Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Albo 2022 Labor Government

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 32>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 5:42pm
poor pt love.

nothing is going his way LOL

But we can all still laugh....
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 5:43pm
I am with Whale here. 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

Well i wager this woman isn't thinking or having ANY empathy for those doing it hard or on Newstart.

At least BJ is.

Too busy working her ass off and paying taxes and ensuring that she is not a liability to the future taxpayers in this country to worry about how many dole bludgers and their litters she supports, whilst she can't afford to have a family ...
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

I'm more worried about fraudulent thread headings PT. Absolute disgrace that this has got through to the keeper. And when 2022 arrives - & Albo is no where to be seen - & the Libs clean up again - who is going to take the blame for this stuff. That's the the trouble with you left leaning hippie types - its all one way LOL

Get back to me in 2022.

... or when Trump is impeached?Big smile
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 11:57pm
One of the working their ass off mob Doc, George Columbaris.

Should be an actor.

His interview with Leigh Sales is pathetic; he has fame and fortune of the back of NOT paying his staff. 
how can ANY employer be owing 7.8 million over time? If he is so busy not to know staff arnt being paid properly have accounts staff in place to  take proper care about this.Where is he getting the money to payback?

And hard hitting Leigh? She used a lettuce leaf.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 9:23am
Wasn't George one of the more vocal and more quoted hospitality business people opposing weekend penalty rates?
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

One of the working their ass off mob Doc, George Columbaris.

Should be an actor.

His interview with Leigh Sales is pathetic; he has fame and fortune of the back of NOT paying his staff. 
how can ANY employer be owing 7.8 million over time? If he is so busy not to know staff arnt being paid properly have accounts staff in place to  take proper care about this.Where is he getting the money to payback?

And hard hitting Leigh? She used a lettuce leaf.

They money was paid back ages ago. 2 years, I believe.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 11:08am
$2.6 million was paid back in 2017, more has been paid back since, some is still owing and more claims are coming, I believe.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 11:15am
When he worked out his actual rights under the award, he had missed out on significant back pay. 

'I think they are putting out the message that everyone has been paid, but there is a small group of us who have been in contact (with the company) for at least 18 months now and I'm really getting no response,' he said. 

Mr Carter said it felt as if Calombaris' company, Made Establishment, was ignoring the issue. 

One employee was unable to even obtain their full-time pay slips, Mr Carter said. 

'They're really stalling it. In the past they really hoped it would go away and now it's obviously resurfaced again, but it hasn't really kicked them into action unfortunately and it's upsetting to see that the image he's selling that people are believing everyone has been paid and it's over now, but there are still people fighting for payments,' he said. 

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/seventy-hour-weeks-no-pay-slips-and-dodgy-casual-rates-george-calombaris-staff-spill-on-what-its-like-working-for-him-as-they-fight-for-lost-wages-ahead-of-tonights-masterchef-final/ar-AAEHsLd

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 11:22am
Cheers PT, different to what I thought I read.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 11:34am
you ever work for him PT ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 11:40am
No he is about 20 years younger than me, but I worked as a chef in many high end restaurants and hotels and what that article says about wages, working hours and conditions is the norm, not the exception. It was 40 hour weeks then and you got paid for 40, were rostered on for 6 x 8hr days and expected to work till the work was done, not by the clock. The work was never done inside 10-12 hours.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 11:45am
PT, it appears from this article that the money has been repaid. I put more faith in what the Fair Work ombudsman says rather than “nine news”

“MADE Establishment back-paid $7,832,953 to 515 current or former employees of Press Club, Gazi and Hellenic Republic for work between 2011 and 2017. A further $16,371 has been back-paid to nine employees of Jimmy Grants.

Fair Work Ombudsman Sandra Parker said that the EU would ensure improved wages and record-keeping practices were locked in at the MADE group.

“The Court-Enforceable Undertaking commits MADE Establishment to stringent measures to ensure that current and future employees across their restaurant group are paid correctly,” Ms Parker said.

“MADE’s massive back-payment bill should serve as a warning to all employers that if they don’t get workplace compliance right from the beginning, they can spend years cleaning up the mess.”

https://www.fairwork.gov.au/about-us/news-and-media-releases/2019-media-releases/july-2019/20190718-made-establishment-eu-media-release
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 11:55am
I get the feeling that GEORGE is being largely protected

by the media, all sides of politics, unions

7 odd million is a LOT of money to have SWINDLED from employees.

Imagine if a horse trainer, for example did the same, tbv posters north of here would be baying for blood.

How can GEORGE be left to self report, self calculate wages and SUPER....

Must be going ok to pull 7 mill out of his back pocket.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 11:38pm
Funny, I don't even recall the Cut Corners Expose or the Leigh Sales hard hitting interview when this happened this year ... hardly rated a mention amongst the Virtue signallers ... maybe that's why George is getting a leave pass ... I guess if the ABC didn't cover it, it wasn't "newsworthy" ...Embarrassed

What's $19,000 x 2,500 potentially? Confused ... George wasn't even trying!

ABC admits it has underpaid up to 2500 casual staff over six years

The ABC has admitted it underpaid up to 2500 casual staff over the past six years and has commenced an urgent review in conjunction with the Fair Work Ombudsman and unions.

