Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Vow And Declare

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vow And Declare
    Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 10:31pm
Had the winner Lord but I know someone who went hard at the $5.00 the place, and I felt so sorry for him.

He looked at me and asked what I thought, and he knows I have a shocking record at photos and when I said I thought he got there, he knew he was done.

The same happened with Stretan Angel in the Sunlight but it was clear she had missed the place.  
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 6:45pm
Great effort to work home for 4th placing, was cheering for him to jag 3rd but just missed!

Should he have been in the Tancred instead?  Maybe he wasn’t ready for 2400m 2nd up, but suspect he’d have smoked the likes of Kalapour & More Felons at WFA.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 6:08am
Don't rule out the Tancred for him, especially now it and the Australian Cup are to be run on the same day this year, or even the Ranvet the week before.
Seeing Manchester United relegated would mean more than words can describe to me.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 10:40pm
He might run a placing in the Australian Cup if they do go there and maybe he will pull a rabbit out of the hat and win it. He is still yet to win a Group 1 WFA race. Time might be running out to achieve this.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 2:03pm
He looks to  be going well at present, and seems happy doing his job,  but I do hope they retire him with dignity, and not run him into the ground when the time comes that he slows up.  
animals before people.
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Originally posted by brave_ponies brave_ponies wrote:

🧡 this horse

He was even listed on my annual statement as the horse I’ve had most bets on LOL

You would of lost a bit of money on him. He doesn't win much.

I lose on most horses Jama!l But that's my bad, not theirs LOL

Actually, though,  as others have pointed out, with the long e/w odds I often got on him, I'm probably in front.

He owes me NOTHING anyway – cos he's just a genuine fabulous horse and I've enjoyed following him over the years.

Balciano View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Balciano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 1:24pm

Acacia Alba - Vow And Declare has placed 12 times from 40 starts....30% strike rate when finishing 2nd/3rd. Not a high percentage. 

Doesn't need to be a high % if he's running placings at $21 on Sat and $71 in the Spring.

Dandy Andy didn't have a great strike rate at Group Level but I bet you'd be pretty happy if you'd backed him e/w every start.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 12:30pm
That being said, he's as honest as they come. 
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 12:29pm
Acacia Alba - Vow And Declare has placed 12 times from 40 starts....30% strike rate when finishing 2nd/3rd. Not a high percentage. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 11:09am

Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

What a ridiculous comment. 

Why is it a ridiculous comment? Is he a horse that wins regularly? 

You ever heard of each way bets Jamal ?  Check and see how many places he has run.
animals before people.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 10:09am
While your about Jamal, why don't you make your way over to the Romantic Warrior thread and explain why you think the current model for racing in Australia is no good?

You've had nearly 3 months to cook up reasons.

Although you'll probably just ignore this comment because you know it was a ridiculous assertion.
Seeing Manchester United relegated would mean more than words can describe to me.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Why is it a ridiculous comment? Is he a horse that wins regularly? 
Balciano View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Balciano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 8:57am
Running 2nd in a Caulfield Stakes last Spring at $71 would've covered a lot of those bets Jamal.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 8:45am
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 8:44am
Originally posted by brave_ponies brave_ponies wrote:

🧡 this horse

He was even listed on my annual statement as the horse I’ve had most bets on LOL

You would of lost a bit of money on him. He doesn't win much.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2024 at 3:57pm
He has been an old stager for the stable but I wish they kept him in training now until the Cup in November.

Once fit he is a horse who loves his races spaced and he would be sensational, going to a Tancred, 3 weeks into a Sydney Cup, then up to Brisbane for the Brisbane version and then keep him ticking over with a 2800m race in the winter.

But I guess he is going well anyway so the Australian Cup will be his next run.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2024 at 11:22am
Rider Billy Egan (Vow And Declare) pleaded guilty to a charge under the provisions of AR132(7)(a)(ii) for using his whip 8 times prior to the 100m, which is 3 more than permitted. Billy Egan had his licence to ride in races suspended for a total of 8 race meetings (3 metropolitan, 5 provincial), with the period to commence on Sunday 3 March 2024 and expire on Saturday 9 March 2024. Accordingly, Billy Egan will be able to ride on Sunday 10 March 2024. Billy Egan was also fined $1500. In assessing penalty, account was taken of his guilty plea, record, totality of whip strikes (17), that it was a staying race, a Group 2 event, the Victorian Penalty Guidelines and his mount placed 2nd.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 9:47pm
🧡 this horse

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 5:48pm
Thought for that split second he had it.  What a grand old horse.
animals before people.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 3:08pm
He just doesn't know how to run a bad race. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 1:31pm
We do love those old war horses, dont we BP.  Thumbs Up
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 8:42am
Agree, he runs out 3200 but isn’t a 2-miler in Cup speak. Though he sure covered some ground last night - 3 & 4 wide the whole way. (Which might have been tactical, as the best way for him to handle the MV circuit…)
I’d just love to see him run well and place. There’s a Zipping-ness about him now and it’s great for us who love racehorses.
Sentimental old fool that I am Embarrassed LOL
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 1:57am
Yeah you could be right diggo, but for me he has been ridden badly in those two cups.

I absolutely agree with you that the Cup he did win was a race devoid of speed so that may have assisted his win.

All I know is that if he draws well, and is not dragged back to beyond midfield in the run, he will do no work until he needs to from the 1000m.

diggo View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 12:14am
Im not convinced he can run a strong 3200m Voyager. The 2019 Cup was a sit & sprint, not a true staying test. His last 2 cracks at the Melbourne Cup rated way below his 2000-2500m runs in the same campaign. You should know that as a ratings guy.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve backed him to win the Cup at 70/1 after his might & power performance. He was very good again tonight. He can win the Cup if he reproduces these performances. I just don’t think he will at 3200m.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 10:52pm
Just got beaten in a fast run race. Drops four kilos into the cup and we know he can run 3200m. He ticks a lot of boxes.

Again I do not think he can win but if he draws well and does not have to get back too far from the speed he can finish top four.

This will be a strong edition of the Moonee Valley Cup. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 10:21pm
Another great run! 🧡
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2023 at 9:14pm
I think he’s only had about 30 starts, plus a long spell to overcome injury, so hasn’t been greedily raced …
Personally I love seeing him still racing competitively and looking great. Too many one-hit wonders these days. And I fully believe DOB will do the right thing by him.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2023 at 11:20am
They have an off the track program, you can see some the horses from the stable and what they are doing now on his website.

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2023 at 11:17am
Danny is very good with his horses. He will know when the time is right to pull the pin. From all reports, he's as happy and healthy as he was from the day he arrived at the stable.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2023 at 9:27am
No, my point is he’s an old warhorse in racing terms. I just hope they retire him to a good life at the first sign of trouble, or unsoundness of any kind and don’t soldier on, trying to wring another buck or two out of him
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>