeks ago.

<h1 ="title style-scope ytd--primary-info-renderer" style="margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; -: initial; -: initial; -size: initial; -repeat: initial; -attachment: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; max-height: 4.8rem; overflow: ; font-weight: 400; line-height: 2.4rem; color: var--ytd--primary-info-renderer-title-color, var--yt-spec-text-primary; font-family: Roboto, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: var--ytd--primary-info-renderer-title-font-size, 1.8rem; trans: var--ytd--primary-info-renderer-title-trans, none; text-shadow: var--ytd--primary-info-renderer-title-text-shadow, none;"><yt-atted- force-default-style="" ="style-scope ytd--primary-info-renderer">FBI Director Christopher Wray: 'Majority' Of Domestic Terrorism Cases Are White Supremacy</yt-atted-></h1>
<yt-atted- force-default-style="" ="style-scope ytd--primary-info-renderer">
</yt-atted->
<yt-atted- force-default-style="" ="style-scope ytd--primary-info-renderer">
</yt-atted->

Keep believing the MSM, these people are all white supremacists and trump supporters apparently
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Shammy Davis Shammy Davis wrote:

Guns and white supremacists dont kill people tlaz, people with mental health issues who play video games do. Guns play no part.

It is easy to see that you and Tizzy are afflicted with both TDS and a hideously high level of self-righteousness that drives your imagination but it would be nice if for once you report facts not assumptions. AA is right. Banning guns is never going to happen in the states. It is just reality. Your petty slurs don't change anything.

Like with everything else that both of you post, you appear to think that by limiting the rights of law abiding citizens you can solve all societal issues. If it is not gun control, it's wealth distribution, freebies for all, or dissolving our electoral system. It is all wrong according to you. If anyone disagrees, they are racist, bigots, deplorables, and idiots. As tragic as these shootings are, the reality is that the 2nd Amendment, like our electoral system and other constitutional freedoms is not ever going to be repealed and no trashing of yanks by you is going to change that.

You claim to be such experts on the states but obviously that is not the case, but you just keep on pushing your disparaging message like you do in your relentlessly mindless Trump Presidency thread that looks to continue endlessly with Trump retiring to FL in 2024.

Maybe I am missing something, but when did OZ become the utopian society that drives this self-absorbed self-righteous thinking? Are you keeping it a secret from the rest world?

No Utopia but with zero mass shootings in over 20 years against 250 this year alone, I dont need my AK-47 or AR 15 when I go out for milk. Wink

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 11:51am
Seems odd and very fortunate that there were multiple police shooting the Dayton shooter within 30 seconds. They must have been tailing him before he started.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 11:56am
They said there were public events which had more police on the streets and a car was right on site when it was called in, so it took only 30 sec to respond. Even with such a response time the type of weapon and quantity of ammunition he had, he killed 9 and shot dozens more.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 1:28pm
Trump saying racists, Nationalists and White Supremacists are mentally ill Clap

“Mental illness and hatred pulls the trigger”: Trump yesterday

Trump says US must condemn 'white supremacy' and 'racism' in wake of weekend shootings- Trump today

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 2:52pm
The USA with it's large population , were very early in mistaking anti psychotic medications as a cure , rather than a management advancement in Psychiatric care.

All too quick to "open the doors of containment & monitoring systems ".
That were a much more reliable approach.
Gradually spreading world wide and has only become worse, for the reason that today's Science has never really known any difference.

Strict gun laws weren't necessary , before Governments decided to discharge to the Community , The very Madness that it takes to commit these horror crimes.

To suggest reverting to the very successful approach of years ago, is met with a reminder that detaining & monitoring dangerous Madmen was cruel.
These murderous sprees of slaughter we now have regularly , are much more cruel in my view.

Besides , Psychiatrists , Psychologists etc have a vested interest in protecting their so called advancement in the management of the Mentally ill .
Send them to live next door to people in the less fortunate areas.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 3:29pm

I, like all other civilised and decent people, continue to feel outraged and angry at recent events in America. Yes, this page is usually about horse racing, however I run this page and I decide what I post. Organisations frequently take a moral stance against things that outrage them. Talking about atrocities is one part of tackling the problem. If you don't like my thoughts then don't follow me because we can all agree that we have nothing in common. To those of you who posted replies to those individuals and their comments (which had plenty of decent people shaking their heads in despair) you have my thanks.

If you can't see gun control is necessary after a right wing, white supremacist bigot SLAUGHTERED 22 innocent people, including a 6yo child, within minutes there is something wrong with you. Another 9 innocent people died in Ohio. These were real people with real families that were just out going about their business. These weapons, which were legally allowed to purchased and owned, enabled the slaughter. If you think it is ok that a person can legally own a weapon that is capable of such instantaneous carnage, I want nothing to do with you.

The person responsible for the killings is an American born white man who has a set against immigrants and non-white people, and we all know who's driving this rhetoric. The rest of the world knows that gun control is a problem for America and so do many brave Americans who are actually trying to do something about it and who don't believe Trump and his bullgelati. Wherever you have his incendiary language and behaviour combined with so many guns in the hands of so many people your country is no longer safe.

Australia did have increased mass shootings and post Port Arthur the government enacted sweeping changes. It has made Australia safer. Our schools do not have active shooter drills. My 4yo never practiced standing on the toilet to hide. We can go to concerts and public events without fear of being slaughtered.

