Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Dosage - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Updated Chefs-de-race list for ANZ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Updated Chefs-de-race list for ANZ
    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 3:23pm
I am happy to announce, albeit a little belatedly, an update to the existing ANZ chefs-de-race list.  These were compiled by John Hutchinson from Scone Bloodstock who has been instrumental in the development of this list originally with the TesioPower program.  They are listed below but I have put more detail on these stallions, and some of the reasoning behind their classification at one on the dosage websites, www.dosages.com.au.

Exceed and Excel (B)

Pivotal (I/C)

Fastnet Rock (B/C)

Rossendale (C)

Galileo (C/S)

Seeking The Gold (I)

High Chaparral (C)

Shamardal (I/C)

Hussonet (I)

Storm Cat (I)

I Am Invincible (B)

Sunday Silence (C)

Lonhro (I)

Testa Rossa (B/I)

Made of Gold (B)

Thorn Park (I/C)

Northern Meteor (B)

The Welkin (B/C)

Pantheon (S)

Thunder Gulch (C)

Peintre Celebre (I/C)

Woodman (I/S)

niki View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 6:59pm
Thank you  Smile
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 7:06pm
Thanks Progold and JH.

My understanding is that the Tesio database is no longer supported.

I'm running an old program which I update with new stallions and mares as required, however can't see how I can enter these new chefs for dosage purposes.

Can you please help?
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 7:22pm
If yours is the same as mine 10? just go to the icon at the top and click on tables then Chefs de race, scroll down to the bottom and you can add on new stallions.. I Hope??
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 7:28pm
Thanks Progold Thumbs Up  I was going to ask the same as 2nd Chance; in my case TP10.
We can update the Stallion database at will & for free but not form & new horses etc. There appears to be no add Chef de R options
Ouch

Edited by Gay3 - 13 Jul 2019 at 7:29pm
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 7:32pm
should be able to Gay, I've done it, but it is a manual task.. I have a huge list here, some were on but many not and I'm still not finished loading mine, I'm not sure what I do with my days Wink
Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 8:13pm
I have been in touch with Alistair from TesioPower and he will hopefully update the list in the near future.  I still use TP8, and had to buy a new computer still operating Windows 7 in order to not have to update all of my databases that cannot be converted to TP10.  With TP8 it was always a matter of going to the end of the chefs list and clicking the empty row and adding the new name.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 8:27pm
Thanks Progold & GAJ but on TP10 I can't find a chefs list to update/add to.
Could you 1/2/3 step by step or screenshot it GAJ? The latter has to be saved to desktop then uploaded to postimages or whatever uploaded you have then Copy Forum link onto here.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 8:36pm
It should be under Tools at the top.  Click that for the drop down menu and Chefs de Race should be found in there.  Then go to the end of the list to add a new chef.
Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 8:37pm
As a final note, I would suggest including all of these under the ANZ tab and setting that as your default dosage list.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 9:04pm
Sorry, can't find "tools". Where exactly does this appear on the screen?
Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 10:11pm
Just had a look at the website and the screenshot, and I am guessing if you click on the Tesipower 10 symbol on the top left of the screen it will have a dropdown menu.  TP8 had a series of tabs with File, Edit, Reports, Tools and Help so they probably moved them behind that button.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 2:16pm
Yes very top left, little circle icon with 10 on it, click on it go to tables and across to chefs.. I'll do some screen shots Gay3 soon..
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 2:44pm
Many thanks to those who helped.  Star
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 6:41pm
yiks that sounded way past my ability!
Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 9:40am
I am very happy to announce that the very good resource, pedigreequery.com, has included the updated ANZ chefs-de-race list for their pedigree service.  Great news for followers of dosage who do not have access to their own database.  
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:14pm
and who pray tell designated these?
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

www.3rdmillenniumbloodstock.com.au
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:16pm
what i meant is who does the appraisals/designations for pedigreequery?
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Progold Progold wrote:

I am happy to announce, albeit a little belatedly, an update to the existing ANZ chefs-de-race list.  These were compiled by John Hutchinson from Scone Bloodstock who has been instrumental in the development of this list originally with the TesioPower program.  They are listed below but I have put more detail on these stallions, and some of the reasoning behind their classification at one on the dosage websites, www.dosages.com.au.

