Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Lindsey Smith Warrnambool experiment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by skippy123 skippy123 wrote:

Our Wind Spirit- some in- common owners with Extra Brut

No casting aspersions here- my sisters mates with one of them!
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 9:11pm
The beach is just a cover story for all of the gear Weiry was pumping into their veins.
This space has been intentionally left blank
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 9:15pm
When is that going to become proof positive?
Otherwise you have no idea of training a racehorse.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 9:15pm
Or is that all coffee shop gossip?
billyjack View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 9:25pm
Plonker, comments like that are why this forum is dying, you seem to know a lot about Weiry , still no one mentions the family that's so far up the establishment they will never get caught, drinks and meals with stewards
gordy
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 9:35pm
I know a cheat when I see one.
Sad that you can’t understand that.
Discohips23 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 9:38pm
I’m happy to wait until the AFP put their charges forward. Then we will see how far off the money some of us “coffee shop” gossipers are.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by crooked_gambler crooked_gambler wrote:

I know a cheat when I see one.
Sad that you can’t understand that.

LOLLOL LOL
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 8:47am
It’s quite simple and do not know why all the conspiracy theories? L Smith is one of Australia’s best horseman/trainers ! I think most good WA trainers have copied or learnt from his ideas. Darren Weir made no secret about how much he admired smiths training methods over the years. Warrnambool was only a small replication on what L Smith has in Perth!! That’s also why wier set up new place in Moulden! Didn’t he report he was shipping in truck loads of sand to replicate his training methods?? I’m pretty sure he has been very upfront. NOW!! We can see why!!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 8:56am
Then why tube, jig, epo, and fix races if all you need is a couple of truck loads sand?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 9:00am
why don’t you ask Voodoo Lad how good the sand was for him???

Oh yeah that’s right..... he’s dead.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 9:10am
Today I learned sand makes horses able to run through walls...allegedly 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 10:37am
Voodoo lad, thats one.....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 10:43am
Haha, now it’s a numbers game!!!. Have a listen to yourself.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 10:43am
And i bet you are lining your punting pocket .

Run through walls?

Dont think so. 
Have a go your self. Will make you work harder than "pinging" of regular work tracks.
AND you dont have to be galloping to get fit.
Great aerobic exercise.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 10:52am
Numbers game?
That is what you are making of it.
Pointless argument; i can recall the lovely animals with Chris Waller that broke down while racing.
Is one of those sad occurrences.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 10:56am
Once again. Why the reason to EPO, TUBE, JIG, FIX RACES, etc if all you need is to work them on sand?. Why isn’t every trainer who used the beach getting the same results?. I’ll tell you why, because they aren’t EPOing, TUBING, JIGGING, FIXING RACES etc.
Lexawin View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lexawin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Discohips23 Discohips23 wrote:

Once again. Why the reason to EPO, TUBE, JIG, FIX RACES, etc if all you need is to work them on sand?. Why isn’t every trainer who used the beach getting the same results?. I’ll tell you why, because they aren’t EPOing, TUBING, JIGGING, FIXING RACES etc.

Sad to say you really are a dick.... you need to get a life and move on... you would not have a clue...JMHO.Wink
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 12:52pm
Some people love horses.
And some people love money.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 1:13pm
And some combine their love of horses to train to EARN money

And not just compete for ribbons.

Those equestrians, whether racehorses, jumping, sensory riding, teaching kids, riding schools etc who can combine the two will tell you its the best job.

In fact if you can earn a quid from what you love to do , wonderful and lucky.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 1:18pm
If Lindsey continues on this projectory of success i'm sure more eastern states trainers will look at it.

Those who are doing it and not winning, cant help you; maybe they are not good enough as trainers.

I did quite well with the sand without resorting to ANY of the rubbish you talk of.

Also keeps horses "'fresh" in the mind.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 1:22pm
I thought too much sand work took the speed out of them?
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 2:04pm
It sounds like you could write a book on what you know Isaac.
And fill a library with what you don’t.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Lexawin Lexawin wrote:

Originally posted by Discohips23 Discohips23 wrote:

Sad to say you really are a dick.... you need to get a life and move on... you would not have a clue...JMHO.Wink

Bahahahahahaha. I see you couldn’t answer my simple question. You were probably the one who started the “STAND WITH DARREN” campaign. Ya twat
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 3:15pm
Cheaters gonna cheat.
Got no time for that.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

It's the job of professional trainers to get the balance right whether it be sand, hill, track, treadmill, swimming etc. work & the dunes didn't seem to slow up Phar Lap too much Wink

Resistance training is ideal to retain soundness but the old adage 'everything in moderation' rings true.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 5:12pm

Perth trainer Lindsey Smith juggling new Warrnambool base

RESPECTED trainer Lindsey Smith has his fingers crossed Reykjavik and Pacodali will continue the remarkable run of his new Warrnambool stable at Flemington on Saturday.

Smith, who took over on-course stables of banned trainer Darren Weir at Warrnambool, was back in the winners' stall after Our Wind Spirit saluted at Ballarat on Thursday.

Reykjavik is trying for back-to-back Flemington wins for Smith on Saturday while he also saddles up Pacodali in a $135,000 race.

"Reykjavik has not missed a beat since his last-start Flemington win," he said. 

"He's got up a bit in weight but is down slightly in class. I'm just hoping that all works out. 

"Pacodali is having his first run for me so it's just a wait and see. He's seems in great order."

The talented horseman, who also trains in Perth, paid credit to his Warrnambool staff for the success of his new stabling operation.

"The Warrnambool stable is going great," he said. 

"I think we've had six winners from not many runners since we took over the stables. I'm very lucky I've got great staff at Warrnambool who allow me to also run my stable in Perth. 

"It's a wonderful training facility. We're slowly building our numbers in Warrnambool. 

"It's going to take a bit of time before we get it full. I spend a fortnight in Warrnambool and then head back to Perth for a fortnight. It's a pretty hectic lifestyle but I'm loving it."

Bookmakers have installed Reykjavik as the $3.50 favourite for the 1600 metre race and Pacodali is rated a $6 chance to win his race.

Fellow Warrnambool trainers Peter Chow, Daniel Bowman, Symon Wilde and Matthew Williams have runners on the big nine race program at Flemington.

NEW HOME: Lindsey Smith has taken over Darren Weirs stables in Warrnambool. Picture: Morgan Hancock

https://www.standard.net.au/story/6282362/its-a-pretty-hectic-lifestyle-but-im-loving-it/?cs=10266

reductio ad absurdum
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

It's the job of professional trainers to get the balance right whether it be sand, hill, track, treadmill, swimming etc. work & the dunes didn't seem to slow up Phar Lap too much Wink
Resistance training is ideal to retain soundness but the old adage 'everything in moderation' rings true.  

Interestingly, about two-thirds of the top metro trainers in WA train their horses on non-turf surfaces, particularly sand.  And more than a few walk/swim them at the beach.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Softy Softy wrote:

It sounds like you could write a book on what you know Isaac.
And fill a library with what you don’t.

Give us all the benefit of your experience.
But its not horses where your experiences lie is it.
Most would say you never stop learning, but the smart person you are says she knows it all.Wink

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 7:38pm
Bob Peters uses trainers who use sand as their training base.

Softy why do you argue when you dont know what you are talking about?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>