The concession comes weeks after the public broadcaster acknowledged it had underpaid a member of its Brisbane-based digital news network by $19,000 over three years.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 11:41pm
However, the broadcaster also paid 157 executives a combined $2 million in bonuses in 2017-18, including one executive who received a $232,500 bonus. Former managing director Michelle Guthrie was also awarded a $70,000 pay rise.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 4:54pm
How good is an Akubra?

Image result for anthony albanese
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 7:16pm
I've got an Akubra but the brim isn't wide enough - more show than go - and it makes my head hot. It's a Pastoralist I think. Didn't have an Akubra sombreros in stock the day I bought it many years ago.

Cancer Council hat or a cheap straw sombrero for me.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 7:29pm
I wear a baseball cap for shade 10 eye ops left me sensitive to sunlight and particularly glare and a baseball cap does the job perfectly. Tried an Akubra when younger but they are too hot and blew away in a strong breeze.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 8:34pm

How good is an Akubra?

I think he needs either sun glasses or prescription glasses as he is squinting. He had better get down to Specsavers and his get eyes tested.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 8:49pm
He is trying to see ScoMo and Fraudenberg's surplus. 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 3:07am
He really needs the corks to keep the flies off, and a Drizabone and a horse for real autheticity ... and to shut up.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

How good is an Akubra?

I think he needs either sun glasses or prescription glasses as he is squinting. He had better get down to Specsavers and his get eyes tested.

He;s looking east during a morning interview - hat almost useless - should have a parasol.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 1:42pm
You have to laugh.....

ABC chair Ita Buttrose says her staff are 'fragile, sensitive, in need of reassurance'

Having worked with Kerry Packer and Rupert Murdochduring her career, media icon Ita Buttrose has had a wealth of experience dealing with strong personalities.

So perhaps the new-ish ABC chair was caught a little off-guard by the sensitive souls she has encountered in the corridors at Aunty.

Buttrose attended an Aussie Home Loans conference on Monday, appearing on a panel with ANZ boss Shayne Elliott and Aussie founder John Symond, moderated by Nine business editor Ross Greenwood.

Asked about the leadership upheaval at the broadcaster over the past year, Buttrose noted such changes were usually unsettling for staff - but particularly at the ABC."Creative people, the kind of people who work at the ABC, are very sensitive people," she said.

"You've got to understand that - that's why they do the sort of things that they do.

"So they're a little more fragile than some workers. They have to be patted a bit, and reassured that all is well," Buttrose said to laughter.

Indeed, we're told some senior ABC personnel may be in need of reassurance about Buttrose's roster of extra-curricular activities.

Just last month she cancelled a speaking engagement spruiking retirement villages for property giant Stockland after News Corp questioned her about the gig.

There are, after all, bigger fish to fry. ABC managing director David Anderson, news director Gaven Morris and general counsel Connie Carnabuci are due to appear on Tuesday at a parliamentary inquiry into press freedom (alongside other media types) sparked in part by federal police raids on the ABC's Ultimo headquarters.

Buttrose did not attend Symond's conference in her capacity as ABC chair.

But she did regale the crowd with the tale of how Scott Morrison's minders summoned her into a room at the Australian of the Year awards in Canberra so the PM could offer her the ABC chair gig."Prime Minister, you’ve taken my breath away," she told him.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 1:43pm
Link Isaac?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 4:38pm

‘Absolutely nuts’: Kevin Rudd rebukes Bill Shorten over election strategy

Former Labor PM Kevin Rudd has bluntly rebuked his own party’s strategy at the election, highlighting three key reasons it lost.

Former Labor prime minister Kevin Rudd has bluntly rebuked his own party’s strategy at the election, saying it was particularly unwise for Bill Shorten to campaign on changes to negative gearing and franking credits.

Speaking at a Canberra Writers Festival event this afternoon, Mr Rudd nominated three key reasons for Labor’s defeat in May.

First, he said, the Australian people never warmed to Mr Shorten personally.

“They didn’t like him or trust him,” he said.

Second, Labor had exposed itself to devastating attacks from the government with its proposed changes to negative gearing and franking credits — the latter of which Scott Morrison successfully labelled “the retiree tax”.

“I just think it’s nuts. It’s absolutely nuts,” Mr Rudd said of Mr Shorten’s decision to push those policies.

Third, he accused the “Murdoch media” of running an anti-Labor campaign. We should point out that News Corp Australia is the publisher of news.com.au.

Labor is currently conducting a review into its performance at the election, and new leader Anthony Albanese has indicated some of the party’s more contentious policies could be scrapped.https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/absolutely-nuts-kevin-rudd-rebukes-bill-shorten-over-election-strategy/news-story/c6123bc1c50e637f5d508ae9dd967e9e

rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 4:41pm
K Rudd.....

Neck and neck with the mad monk in terms of likeability.

Why can’t he just f*ck off, and enjoy his life.

Relevancy deprivation syndrome effects so many of them....
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 4:51pm
Psychopath for sure. Lucky he has had a career in politics.
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Psychopath for sure. Lucky he has had a career in politics.

He was smart enough to marry a woman who made half a billion dollars so work is a hobby. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 4:56pm
Not sure why you are mixing "smartness" & "psychopathy" up together ? 

Refer ALP Election Promises
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 32>