Exceed and Excel (B)

Pivotal (I/C)

Fastnet Rock (B/C)

Rossendale (C)

Galileo (C/S)

Seeking The Gold (I)

High Chaparral (C)

Shamardal (I/C)

Hussonet (I)

Storm Cat (I)

I Am Invincible (B)

Sunday Silence (C)

Lonhro (I)

Testa Rossa (B/I)

Made of Gold (B)

Thorn Park (I/C)

Northern Meteor (B)

The Welkin (B/C)

Pantheon (S)

Thunder Gulch (C)

Peintre Celebre (I/C)

Woodman (I/S)

i can agree to eight of them,but need some justification to the rest of them rather than a hunch

Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:09pm
my list for what its worth and i have had these in my db for some years, the ones i omitted dont cut the mustard with me, good stallions BUT i feel some of them are becoming slightly irrelevent in pedigrees, i am invincible is prob the only one i may include in my list, incidently i have 474 "chefs" on my list correct or not leaning toward vuillier as a backup to dosage appraisal, upside for vuillier is that you can use it to define defincies of certain influences within a pedigree, and breed to them, dosage great, + vuillier mmmm mmm

Exceed and Excel (B)

Fastnet Rock (B/C)

Galileo (C/S)

High Chaparral (C)

Hussonet (I)

Storm Cat (I)

Lonhro (I)

Sunday Silence (C)

The Welkin (B/C)

Pantheon (S)

Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:15pm
dont forget though whatever method of keyboard analysis of a pedigree you subscribe to, nothing beats the proof in the pudding, ie wins, for the racing ones  and nice conformation and tractability (for the unrcaced juvenile brigade)

Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:11am
If you are interested in some of the reasoning behind the new classifications in the Australia and New Zealand list of chefs-de-race, please have a look at http://www.dosages.com.au/about.
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 7:46pm
with all due respect pro, i do know how dosage works, i should, only been a devotee ever since an australian thoroughbreds article on it n the early 70's,and regularly corresponded with roman, lol, i think i got bamboozled with the reference to pedigreequery, a good site in its own right, didnt realise till after that jh asigned them, still, i do rememeber some from years ago taking a crack at me for designating danehill as more than a speed influence (proven), what most people, let alone dosage aficionado"s, don"t realise, is that as stallions crops age ther ability to get over distances usually increases rather than decreasing and or staying the same, so in most cases a stallions get will get further distances as they age, and ,like i said dosage gr8 add vuillier greater, problem is not too many understand how vuillier works, mores the pity

Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 8:10pm
With Dr Roman's retirement, we have found that the lack of classification of international stallions has led to a number of horses having trivial dosage profiles. This is not necessarily an issue, as it tells us something on its own, but we were seeing some that had no points within 4 generation profiles which in my view detracts from the study of dosages.  Pedigreequery.com were happy to utilise the ANZ chefs list developed by John Hutchinson over many years as it gives a more complete picture. Hopefully we will get more international input in the not too distant future and I have been in touch with some overseas dosage experts and we can make some announcement shortly. The link was for some of the reasoning behind the latest additions and their impact on their progeny.  An interesting point regarding stallions having more of a stamina influence as they age.  Possibly there is a physical impact of ageing on a stallions offspring, but I would caution on this assumption. Danehill of course is a quite unique example, as he largely had a bit of a different impact between Australia and England albeit incredible success in both countries. There is a chance that as a stallion achieves success with early 2yo's, they are rewarded with better mares who usually have more stamina laden pedigrees.  Danehill for example was able to givee us Nothin' Leica Dane and Arena in his early crops and horses like Fastnet Rock and Exceed And Excel in his later crops.
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 8:23pm
i mentioned to jh years ago that in retrospect, it would have been better right from the getgo if stallions were assigned as either a "chef" (creme de la creme) or assigned to a suplementary list, similar to hh tak and vuillier in the trans categorie, trans brilliant etc and those in the second category recognised by their inclusion, for upgrading the breed without having the basics to achieve a chef's status. doing that would more than likely have given clearer aptitudinal traits, a point that should be recognised is the fact the vuillier included mares in his lists, many people assume that he had one list, which is not the case, in fact up until the recent past mme vuillier, in her nearly 90's was still in the employ of hh the ak (karim) the ak studs continue to excel and still follow the tenets set down by vuillier and the old ak, and like i said, basic horse sense and the ability to "spot" a horse was also employed ala lmbton and others, once vuilier and the ak had identified a "hit list" lambton and hos successors went to work with theirphysical analysis side of things which contributed to the phenomenal run of success since the earlys days of the 20th century

Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 8:39pm
sorry, have two lists one the 3 series of the agha khan which included pocahontas as the only mare and my  other list consists of 5 series of stallions and mares, which is probably the way the agha khans studs went when mme vuolier took over the pedigrees, as she had some form beliefs re female inflences on the breed

Post Reply Post Reply