Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Lindsey Smith Warrnambool experiment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 6:31pm
Interesting to see that he has now got that nice Japanese horse, Ambitious in his WA stable. Formerly with Anthony Freedman. Same owners, near as I can tell.

Wonder if he did some camp drafting in Maldon before heading out west? Wink
Discohips23 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 9:18pm
The new “ Country Cups King” is now amongst us!. Mortlake, Kyneton, Port Fairy, Koroit. They say small fish are sweet! Onya Lindsey.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 9:31pm
He appears to be going much better here than in WA. Maybe he's brought only the better ones over Confused
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 10:33pm
Possibly......Don’t you think It’s amazing that trainers who have been established in the Southwest “region” of the State for years haven’t been able to achieve those same results?. After all, they are more hands on, all have access to the same amount of deep sand and salt water, track facilities, riders, etc etc. Not don’t I’ll cop it from the usual admirers, but who cares. The industry needs another bush battler. Remember, back Smith, get pithed!
breeding_above_all View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote breeding_above_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 8:35pm
Let's call a spade a spade.. we all know why he's going better at Warnambool than WA. Old mate is still involved
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 9:28pm
I have learnt the hard way. “Cutting to the chase” & “Calling a spade a spade” got me into soooooo much trouble in 2019. I’m one year older now and have made peace with all “lovers of the dodgy”. Although, this year is still young and they say with age comes a “lack of filter”. Bring on 2020 I say.
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 10:42pm
Maybe he is the master? Darren was the pupil?
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breeding_above_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 11:03pm
It is what it is.. use the information to your advantage as a punter.
We have very little advantages, when one of his horse in Vic is backed and especially if it's an ex old mate horse GET ON.
Already have profited plenty using this logic
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 6:24am
Until he gets to the stage like ol’mate when he has multiple runners in each race. 
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 7:31am
Originally posted by Discohips23 Discohips23 wrote:

Until he gets to the stage like ol’mate when he has multiple runners in each race. 

can you be less satly?  let me guess you are a small fish and weiry wouldn't touch one of your horses?

so you are hinting smith is cheating off the back of what?  he took over some stables weir had? well hun maher an co took over some to are they cheating? deary me
chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breeding_above_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 7:54am
Wake up Mowie, you can't be this naive
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 9:20am
Originally posted by mowie mowie wrote:

can you be less satly?  let me guess you are a small fish and weiry wouldn't touch one of your horses?

so you are hinting smith is cheating off the back of what?  he took over some stables weir had? well hun maher an co took over some to are they cheating? deary me

Did you see Salon du Cheval on Sunday Mowie ? Hadn’t won a race since oct 2018 has come here won 2 in a row. Sunday sat 3 wide   Appeared to overrace , and ran through the line like dare I say a Weir horse used to .
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 10:40am
Where can I get a list of the combo horses? 🍻😁
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 12:29pm
I’m sure L Smith is! And always has been a very good horseman!! Why is everyone so surprised?
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by breeding_above_all breeding_above_all wrote:

It is what it is.. use the information to your advantage as a punter.
We have very little advantages, when one of his horse in Vic is backed and especially if it's an ex old mate horse GET ON.
Already have profited plenty using this logic

Shhhhhh!!!
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Straight arrow Straight arrow wrote:

I’m sure L Smith is! And always has been a very good horseman!! Why is everyone so surprised?

Spot on. Likely a fine horseman well before old mate came along.
And I'd bet Smith is no one's puppet ever
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by mowie mowie wrote:

Weiry wouldn’t touch one of my horses?. Weiry didn’t knock back anyone’s horses. That’s why he had more horses on his books than any other trainer in the country. 

I’ll ask you the same question. Are you “hinting” that Smith is a better trainer than any of the trainers from the Warrnambool/Ballarat areas?. Maybe you can ask ol’ mate DK through the vertical iron bars once the courts are done with. 
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 6:43am

Maybe DK will have a cell mate he knows well Disco, JM will welcome him with a smile and they'll reflect on their achievements with pride.......

Edited by Gay3 - 08 Jan 2020 at 8:11am
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 6:30pm
What the hell is he doing with Beautiful Mind ?

It is bordering on criminal certainly incompetence. 
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 8:27pm
Jesus the jockey looked like a 4 kilo claimer.
reductio ad absurdum
billyjack View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 9:01pm
Funny you wrote about Albany races as I too have never seen 2 worse rides than M Pateman, can he get them beat both same trainer
gordy
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 6:57pm
I see Maddie Raymond is now a trainer. I wonder if she will rent boxes off Lindsey Smith?. 🤔
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 6:59pm
What is her story ?

Her first runner was to be today at Caulfield and was a very interesting import.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 7:02pm
Oh I see she has learned her trade through Darren Weir.

Confused
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 7:09pm
No idea the background of the horse, but how can the stewards let all this sh1t happen again. You had Mclean stable foreman for Weir and training his own horses. He was setting up races with his and Weir runners in the same race, stewards coming down to Warrnambool to do swabs only to find them not in the allocated base, but somewhere else. Haven’t we been down this track before????? She either trains in her own right or she’s an assistant to Smith.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 7:27pm
Plenty of other smaller trainers work for bigger stables.
The industry wouldn’t exist if everyone had to stick to just one task.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 8:14pm
Would have thought she’d have enough on her plate considering the bloke she works for spends the majority of his time in WA. It’s all good. We might be fortunate to see a repeat of the 2018 Grand National Hurdle and the like.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 9:50pm
Lindsey is actually in Warrnambool more often than not nowadays.
The family are about to relocate here.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 4:29pm
The black marks are adding up. 
reductio ad absurdum
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 4:39pm
By all means identify the specific black marks that are are allegedly adding up.

ps The East Coast Autumn carnival is commencing: Smith will be here for most of it.  The WA late Autumn/Winter carnival commences following Autumn carnival: Smith will be back in Perth for it. The Spring carnival commences....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>