Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2019-20 Racing Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 11:08am
Will it be Avilius who steps into the breach?
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 11:11am
Will the Blue Army have another blinder of a season?

How long before M de Kock makes his presence felt after his satellite stable opens?

Can he bring any horses will him or will his stable have to be built from scratch?

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 9:01pm
I am reading that his stable will include bringing horses bred in South Africa, and horses brought at our sales for his South African clients, so the first twelve months will be interesting.

Racenet have reported another stable opening up. Veteran New Zealand trainer Paddy Busuttin has come out of retirement and will be opening a stable at Deagon in Queensland. Veteran former Melbourne Cup winning and New Zealand jockey Tony Allan will be the stables rider.

Now there's a staying combination!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 4:47pm
Shooting to Win is certainly getting the early three year old winners.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 4:48pm
And finally some Shooting to Win's I followed from the sales are emerging and winning or running well in races and trials.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 4:51pm
Thats Centrefire, Winning Shot, Shooting Love, Platinum Bullet and Battle Strike with wins on the board.  I picked more of his than any other first season sire and thought I might of just been totally wrong.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 9:57pm
Picked one out this year furious, lot 419 GC MM , a bit foalish but somehow I liked him , a little bit of scar tissue on n/h tendon , minimal I thought.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 3:41am
I am surprised that none of the European form followers have not said much about the three Godolphin newcomers who trialled in Sydney last week.

Wrens Day, Beau Ideal and the real eye catching chestnut, Cascadian.

Any one think these gallopers can continue the stables good run with imports, following on from Hartnell, Avilius and Best Of Days?
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:04pm
My list that I'll be following closely this coming Spring fwiw.
Castelvecchio. Top class 3 y/o colt , can win anything in his age group . 1600- 2000+.
Libertini. I.A.I. filly, Brilliant and untapped, will be a head turner imo,      2200 - 1600.
Sprinters, The year of the Bull, Osborne Bull anything & everything at 1200.
                  Sunlight , peaks after 1 or 2 runs , serious threat at ..............1200.
Nights Watch, I'm a little wary of this bloke , options aplenty, Epsom, Metrop. 1600- 2400.
Verry Elleegant, if she's not bottomed out great for racing for Oz and Nz, 2000- 3200.
My one from left field is Angel of Heaven, I still get a migraine from watching replay of QLD Oaks, illjudged ride that defies logic, nuff said, will win black type or better , sweet moving little mare maybe Kriss Lees mini Lucia Valentina, 1600 - 2400.
Haven't forgotten Exceedance , Santa Ana Lane,Peirata, Finche , can't be greedy.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:06pm
My mistake Libertini, distance should read 1200- 1600.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:59pm
One from left field that I’m gonna go out on a limb and mention:
Tubby Two Tracks

I think this filly could measure up to Melbourne class.
She was dominant on debut, albeit against some weaker horses.
Will be keeping an eye out for her to see when she resumes
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 10:48am
Definately an interesting weekend coming up with Hartnell and Mystic Journey to race each other in the P B Lawrence Stakes.  Or can Fifty Stars or Cliff's Edge spring a surprise?

Then we will find out if Lyre has come back but I also hate these early three year old events when the stakes winning two year olds have to give weight to horses which may of matured better.  Sometimes I think they loose all confidence.  Two year old racing and three year old racing are so different.  Still I'm hoping she has what it takes.  The MM winner is also here and quite a good line up of promising fillies to say she has to be on form to win the race.

The vain on the other hand is a slightly disappointing field.  Bivouac and Dubious both had moments of good two year old form but can they give two kilos to the promising types set to race them.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 6:43pm
I liked the pricked ears on Mystic Journey.  The story continues.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 7:48pm
I have a feeling that the three year olds and four year olds this season will be dominating the group 1's .

Definite changing of the top level horses this season.

The older group of horses, especially up to 2000m, will need to be better than they have been in recent seasons, and I am not sure horses like Avilius, Hartnell, Alizee, Humidor, Kenedna, and others can improve on what they have done in the last few seasons.

Today we saw Mystic Journey, Dalasan, Bivouac, Exhilarates, and also Pippie who is coming through her grades perform well.

The three who did not run up to expectations, were Lyre, Dubious and Fundamentalist, but all three will improve with the run.

