Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Ashes 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

All 3 should have been banned for life. What they did was worse than what that young swimmer is being accused of in my opinion. Christ he was the captain of our Test team. No if or buts in their case - blatant pre-meditated cheating. We are all froth & bubble. They should never have been allowed back

That would be a clear  case for the ACL. Unfair dismissal.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:07pm
Rubbish. Don't try to equate blatant pre-meditated cheating with freedom of religious expression. Only you would try to do that
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:09pm
It is interesting though that you support Smiths return to the game - but want Folau turfed forever (& worse most probably). I know who the has the biggest character weakness - & its not Folau
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:09pm
Rubbish, both are simple code of conduct breaches. 
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:09pm
No wonder we are all so petty these days.  I was bullied as a child.  My children had some bullied and some not.  But it isn't the bully who kicks and bites etc who does the most damage.  It is the insidious one who says things to other people or to you.  Who underminds you time and time again till you believe the story.  Believe me you would almost believe anything when they have been at you long enough.  THe whole of South Africa did that to Warner!  He was on pay back which wasn't right.  But the country got away with what they set out to do.  THey found a way in to upset him through his wife.  I find that behaviour bullying and yet Australia did nothing to support him and looked what happened.  He paid a high price for snapping.  

It's so usual for the one being bullied to be called a bully when they turn around and defend themselves.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

& you obviously think Folaus was worse ! Try thinking that through 
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:13pm
Heard today its gone full circle with my grandaughter now being bullied.  It is rife in the world.  We are all equal and all have a place and gifts to bring to the world.  Stop judgement until you know everything.  I don't know everything but I saw enough to judge what was happening even at a distance.  They paid a high price and now support them as they try to work for themselves, their families and their countries.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

No wonder we are all so petty these days.  I was bullied as a child.  My children had some bullied and some not.  But it isn't the bully who kicks and bites etc who does the most damage.  It is the insidious one who says things to other people or to you.  Who underminds you time and time again till you believe the story.  Believe me you would almost believe anything when they have been at you long enough.  THe whole of South Africa did that to Warner!  He was on pay back which wasn't right.  But the country got away with what they set out to do.  THey found a way in to upset him through his wife.  I find that behaviour bullying and yet Australia did nothing to support him and looked what happened.  He paid a high price for snapping.  

It's so usual for the one being bullied to be called a bully when they turn around and defend themselves.
i'm hoping the aussies get smashed. Thats all they deserve.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:21pm
Sorry I can't think the same.  I don't get to call things white and black.  I've made mistakes.  So forgiveness is never to be gained?  That is a sad life you live.  Don't you remember all the face masks he had to face every time he went out to bat.  You think that is alright?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:22pm

Folau got a warning and a new $4 million contract based on a promise to not re-offend. He is an idiot and deserves to be booted.

If Warner, Smith or Bancroft goes to Bunnings again, they should go for life also
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:28pm
No Furious - i'm just calling PT out for being a hypocrite. He states above both are purely Code of Conduct contract breaches. So why support a bloke who confesses to pre-meditated cheating - Captain of the team no less - who drags the game through the mud impacting SPONSORS & the public. And then - poo, poo's Folau as being the worst of the worst when he expressed a religious text with "love". Pathetic.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:30pm
No oneone, I believe i redemption. Had Izzy not ignored his warning he would be still chasing a ball around a paddock somewhere this week. 

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:31pm

Folau got a warning and a new $4 million contract based on a promise to not re-offend. He is an idiot and deserves to be booted.

If Warner, Smith or Bancroft goes to Bunnings again, they should go for life also
  Could you imagine Folau ever doing what Steve Smith did ? 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:33pm

No oneone, I believe i redemption. Had Izzy not ignored his warning he would be still chasing a ball around a paddock somewhere this week. 

& Folau is man of his convictions. Unlike Smith
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:33pm
I dont think Smith did anything but turn a blind eye to what Warner devised and recruited Bancroft to help him with.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:35pm
OK
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:35pm
Also suggest you look at the motivations between Folau & Smith. Rightly or wrongly Folau was motivated by his "belief". What was Smiths motivation PT ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:35pm

Yep, he has been convicted of lying and breaching his contract and is gone. Wont get a chance to lie again.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:37pm

I dont think Smith did anything but turn a blind eye to what Warner devised and recruited Bancroft to help him with.
Glad he wasn't a General on the front line
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:38pm

Yep, he has been convicted of lying and breaching his contract and is gone. Wont get a chance to lie again.
At least he will never be called a cheat !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:40pm
Nobody accused him of cheating.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:40pm
I have
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:41pm
Would you go vegan if the missus said it would make her happy ?  

Tasty.

Siddle has been vegan since 2012.  They call him 'Bananaman' because he has been known to eat 20 bananas in a day.   

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:41pm
Smith was thrust into a leadership role way too early. He buckled at a time when a more experienced person would not have. I believe he is fundamentally a good person. I won’t hang him out. Ditto with Bancroft.

Warner was the problem.

I feel for Harris and Patterson
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:42pm

Nobody accused him of cheating.
Here we go - one of PTs little nuances
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Smith was thrust into a leadership role way too early. He buckled at a time when a more experienced person would not have. I believe he is fundamentally a good person. I won’t hang him out. Ditto with Bancroft.

Warner was the problem.

Shrunk do you think Folau is fundamentally a good person as well ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

Would you go vegan if the missus said it would make her happy ?  

Tasty.

Siddle has been vegan since 2012.  They call him 'Bananaman' because he has been known to eat 20 bananas in a day.   

If she was here beside me now, I’d convert
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:45pm
I'd prefer if this discussion was in the Folau thread (for obvious reasons) LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:47pm

Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Warner was the problem.

Shrunk do you think Folau is fundamentally a good person as well ?

I do.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:48pm
Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>