Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2019-20 Racing Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2019-20 Racing Season
    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 12:46pm
Well I for one can't wait to see what the new season will give us.  
We have seen the retirement of a Champion.  
We have seen quite a few years of drought in the country and it seemed a few mares didn't get in foal last year - was that a weather related problem?
While the country is griped in a drought we have still had heavy G1 racing usually in Sydney which to me just seems cruel.  Some of the country horses have never seen a heavy track before running at these big meetings.
Will the Golden Eagle deliver a Champion four year old colt.  Or will it return a Champion four year old filly to follow in the hoof prints of so many other mares in recent years.
Will an Australian breed ever come out and win the Melbourne Cup again?  Any around for this coming season.
Will the Champion Two Year old be out in the first few weeks of racing in the coming season?
Will Outback Barbie or D'Argento ever win another race?
Is Brutal as good as I think he could be or did he just have a purple patch?
Is it possible for Redzel to win the first three Everests?
Will Mystic Journey be our new Champion?
Will Verry Ellegant (NZ) still be head strong when she comes back or will she have mellowed.  Just how far can she extend her distance if she just settles?
Will K McEvoy win the Everest/Melbourne Cup double again?
Can I Am Invincible every beat Snitzel for the Sires Premiership.
Can Lyre, Kamichi and Microphone return and keep ahead of the sprinters as three year olds.
How many quinellas will Nature Strip and Pierata run?
Can Angel of Truth extend out to 3200m?
Can Castelvecchio stay?
ect ect
ect

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 1:02pm
Brutal is as good as you think he is, Unfortunately his training team are nowhere near as good as people think they are. 
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 1:03pm
Verry Ellegant will still be head strong and will be as good as any mare we have seen in the last 25 years.

reductio ad absurdum
Rhino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 3:28pm
Massive call D. What do you base this on, and how far will she get?????
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 4:06pm
To my eye there is just a real freakishness about her.
reductio ad absurdum
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Verry Ellegant will still be head strong and will be as good as any mare we have seen in the last 25 years.

Lucky Waller
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

that's a big call Djebel considering the great mares we have had - winx, sunline, makybe diva, atlantic jewel, more joyous
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 7:34pm
Even I think you have gone a tad overboard there Djebel.  She does so many things wrong that she'll have to improve her manners to live up to that hype.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 7:46pm
Hey guys, please don't concentrate on one issue rather than overlook all the other beguiling questions raided by Furious.  

The future is mouthwatering, and can hardly wait.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 8:03pm
Will an Australian breed ever come out and win the Melbourne Cup again?  Any around for this coming season.

No & No

Don't know. He had absolutely everything in his favour in Doncaster.

No hope

No
Will Verry Ellegant (NZ) still be head strong when she comes back or will she have mellowed.  Just how far can she extend her distance if she just settles?

4800m

No

Simon Cameron

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Even I think you have gone a tad overboard there Djebel.  She does so many things wrong that she'll have to improve her manners to live up to that hype.

No she wont.

Just let her be herself.

reductio ad absurdum
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 8:33pm
Waller said in an interview the other day that Very Elleegant has comeback back a lot more mature this prep
This space has been intentionally left blank
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 8:42pm
Will the little smurf Ralphy make a return to the Crown marquee in Melbourne Cup week? Not unless they decide midgets wrestling in a pool of jelly in the middle of the tent is a good idea.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 8:55pm
Will the Sheik bring a couple of his newest wives? Will Victorians show him how to do the Australian crawl?Tongue

Simon Cameron

crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 9:08pm
How bags of smack will go up the nostrils of Australia’s finest at Flemington
This space has been intentionally left blank
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 10:22am
Well I tried for positive but it seems a few of you are bleaK indeed about racing. I was asking for the things you want not the worst things you can find.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 10:34am
Did D’Argento win one? I must have missed it 😆
I’ve seen Redzel win two, and no one expected the second mighty effort, I for one, won’t be treating him with disdain come October.
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Well I for one can't wait to see what the new season will give us.  
We have seen the retirement of a Champion.  
We have seen quite a few years of drought in the country and it seemed a few mares didn't get in foal last year - was that a weather related problem?
While the country is griped in a drought we have still had heavy G1 racing usually in Sydney which to me just seems cruel.  Some of the country horses have never seen a heavy track before running at these big meetings.
Will the Golden Eagle deliver a Champion four year old colt.  Or will it return a Champion four year old filly to follow in the hoof prints of so many other mares in recent years.
Will the Champion Two Year old be out in the first few weeks of racing in the coming season?
Will Outback Barbie or D'Argento ever win another race?
Can I Am Invincible every beat Snitzel for the Sires Premiership.
Can Lyre, Kamichi and Microphone return and keep ahead of the sprinters as three year olds.
How many quinellas will Nature Strip and Pierata run?
Can Angel of Truth extend out to 3200m?
Can Castelvecchio stay?
ect ect
ect

The fillies will dominate the Golden Eagle.