Very interesting spring coming up!
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 5:31pm
I cannot wait for this year's Cox Plate & Caulfield Cup.
I've been a bit hohum the last few years with Winx hype (sorry but I was over it) and the Melbourne Cup going to the rich end of the draw.
But this year ... we have MJ and VE and more! #ponies buckjumping
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 12:08pm
I can look forward to the season but unlike you brave ponies I will still miss seeing Winx.  The excitement before each race as nerves and conditions sometimes said she could be beaten and the fact that every time I thought maybe she was in trouble she wasn't!  
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 3:47pm
Winx herself was truly once in a lifetime and I'm so grateful She Happened in my lifetime. But how any horse copes with that pressure and attention ... and all while racing at our highest level too ... they are amazing animals. Long live the queen!
Still... Bring on this spring. Squueeeee!!!!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 7:25pm
Yep I'm will you.  We have had a Queen and now we have to see what will be.  So far not too bad.

kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

I am surprised that none of the European form followers have not said much about the three Godolphin newcomers who trialled in Sydney last week.

Wrens Day, Beau Ideal and the real eye catching chestnut, Cascadian.

Any one think these gallopers can continue the stables good run with imports, following on from Hartnell, Avilius and Best Of Days?
Don't know much of the other 2 Voyager but I've been following Cascadian since his debut win as a 2yo. Very powerful and athletic mover. He trained off last year but I was surprised to see him over here. 

Has been gelded and has a nice solid pedigree which would suggest he'd get 2000m and beyond. Anticipating a great performance on Saturday and on to Epsom and maybe Cox Plate if they stretch him out.

Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 9:09pm
You might be on to something there kavg, nice trial and had a lap full , you won't mis that big baldy face in the run.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 2:36pm
Will be interesting to see if Sebring can hang onto the top spot on the sires standings after the weekend.  I am Invincible is only $30K behind.  Likewise Pierro breathing down Fastnet Rocks neck for third place.  He's just moved in front of All Too Hard.  While So You Think, Smart Missile and Sepoy finish off the top three.  Nice to see some younger stallions up in the top ten.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 3:36pm
Sassy Salitage and Roccabascerana both look nice types going forward
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 2:28pm
Lots of spots on the Sire Standings changed spots.  I am Invincible now on top and Pierro jumped infront of Fastnet Rock.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 3:10pm
Could Scales of Justice or Fundamentalist give Not a Single Doubt the first two G1's for the year?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 7:51pm
SoJ for mine furious, whatever beats him will win, likely a slow track , drawn well, augers well imo.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 10:54am
Hope so that would be a turn up for the books.  But plenty of good stories in that race so we'll find out.  We had a touch of rain yesterday so I guess Rosehill will be wet also.
In The Shadows View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote In The Shadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 8:25pm
Looking forward to seeing Raymond Tusk out here for the Melbourne Cup. Watch his 4th place finish and you'll see why I am all over him
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 9:08pm
HI BITS, and welcome aboard.

Will watch how he goes with interest.  Thumbs Up
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 4:10pm
Well we already have 10 stallions over the $1 million amount for sire earnings.  With Pierro in 3rd position leading other younger boys So You THing 7th and All Too Hard 10th.  Smart Missile is 11th just below the million mark with Zoustar 13th the youngest of them all.

We have only two none Australian/New Zealand bred stallions in the top 20 - Hard Spun on top of the G1 win yesterday and Lope de Vega who has been up in the top 20 stallions for a few seasons now.

Interesting to see I Am Invincible has the most runners and winners.  But Pierro has 40 less runners for only 2 less winners.  Lets just say he's having a bolter of a season and could quinella the Everest (yes SC I'd put Pierata 1st) but the other filly Acadia Queen could win or if not the other races over a better trip are definately in her sights.

Gatting has form in his pedigree for a 1600m race a Flemington.  He's from the same female line as the mighty mare Maybe Mahal.  And no I didn't pick him - the tassy mare had my pick well and truly.

Also we have same very interesting colts leading up to the Derby with Dalakhani, Pierro, Dundeel and So You Think all having a chance.  And they all stand in Australia.  Anyone know any Tavistocks or Reliable Man's ect showing something out there?
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 4:14pm
non - honestly I forget to proof sorry folks

I could be wrong but I remember Maybe Mahal was one who took out the four major mile handicaps.  So will wait and see if the keep Gatting at that distance or move him up.  After all he did win a Derby as a three year old.

You would think Exceed and Excel can have the winner of the Golden Rose.  That is another stallion who is in purple form at the moment.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>