Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Morrison Coalition Government

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 389>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Morrison Coalition Government
    Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:09am
There we go. 
Refer ALP Election Promises
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:21am
My predictions for the Morrison government. They will never produce a budget surplus and the government debt will blow out further.Tongue
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:34am
Yes the mess they were leaving Labor are now theirs to fix.

I am sure though that all future debt will be added to Labor's debt as usual.LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:37am
Well i must say i thought both Shorten & Morrison spoke well last night. I'm surprised Bill even had a speech along those lines prepared - anyhow he came across very well. Morrison does have a gift of the gab no doubt . Lovely family as well- those two little girls looked so proud of their dad.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:45am
We could well be looking at very long stint for Scomo. He will have absolute rule over the party & be able to set up an extremely stable unit. Actually - you have to wonder how the ALP can ever win now. Disunity was almost their biggest trump card going in & they still couldn't get over the line.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:54am
The ABC coverage last night is a great case study in body language. Penny Wong & that Laura Tingle started off full of beans. Sure both had their celebration parties already sorted. Then you could see the smile slowly come off their faces until the realisation hit that they were in strife. The sad thing is Wong tries to advance the belief that she is grounds root, in touch with the peoples needs.She is not. For all of their issues, the likes of Barnaby & Dutton are really more across peoples daily needs than Penny ever will be.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:55am
I didn't think it'd take long for the sour grapes & negativity to flow LOL
Gee this site's sluggish today - for me anyway Confused
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:57am
And i will say this & get off before i get shot down. I think the Folau affair "did" impact the vote of some. Very polarising & may have cemented a few swingers into thinking "enough is a enough"
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:57am
He may have more control with Abbott gone, Molan missing a Senate Seat and Barnaby neutered but with only a few seat majority it will be dependent on who Labor selects as a leader. Logic says Albo, but there will be major pressure for a woman from the left. If Albo is leader he is very popular and wont be trailing by 20 points in preferred PM, and Morrison wont be without poll pressure very long. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:58am
Very sluggish Gay. Takes a minute for pages to load and hold your breath to see if a post registers.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 12:00pm
Disappointing how the media tried to make something about how Morrison seemed largely by himself.

It just made him look very strong and capable, whereas Bill needed the back up with all those around him.

abc dont deserve any more money the sanctimonious mob. Will have to tune into local abc radio to hear to hear how they respond. LOL With Ita at the helm now will be interesting times for the public servants.

ALP will be looking for that miracle worker themselves.

Is that possible pt? for non believers?

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

I didn't think it'd take long for the sour grapes & negativity to flow LOL
Gee this site's sluggish today - for me anyway Confused

The Climate Change delusion was put to bed last night .

We may now see more progress.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 12:03pm
Surely you mean less progress maxie?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Very sluggish Gay. Takes a minute for pages to load and hold your breath to see if a post registers.

You've slowed it up PT ...   The hordes Queue'd up to get at you ...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 12:06pm
It was pretty swift and savage maxie. LOL
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 12:28pm
Morrison won this entire election on his own.
Credit where credit is due, he carried a broken party, campaigned unbelievably well, and got one of the greatest victories by a single leader in recent memory.

The ALP lean too far to the left.
Its actually that simple.

Australia still has large religious beliefs, and whilst same sex marriage vote was approved, most Australians dont want too much change, and the first change you cant offend is religion.

Its not being said, but I guarantee that Morrison won because Muslims, Jews, Christians, would have voted for him, on mass.
To not think that, would be in denial.
Morrison is deeply religious, a man as stating last night, believes in "miracles".

When you have Penny Wong banging on about her Atheism, you pretty much have no chance.

Personally, I thought Shorten would win, based purely on the fact Australian wages are stagnant.

Australians are learning to live more simply.
Yesteryear, smashed avocado was an everyday event for many people, now its a once a month luxury.

One must beg to question, if people are stagnant with their finances, yet still voted Morrison, we ask "why"?

We have repeated what happened in America.
The polls are false, so dont even make reference to them in the future. They are clearly a false and delusional sense of comfort.

I think at the end of the day, Shorten wasnt liked because he sides too much with the Politically Correct, and society is rejecting that on mass.
Its actually a minority that support PC brigade. Its not a large movement. The media make it seem like it is.

Shorten doesnt speak well either. His over-dramatised pauses are very predictable.
Morrison came across as more real.
And at the end of the day, that counts for plenty too.
People see through superficiality.

Morrisons victory is one of the most outstanding in Australian political history.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 12:36pm

WE WANT DOC ____   when _ NOW.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 8:06pm
I will put this out there early in the thread. Has Morrison got the goods to become a great leader of this country ? What are his strengths - his weaknesses ? He is only 51 years old - so he has got a potential 15 to 20 years ahead of him. I thought his speech last night was excellent - first time i had seen him in that light.
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 8:17pm
So over or under 1.5 PM's this term?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 8:25pm
As i understand it (& i dont really) - Morrison is pretty well locked in for the next 3 years Heavy. 
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 8:29pm
Morrison will be knifed by June 30, 2020
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 8:44pm
Given the pig spent north of $30M and paid for some LNP HTV cards. what is his price ???
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

I will put this out there early in the thread. Has Morrison got the goods to become a great leader of this country ? What are his strengths - his weaknesses ? He is only 51 years old - so he has got a potential 15 to 20 years ahead of him. I thought his speech last night was excellent - first time i had seen him in that light.

I saw leigh sales interview him on 7.30 and he was very "punchy" knew figures, never hesitated in his answers. Very strong. The treasurer portfolio has put him in good stead.

What portfolios did Bill shorten hold? He seemed to paper over with words, not facts.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

My predictions for the Morrison government. They will never produce a budget surplus and the government debt will blow out further.Tongue

Is that the same prediction that had labor in a landslide?

Like the labor mob, no clue.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by mc41 mc41 wrote:

Given the pig spent north of $30M and paid for some LNP HTV cards. what is his price ???

Sour grapes. The greens and get up couldnt do it for you. Get with the strengthLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

Morrison will be knifed by June 30, 2020

Watch the internal bitch fest happen in the labor ranks.

Do you think they will be SORTED by 2020?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:33pm
mc you still chasing the class division?   

When will you ever learn?

3 years i supposeLOL
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:39pm
  Is just plain DUMB better...    Morrison is in for the long haul.
He has lifted the Party above the white anters and won a difficult election .. and made huge fools of people like u wc41.
Also of benefit is the Parties parasites have gone =   Turnbull, Pine , julie Bishop , Banks etc .   
The LNP will reign supreme for many years ahead.

Edited by Gay3 - 19 May 2019 at 10:20pm
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:44pm
I agree Macca. i am looking for a suitable word/ phrase to describe it. How about "the opposite of a perfect storm"
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:44pm
Is going to take a supreme leader from labor to topple Scott Morison.

a period of instability coming up for the labor party.

Nothing outstanding in the present crop.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 389>