Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Wednesday Racing Blog May 15 2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wednesday Racing Blog May 15 2019
    Posted: 15 May 2019 at 9:33am
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 10:27am
Good morning Gay3 and all. Big smile
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 1:02pm
Morning all, R4 N4 Warwick Farm , Angel of Heaven makes her city debut today, beautifully bred filly on the up with a jockey to suit, nommed for the Queen. Oaks I hope she shines to warrant the trip up north , interesting watch.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 1:12pm
One to have a look at in Melb today is the former Lloyd Williams owned Hartani.
Hasn’t won for 7 years, but only had 7 starts since his last win.
Has either finished last or second last in all his Aus runs and that will likely continue today. Last run was on New Years Day 2016 in the Bagot Hcp.
Current trainer Monica Cid picked him up last year for $3,500

Story about him from bloodstock.com.au below:

Hartani back at Sandown after long absence

Craig Brennan

Melbourne

Tuesday 14 May 2019, 3:51pm

A horse bought as a lead pony will make his racetrack return at Sandown, more than three years after his last start.

Formerly trained by Robert Hickmott for Lloyd and Nick Williams, Hartani runs for Mornington horsewoman Monica Cid in Wednesday's Le Pine Funerals Handicap.

Hartani has not raced since finishing 12th to Mujadale in the Bagot Handicap at Flemington on New Year's Day, 2016.

Cid bought the now 10-year-old for $3000 as a potential lead horse last September at a dispersal sale of Lloyd Williams' stock.

"I lost my best lead horse and I was looking for another one and I loved the look of him in the photos," Cid said.

"He's an absolute gem of a horse, but he's not going to make a lead horse.

"He likes his personal space and is a real show-off.

"He might be a 10-year-old but he acts like a two-year-old."

Despite the years away from racing, Cid said there has been no issues with the gelding who did his early racing in Ireland with John Oxx.

"Looking at the history of his stable returns, he's been in and out of work over that time," Cid said.

After realising his days as a lead horse were numbered, Cid set about getting the gelding back to racing trim.

She is not expecting a lot from Hartani on Wednesday with the 1600m short of his best distance and long-term, after more racing, he could be set for a country Cup.

"I've just been playing around, done a lot of ground work with him, given him a few jump-outs," Cid said.

"The horse feels great, definitely very sound, and he's thriving.

"I do a lot of beach work and I've got access to a lot of hills and that change has brightened him up.

"He pulls like a two-year-old and just wants to work and when they feel so happy and well, you've got to give them their opportunity.

"I feel he wants to go out there and run."

Jason Benbow has the ride on Wednesday.

at http://www.bloodstock.com.au/news/story.php?id=32758#rH75ggBZhgul5Vgv.99
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 1:23pm
Nice story, hope it all goes well.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 1:45pm
Bryce will be ruing the one that got away...
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 2:35pm
After opening in 1914, today marks the last meeting held at the Murray Bridge Racecourse.

The brand new track at nearby Gifford Hill is almost ready to go.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Morning all, R4 N4 Warwick Farm , Angel of Heaven makes her city debut today, beautifully bred filly on the up with a jockey to suit, nommed for the Queen. Oaks I hope she shines to warrant the trip up north , interesting watch.

Fair run , photo finished out of 3rd money on line when tightened 50 out, still wants to pull, can't be doing that over a trip, ain't thrown the toys out of the cot yet.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 5:40pm
$3kis a lot to pay for a lead horse even a bomb proof one, let alone an unproven one! She must've had racing at least in the back of her mind Smile Thanks Xavier Thumbs Up
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 5:49pm
At least at that price, with prizemoney these days, won’t take long to make it back.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 5:49pm
Picked up $1000 for finishing today
Luva Punt View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luva Punt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 8:15am
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

After opening in 1914, today marks the last meeting held at the Murray Bridge Racecourse.

The brand new track at nearby Gifford Hill is almost ready to go.

So how much did they sell the land for to the real estate developer, and how much did SA Racing get out of it?

How much did it cost to build the new track?

All I have read is that the new track is that it has a 20 million dollar, state of the art function centre capable of accomodating 600 people.

$5 million kicked in by the developer, $5 million federal govt funding, 5 million state govt funding, $5 million dollar loan from SA Racing.

Given SA Racing is a basket case, and prize money funding has been cut, what did SA Racing get out of this that makes it so worthwhile?
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:48pm
From my understanding the sale was done about 10 years ago.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:49pm
The new track has a website which might have more info

http://giffordhill.com.au/
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 2:05pm

Fair run , photo finished out of 3rd money on line when tightened 50 out, still wants to pull, can't be doing that over a trip, ain't thrown the toys out of the cot yet.

Big test today in the Grand Prix , hope she doesn't pull for Tommy Berry , Bakers horse looks smart, top 4 for the filly may get her in the Oaks, here's hoping .
 Post Reply Post Reply