Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

John Setka

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:24pm
Your lawyers. LOL

gay will delete my posts before you get to first base!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 1:34pm
reductio ad absurdum
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 1:40pm
Good job Albo.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 3:01pm
Domestic violence MURDERS have doubled across Australia in the past 12 months. For all her good work it doesn't seem to be the answer
Refer ALP Election Promises
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Domestic violence MURDERS have doubled across Australia in the past 12 months. For all her good work it doesn't seem to be the answer

according to you and John Setka that would be down to her Confused
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 3:04pm
No - cant you read Whale ? I just said it doesn't seem to be the answer. Big difference
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 3:06pm
So we should just ignore it?

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 3:08pm
Actually i should clarify that statement above - they have doubled across NSW (19 to 38) - not sure how the rest of the country is going. Domestic violence in general in NSW according to police is status quo - with the higher incidence believed to be due to more reporting. Well you would say that i suppose.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

So we should just ignore it?

Maybe we need to look at areas that are not real palatable PT. Like some of those people we let into this country with less than tolerant views on the treatment/role of their partners in their relationship. 
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 3:12pm
Well it makes sense that there would be more reporting given the spotlight that has been shone one it. That’s what tends to happen.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 3:14pm
Do you have some stats on that oneone, or is it just a vibe based on your view of ''those people''?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 3:18pm
But their is a dilemma there isnt there. Whats more important - allowing immigrants who culturally/ religiously have much less tolerance to their partners activities or having more DV issues once the partners are exposed to a more tolerant society. Very difficult to have both.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 3:20pm
No - just take a walk down your old neck of the woods around Bankstown way PT. The women are subservient.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 3:21pm
What ethnicity or religion was Greg Anderson who bashed Luke Batty's head in with a cricket bat? Was it a factor in his abhorrent actions?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 3:23pm
Who woulda guessed this thread would make it's way to Islam? Ouch
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 3:24pm

Image result for me me gif
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 3:25pm

I’m surprised. I thought OneOne was a real champion of religious freedom.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 3:27pm
Only if it involves bashing gays.Embarrassed
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 3:29pm
i'm sure their are many instances of "aussies" being involved in DV. However, to suggest many of those we are letting in here are not potential DV cases just waiting to happen would just be you putting your head in the sand. Our middle eastern friends have a very low tolerance to women spreading their wings - & i'd be surprised if too many took much notice of what Rosieis saying. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 3:31pm
But hey - you guys keep making it an Aussie redneck yobo problem by all means if that makes you sleep better at night.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 3:33pm
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 4:03pm
Let me guess - you blokes are in favor of lightening the lockout laws in NSW as well i suppose ? I mean Subby  & Judge used to always say grog had nothing to do with DV - getting pie eyed had no influence on how you treated your partner. Deary me. We want to decrease DV - but only if we can still get as full as googs whenever we go out. Dont worry - i'm sure the Hotels Association will be able to come up with detailed stats to show the lock-out laws actually make DV - & violence in general - worse. Obvious  Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Let me guess - you blokes are in favor of lightening the lockout laws in NSW as well i suppose ? I mean Subby  & Judge used to always say grog had nothing to do with DV - getting pie eyed had no influence on how you treated your partner. Deary me. We want to decrease DV - but only if we can still get as full as googs whenever we go out. Dont worry - i'm sure the Hotels Association will be able to come up with detailed stats to show the lock-out laws actually make DV - & violence in general - worse. Obvious  Confused

A totally off topic discussion but of course they should get rid of the lockout laws. What a nanny-state embarrassment that is! Should not be restricting people like that. By all means crack down harder on the few who cause trouble but please! Would not happen in any other big city in the world!
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 6:53pm
Yes lets bring this thread back to the union thugs and as ScoMo said one gone, more to go in response to AnAl asking for setkas head.LOL

Off topic? This thread has covered a gamut of subjects; at one stage it was the general thread in disguise.

And why when 11 said religious pt brought up islam? 

Anyway its the drugs coming in from asia which are the main culprit.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 6:53pm
pt what would have shorten done?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 7:00pm
Setka is elected by his union's members and they have to get rid of him. If he is a Labor Party member of Victoria, that state's executive would have to get rid of him.Not up to Albanese or Shorten were he still there.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 7:06pm
Union thugs.  Yes there's a few.

But not as many as the Coalition'sbanking mates like Ian Narev etc to whom who financial thuggery is a way of life.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 7:16pm
And that "way of life" came a bout when keating "opened" up the banking system.

Ian narev...comes from NEW ZEALAND. Go home and help jacinda. She may be needing it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 7:17pm

Setka is elected by his union's members and they have to get rid of him. If he is a Labor Party member of Victoria, that state's executive would have to get rid of him.Not up to Albanese or Shorten were he still there.

What a  get out for AnAl.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 7:22pm
He orchestrated it Isaac. Ermm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>