Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Neorealism

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neorealism
    Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:14pm

Japanese superstar to stand in Queensland

Racing.com Staff

3:40pm

One of last year's Cox Plate invitees will finally make it to Australia but as a stallion.

Neorealism, the conqueror of local champions Werther and Pakistan Star in a Group 1 Queen Elizabeth II Cup, is heading to stud in Queensland after being secured to stand at Oaklands Stud.

A Group 1 winner in Hong Kong and Group 2 winner in his native Japan, will provide Australian breeders with a great outcross as they plan to breed the racetrack’s next star.

A son of Sunday Silence’s influential sire son Neo Universe, Neorealism won eight of his 23 lifetime starts for trainer Noriyuki Hori and was ridden in his big Hong Kong success by one of the world’s great riders, Joao Moreira.

Neorealism is a three quarter brother to dual hemisphere Group 1 winning stallion Real Impact.

Both Real Impact and Neorealism, as well as two other stakes performers, are from the top producing Meadowlake mare Tokio Reality.

“We are thrilled to be able to stand a horse as well bred and internationally performed as Neorealism,” Oaklands Stud’s Neville Stewart said.

“He has the attributes to develop into a successful sire and he is a great addition to the sire ranks in Queensland.

“The horse is a wonderful individual, very strong, perfectly put together and has a great temperament.

“Neorealism will not only be supported by Oaklands, but a syndicate of Japanese breeders will also retain interests in the entire and he will get every chance at stud."

The introductory service fee for Neorealism in 2019 is $9,900 (inc GST).

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 3:15pm
Thats a great addition to the Qld stallion ranks if he gets a decent opportunity.
Beehive View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beehive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 3:58pm
What mares do you think that he would suit?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 5:54pm
Click to enlarge then Zoom if needed Smile

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 8:53pm
Well he'd certainly go well with all the Danehill lines, Success Express/Mossman too, both of which would add to the 3 instances of Blue Hen Banish Fear Smile
That's my rare 2 bobs worth Big smile

Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:20am
Is he completely free of Northern Dancer?  That's a very rare commodity in our market.
 Post Reply Post Reply