Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Morrison Coalition Government

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 389>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

Prickly pt.
Why, if China is as benign as you make them out pt are many counties worried about their presence
and USA has been an ally fore a very long time, co existing with each other but not feeling threatened by them.
Why is this pt?
I liken it to parenting; China the helicopter parent, USA the free range parent.

Why do the Hong Kongers feel the need to protest?
Dont want to lose their democracy?
Seems fair enough pt.
What is it that China offers that attracts you and others?

The US has free-ranged, helicoptered and 52ed over a lot of the planet. Ask the Laotians. Still getting blown up at a great rate from Yankee bombs.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 5:56pm
When you think about it, without meaning to go all Pilger on your arse, America is the mad bomber of the world. It would be interesting to know what percent of the world total of bombs dropped in human history - either in number of bombs or tonnage - America accounts for.  My guess is over 90%.

Simon Cameron

Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 6:05pm
Still many bombs being unearthed in Britain and France because of WW1 and 2.
Bombs after ISIS.

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

Prickly pt.
Why, if China is as benign as you make them out pt are many counties worried about their presence
and USA has been an ally fore a very long time, co existing with each other but not feeling threatened by them.
Why is this pt?
I liken it to parenting; China the helicopter parent, USA the free range parent.

Why do the Hong Kongers feel the need to protest?
Dont want to lose their democracy?
Seems fair enough pt.
What is it that China offers that attracts you and others?

The US has free-ranged, helicoptered and 52ed over a lot of the planet. Ask the Laotians. Still getting blown up at a great rate from Yankee bombs.

You need some new material Isaac, this is getting really old.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 8:18pm
Or hitting the mark as evidenced by your response.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 8:43pm
The Pacific Island Panhandlers are a joke ... I don't think Rugby China or the Chinese NRL will be swaying their allegiances anytime soon ... they are like children stamping their feet and demanding more lollies.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 8:35am
It just gets better for The Parrot.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 11:57am
I noticed that Jones warmed up on Ardern with a backhander.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 12:27pm
PT you do Twitter - could you post a few of the tweets about The Australian that featured on Media Watch last night? They were funny.

I picked up a copy of The Daily Bullgelati  this morning and right at the top of the front page there is a photo of Jones with a big bold capitalised headline - SYDNEY DESERVES BETTER.

I certainly can't argue with that I thought. Sydney deserves a lot better than Jones but it was jarring reading it on the front page of the Bullgelati. Turns out it's about an article by Jones inside the paper.

Simon Cameron

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Bit misleading PT, that comment was made in the original broadcast, is not new as you imply 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 1:40pm
Jones is a fascinating psychological study. The people who listen to him even more so.Wink

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 1:48pm
Same with Trump. His followers are much more interesting to me than Trump is. I've seen plenty of narcissistic scumbag hucksters before but never one with tens of millions of devotees. Fascinating.Smile

Simon Cameron

JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 2:07pm
I think a psych study would find two broad types of Trumpette. Firstly, the nation seems so polarised that for one side Pelosi/Warren/Sanders/Clintons are evil incarnate, and represent an existential threat to their way of life as they know it. They don’t like Trump, but would vote for Pol Pot ahead of any Democrat. These people are the rusted on.

The other are people who genuinely believe Trump is a great and honest man, choc full of integrity and with their best interests at heart. These people are the morons.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

I think a psych study would find two broad types of Trumpette. Firstly, the nation seems so polarised that for one side Pelosi/Warren/Sanders/Clintons are evil incarnate, and represent an existential threat to their way of life as they know it. They don’t like Trump, but would vote for Pol Pot ahead of any Democrat. These people are the rusted on.

The other are people who genuinely believe Trump is a great and honest man, choc full of integrity and with their best interests at heart. These people are the morons.

I don't like to think badly of people but on this I must agree
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 2:17pm
Dont you mean the deplorables, as said by HILARY, much to her detriment.

And IF Hilary had won you would be hearing from the other side.

Hardly rocket science people but i know where you are coming from re morons. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 2:27pm
PNG govt has today put the weights on Morrison for a $1.5 billion gift to help with budget assistance. 

Either they haven't heard about our dire budget position or China has made them a nice offer and they are seeing if SlyMo wants to match or better it.

As it isn't for anything to do with climate change they should be ok. Thumbs Up

I am sure the PM will pray on it today though.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 2:36pm
NZ PM Jacinda Ardern response to Alan Jones' comments last week: "I understand he used to be closely linked to the Wallabies, so let’s just say that revenge is best served through a Bledisloe Cup."
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 8:27pm
There are two types of people in the world. Those who think they have the right, usually God given, to control what you do with your own body, and those who don't.

Simon Cameron

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 1:30am

Yawn ... if that concerns you, give yourself an uppercut snowflake.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 8:51am
They all benefit from a few backhanders to keep em focused on their cooking, cleaning, washing and ironing eh Doc?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 10:13am
Wonder if Doc gives any oh his female employees a backhander or two if the till doesn't balance or they put too much spice in the falafels?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 10:14am
Whoops, should've seen PT's post before adding my 10 cents worth.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 10:16am
All contributions welcome SC Hug
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 10:17am
Even from Isaac, who is very harsh with me. Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 11:21am
oh come on pt, i'm like the labor treasurer, 
a wet lettuce leaf.

ps couldnt imagine SC putting up with any rubbish from either male or female. Straight to the face......
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 11:28am
I have feelings. Cry
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 3:41pm

They all benefit from a few backhanders to keep em focused on their cooking, cleaning, washing and ironing eh Doc?

I value my life too much PT.

Besides, it's hard to land a decent one when they are walking two paces behind you ...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 4:00pm
You need to shorten her hopples a bit so she cant get away so quick.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 4:07pm
Not like when I was a kid and the old man gave us a belting or a clip behind the ear, whether we needed it or not ... just in case.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 4:09pm
And there I was picturing Doc in a toddler harness, dragging the Mrs around the shops in a frenzy.......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 389>