Not sure if he can win the cup, but Surprise Baby is the best of the locals, I still feel for the connections about that nose loss.

Not sure who the champion 2yo will be, but iof it is Microphone, he will be a group 1 contender in the VRC week.

Outback Barbie and D'Argenton will not win a race next season.

Brutal will need to improve to be group 1 competitive. Up to open age and having the extra weight. Not saying he can not develop, but he needs to.

Mystic Journey will win a few races, but not sure she will be next season champion racehorse.

Verry Eleegant looks to have improved at each of her presp and no reason to say she will not improve again. Just wondering what race she will be set for. If Waller does his usual thing she will be a Caulfield Cup contender this spring, and then pushed out furtehr as a five year old. She is just as good as Jamekha, so she can win the Caulfield Cup.

McEvoy has a chance to win both races, but if he sticks with Redzel, he has no hope, unless the track is a bottomless heavy. He should have the pick again of Charlie Applebys runners at Flemington, or at least the Godolphin runners.

Now here are my questions.

Will Waller win over 10 group 1's without Winx adding her usual six?

Will the JJ Atkins deliver another 3yo group 1 winner?

Can the New Zealanders win a group 1 during the spring? Will we see Melody Belle, Danzdanzdance, Madison County, Arrogant, The Chosen One and others during the spring.

Can Nature Strip win a group 1 at 1200m?

Will Lindsay Smith have success from the former Weir stables at Warnambool?

Can Waller improve the Perth horses that Bob Peters has moved to his stable?

Will Godolphin once again attack the spring carnival with multiple runners at the carnival?

Will Australia have any overseas runners next season? Will we have runners in Hong Kong, Japan, or Europe?

Is Avilius the real deal or is his best behind him?

Can some non winners win another race? Tom Melbourne, Fundamentalist, Dreamforce and others?

What impact, if any, will the Everests new date have on the melbourne spring carnival?      

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 8:47pm
That makes at least two terrific opinion/question posts, without discounting others.  Star
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 9:11pm
I'm loving this thread already!
Can't wait to see how it all unfolds...

Verry Eleegant is my current favourite and I hope she blows us all away with her talent.

Will Waller get 10+ Group 1's? With the firepower now in his stable, you'd bloomin' better hope so!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 10:02pm
Verry Ellegant will get at least 3 in the spring and probably another 4 in the autumn.
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 10:02pm
If Waller has any balls about him she is a moral in the Cups double.
reductio ad absurdum
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 11:48pm
Only if she settles but it would be nice to see her reach the best she can. I hope you are all wrong with brutal as im a fan and have followed him from the sales. But most of all would be great to see another colt do a lonhro for us to follow
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 5:50pm
Between Shooting to Win and Hallowed Crown - which do you think could get a classic winner?  The second isn't serving many so Shooting to Win has that over him.  One decends from the dam of Zabeel.   The other from the dam of Octagonal.  Will either overcome a certain set against them when both have alot to off from their pedigrees.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 5:51pm
offer instead of off above
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 7:49pm
Ok another question.  Can Scales of Justice get a invite into the Everest?  It's not like he hasn't won a G1 so the class is there.  And the two and three year olds from this season haven't stepped out yet so the rest of the field could come from that group.  
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 8:06pm
I'd consider hallowed crown best chance to get a classic winner furious. Not only being from dam line of zabeel but being a half to needs further puts him in with a chance. Hopefully Godolphin sent him some decent mares.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 8:31pm
Sadly they haven't done so thus far.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 8:45pm
Just wondering if Gooree are better placed to send the stamina bred mares to Hallowed Crown.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 9:30am
All I'm trying to point out is both have wonderful different pedigrees away from the standard Danehill line.  Both are great female lines.  Both should be having a chance.  What is with Darley.  They just don't support some of their stallions.  That just doesn't work.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>