Trump is absolutely part of the problem and he's dangerous and he's taking America and by default the rest of the world down a dangerous path. As for Trump's tweets overnight give me a break. Every decent and intelligent person can see that organisations like OAN, Breitbart and Fox (I hope that some of you are watching Loudest Voice) are masquerading as media outlets when it reality they are propaganda outlets of the Far Right. There is video footage of Trump at a Florida Rally laughing when one of his zealot supporters shouted out "shoot them" shouted out when he said they are invading us, how do we stop them?

Thank goodness that there are still large sections of the mainstream media who continue to do their job and report critically on Trump and his administration. I started my paid subscriptions to the New York Times and the Washington Post as a protest to Trump's attack on the decent and hard working mainstream media.

Finally, to those of you who said "you're a horse racing photographer it's non of your business" Trump made it my business by calling the media "The Enemy of the People" because his continuing rhetoric puts all photographers and journalists at risk. As an accredited member of the media his rhetoric is my business.

Replies from Americans:

Laurie von See Thank you, Bronwen, for posting your views. I have always admired your work and strive to be able to show the beauty of horses with my photos as well as you do. I know that you have spent time in America and know most of us don’t share the racist beliefs of our president. We are sickened and saddened by these murders. I’m afraid nothing will change until our politicians get a spine and stop being owned by the NRA.

Marie Klemens Dear Bronwen, thank you for speaking up. I agree with everything you’ve said. Maybe if more people had your courage, something would change. I’ve also been watching The Loudest Voice. What an eye opener! Sadly, I’m sure those that support Trump don’t watch, or if they did they’d just call it fake news. I’m from a small town in Illinois, USA and I am heartbroken. I no longer feel safe and fear for the future of my country if Trump wins another four years. Thank you again for saying what many fear to say. And thank you for the lovely horse photos. They always brighten my day.

Judy Steinberg Our current American climate is everyone’s business. If one cares about others, what happens in one country, affects all of us. America is a large country with a very large worldwide presence. We like to think we’re all powerful even though I’d like to think we’re all equal. I have looked down the barrel of a gun held by a man out late at night doing his job as a robber. Believe me, it’s no fun having someone take all of your freedom from you so easily. Being helpless is a terrible feeling. The victims of these mass killings died so quickly they may have never known what happened. Someone they didn’t know took everything from them in an instant with a weapon of mass destruction. Meanwhile here in America the debate rages on by idiots who worship their false God, The Gun, in their House of Worship, the Senate, reading from their Bible, the 2nd Amendment. This is our collective sickness in my opinion. Worshipping a tool.

Teri Barrach Thank you, Bronwen. While I have no answer for this insane man and this madness he encourages I appreciate that the world, and especially Australia, stands with those of us who are outraged and sickened. We are working towards ridding this country of this Nazi and his right arm Mitch McConnell in the 2020 election.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 4:36pm
Thing is, they can vote Trump out, but the next Pres wont ban guns because the gun lobby group are too powerful.  
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 4:44pm
Did America & the World have this problem before Trump came along.?

Sounds like Bronwen may be a rusted on Democrat , exploiting the opportunity to express her Politics.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 5:45pm

... and they only started shooting people when Trump was elected.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

... and they only started shooting people when Trump was elected.

Trump said that Washington was broken and very swampy and only he could fix it.

Waiting....
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 5:49pm

Fun fact: 99.9%(unscientific) of white supremacists say it isn't their fault their white supremacist friends' guns go off in supermarkets, churches,concerts, schools, theaters, night clubs.....  

So how many "whiteys" is that ... a few hundred?

... as opposed to only 10% of Muslims who support Radical Islamic Terror Attacks on infidels (anecdotally) ... so only about 180 Million people ... phew!Smile
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 5:51pm

Are Americans more mentally ill than anyone else, or more affected by violent video games as Fox and Trump are blaming, or is it maybe something else?

PS now 250 mass shootings in America this year.

Are they?

You watch CNN and the Democrat "debates" ... from what I've seen, less than half of them are!Wacko 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 5:56pm
It's not as bad as the stats appear to be. 75% of American gun deaths are people shooting themselves. Half of the remainder is people of colour shooting each other. White folks is relatively safe from gun violence, iffin they don't shoot emselves.

Simon Cameron

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Thing is, they can vote Trump out, but the next Pres wont ban guns because the gun lobby group are too powerful.  

Wait a minute aa, that sounds too simple for the lefties!

... I thought Obama had fixed everything by being "presidential", and Trump ruined it by fixing the economy?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

It's not as bad as the stats appear to be. 75% of American gun deaths are people shooting themselves. Half of the remainder is people of colour shooting each other. White folks is relatively safe from gun violence, iffin they don't shoot emselves.

racist.

Seriously though, aa is right - the gun culture is too heavily entrenched in America and the NRA too politically powerful for them to ever agree to the controls that we have ... if Obama could do nothing about it, who will?
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 6:22pm
It was reported this morning that there could be 15,000,000 to 20,000,000 US military-style assault rifles and similar weapons in civilian ownership in the USA. If that is correct, it's hard not to imagine mass shootings will not continue in the USA.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 6:25pm
Not guns Bob, mentally ill people and video games. Mario and Luigi will be banned immediately.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 6:31pm
Those double negatives blow me away.  I am totally confused as to what it is you are not trying to say. 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 6:36pm
He's saying "Guns don't kill people, people kill people".
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 6:41pm
You mean racist white supremacists with guns killed lots of  people?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>